Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Newbie Question :) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Newbie Question :)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
R3PL1G4T0R_5TH

images/avatars/avatar-36.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

Newbie Question :) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Greetings!

I've only just started playing and having a read through some of the advice here in the forum and on the wiki pages.

One thing i don't seem to be able to get a definitive answer to is regarding blood points on quests. I have yet to go on a quest and i'm wondering this:

Is it better to use small amount of bloodpoints and try multiple times or use big amount of bloodpoints and try once?

Thanks in anticipation!

03-09-2007 07:33 R3PL1G4T0R_5TH is offline Search for Posts by R3PL1G4T0R_5TH Add R3PL1G4T0R_5TH to your Buddy List
Djeronimo

images/avatars/avatar-23.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At the beggining its not good to use bloodpoints at quests. You need them for defending yourself and atacking other players. Bloodpoints also recover your HP so dont use them that much.

03-09-2007 07:46 Djeronimo is offline Homepage of Djeronimo Search for Posts by Djeronimo Add Djeronimo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Djeronimo: dont have!! YIM Account Name of Djeronimo: dont have!!! View the MSN Profile for Djeronimo
Malester

images/avatars/avatar-14.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would suggest to don't use bloodpoints on easy quest, it's better choice to use it in battle. When you will be making difficult quests then arcana can be helpfull, but now it's a waste of blood.
03-09-2007 07:47 Malester is offline Search for Posts by Malester Add Malester to your Buddy List
R3PL1G4T0R_5TH

Thread Starter Thread Started by R3PL1G4T0R_5TH

That was what i thought, thank you for confirming that.

I've now tried two quests and it gave me quest of appearance twice, both which i failed miserably because there was only a 10% chance i would succeed anyways, pressumably because my appearance is 0.

I guess i just keep trying until i get a quest that i have a better chance of success in? According to the wiki, there is no way of knowing what quest i will be sent on until i reach the difficult level of quests?

I haven't read about any other way of making progress points....

03-09-2007 07:56 R3PL1G4T0R_5TH is offline Search for Posts by R3PL1G4T0R_5TH Add R3PL1G4T0R_5TH to your Buddy List
Malester

I think that good choice is to rise all your stats for higher chance on quests in every tests, you will have more exp and better items.
03-09-2007 07:58 Malester is offline Search for Posts by Malester Add Malester to your Buddy List
R3PL1G4T0R_5TH

Therein lies my dilema. I can't raise my stats because i have no pts of progress. As far as i am understanding, the only source of 'pts of progress' is through questing?

03-09-2007 08:10 R3PL1G4T0R_5TH is offline Search for Posts by R3PL1G4T0R_5TH Add R3PL1G4T0R_5TH to your Buddy List
Malester

Quests and ambushes.
03-09-2007 08:11 Malester is offline Search for Posts by Malester Add Malester to your Buddy List
R3PL1G4T0R_5TH

Ah yes. I just noticed something that slipped below my radar earlier in the tutorial. Also tasks ie raising a building can get you points/exp. Making exp from attacking persons is also good. I don't think i'm ready for attacking yet, i can't seem to get past ambush stage. Well, i now know all there is to know about points of progress and their relation to experience points.

Thank you for your help, hopefully this will help some future lost souls on their way to understanding!

03-09-2007 08:15 R3PL1G4T0R_5TH is offline Search for Posts by R3PL1G4T0R_5TH Add R3PL1G4T0R_5TH to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

There are many people who hardly started playing so making ambushes on them won't be too difficult I think.

From tasks only PP are gained, not xp.

03-09-2007 18:53 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
R3PL1G4T0R_5TH

Yup, i noticed that too lol. No exp from task, only progress points.

I didn't make many attacks on lower beings, i quickly found there was more exp to be had from feeding off higher beings!!

I find that if i'm low on resources, then the best choice of action is a quick easy hit on a lower being, but if it's experience i'm after, the higher beings yeild more Big Grin

Such a great game, i learn fast too..

03-10-2007 13:11 R3PL1G4T0R_5TH is offline Search for Posts by R3PL1G4T0R_5TH Add R3PL1G4T0R_5TH to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Thanks, hope You kick some a.. as they got to self-confident. <twisted>

Crap, wish I could join the fight Big Grin

Thank You.
03-11-2007 00:08 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Newbie Question :)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH