Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » It's the arts » Our Stories » The Wanting » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Wanting
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raziel666
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-26-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS & AOD

The Wanting Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I decided to take a quick break from my normal story that you are all reading that after a really wierd dream I came up with this - based on that dream - It's only a short story so I hope you enjoy.

The Wanting

It really is one of those nights, you go out partying till the early hours, have one to many too drink and pray to god you don't get caught. Well I do anyways.

The clock in my car glarred at me. 2.59am. It's light green colouring illuminating the cabin of my ten year old sports cars. I wanted to get home, that I was certain.

Hammering down the road at 108 mph gave me a constant reminder that keep a vigalient look out for the long arm of the law. At this speed if I was caught, it would be the end of my driving career; well for twelve months actually, but I'm sure it would feel like forever.

The streets lights blurred past one after the other, the four lane motorway infront of me eerily clear, no cars, none what to speak of, even at this time of the night I would expect to find at least one or two.

I'd stick the music on had I not blow both amplifiers earlier this week. I would have them back in a forenight, Till then I would have to entertain myself with my own voice. How boring.

I look behind me using the rear view mirrow as my aide, I would be sure to see the same sight as a few minutes ago, why I kept looking only a bad habit could tell me. For once I'm glad of that driving habit, flashing lights in the distance, red, blue, red, blue.

Shit. it's about the only thought to run through my mind. They must have clocked me when I was deep in thought - this would never of happened if I had my music. Thinking maybe good for the soul, but bad for your licence.

I slam my gearbox down a couple of gears and ram my foot hard to the floor taking the accelarator petal with me. My speed increases from 108 to 121, my mind focused at the task in hand to avoid getting caught, anoher glance and the headlight of the police car can be seen. Seems he's going faster then I am, at the moment.

138mph, I can feel the front of the car lift slightly from the excess speed and I have no intention of lifting to slow this baby down. I know a junction from here. Junction eight I believe, maybe nine. My memory is not what it used to be.

I push the car to a screaming 155, the car judders forward, end of the road for any additional speed, I knew I should have imported this car. Seems the UK like to limit their cars to this pace. Another glance in my mirrors, the police don't seem to have this problem and I can see them gaining, if only slightly.

This Junction seems like eternity, in truth it's only about 3 miles away. I switched on my fogs and turned my lights off. Maybe this will confuse the police.

I hit the junction at 155mph and tear half way up the mile stretch and hit the anchors hard, the back end steps out slightly and easily corrected. Coming to a full stop a quickly glance up the motorway - the police car with it's sirens still wailing disapprears off into the distance. Looks like my ruse worked.

I wipe the sweat from my forehead and pray they did not get a plate number. Pumped up on adreneline I take the first exit off the round-a-bout The small winding backroad being my company. Looks like the SatNav knew where it was going - I didn't have a clue.

The clock light shaun 3.07am. Still another couple of hours till daylight. This little country road carried on forever. I've been up now for nearly eighteen hours. Sleep seems to be a great thing right now. Maybe I'll come across a B&B - I'll have to stop and rest. I'd sleep in the car is it wasn't so uncomfortable.

Small track road, slight left bend, slight right bend, I almost hear myself saying the driving commands. My eyes are feeling heavy, I blink.

"Shit!" I blurt out the expletion as a sharp seventy-five degree corner comes upon me. I turn the wheel hard, the back end steps out and I powerslide the car round. That woke me up. Next time I have to be more vigilant and stay focused.

Driving for another couple of miles I come to a small village, it's so small even the SatNav doesn't know it exists.

Audeody Rea the sign reads as I pass it, never heard of it. Then again there are so many little villages around here I'm not surprised.

Lay me to rest strange name I think as I approched what looks to be a bed and breakfast - but nice play on words, even if the name does belong in a horror story.

I park in the car park and get out, my car is covered in dust from the powerslide and the engire whirrs like crazy from the earlier police chase, but I can't be bothered to think about that at the minute what I really want is a bed.

The B&B is an old eighteenth century three story houses. Brick built base with woodne panelling top. All the windows still had the original shutters. A wind whipped up and blew the dust around the car park. A little eerie I think, but I've seen worse.

I open the doors to the building and stroll though. I feel like I have just walked into a western movie. The interior was dull, beige, the wall paper peeling off the walls exposing the wooden beams underneath.

In the middle is a large oak dest that sqaures rund a large wooden beam, I walk up to the desk and look at the lady behind the counter. The name tag reads 'Martha'.

"Good morning sugar, a little late to be out and about, what can I do for ya." The accent sound deep south american. Her skin dark chocolate and somewhere around a size fourty. She seem jolly enough, she wore a large radient smile.

I tell her I'm after a room for the night, she starts typing a load of nonsence on the computer that I will never understand.

"Sugar your in luck, we have just one room left. theres a but though"

Always a but, everything in life always comes with a but. She continues.

"It's not cheap."

I tell her that I really do not care about the price and that all i'm looking for is rest.

"Not a problem sugar."

She hands me a key, it made of iron, one of those old keys you could see in a castle. On the handle is a little card that reads the The Wanting Room.

"If you don't mind sugar." I hear a voice call out to me "Can you give us about ten minutes to freshen up the room. Have a drink in the bar. Trust me sugar you'll love it."

I nod my head and don't really bother answering her I look over at a few tables and chairs and a wooden bench with a few taps on it. Must be the bar I tell myself and head over.

The barman looked at me and twiddled his long grey moustache, he was wearing a large bown coyboy hat, checked shirt and jeans. I ask him what century he's from expecting a whitty comment in reply.

"Son, I'm from the nineteenth century, ran a place called the The Final Shot."

I was right, this man was a comic genius, shame I didn't find him funny. I decide on a beer and ask what's on tap. I get a responce that they serve just one beer called Dead Mans Ale. I ask if it's any good.

"Knock your socks off sonny, Thats been served here for nearly one hundred and fifty years."

I ask for a pint and conmend him on his acting skill telling him that I felt that I was really in the old west. I crack a joke about playing cards. He tells me every thursday nights. Shame is Sunday.

The thick brown ale really does taste like its over one hundred and fifty years old, its boarders somewhere on the lines of rank and vile, but just to show face for the man now eyeing me intently to see just how much I love his stuff, I drink it.

Making my excuses I leave the man to his tables are chairs, or as her would have put it, his saloon and make my way up the stairs. I get up the next floor and a bell boy of no more then sixteens tell me I need to go up another 3 flights to the top floor, I'll find my room there.

Strange I think, I never asked him for help. Seems like this hotel knows its guests, prehaps it's not so bad after all.

I reach the the third floor, there is only one door and it's right in front of me. The words 'The Wanting' intricatly etched into the ebony wood. I insert the large key and twist. The door opens slowly. It's age apparent from the noice it made as it swings into the room.

The room however is something else. a black and white theme. The wallpaper of extraordinany quality, the black large floral print contrasing against the white. There is a large fifty inch plasma television in one of the corners, hooked upto it a PS3 and dvd player. The mahagany four poster bed covered in the finest silk sheets. Lavish pictures on the walls and expensive throw rugs. I can start to understand the £300 pound a night bill.

I decide to lay on the bed and ponder the event of tonight, two lucky escapes and a hotel that is straight from the past with snips of the present thrown in. I have to say this will be one hell of a story to tell the lads back at my local, even though I know they will never believe me.

I grab the remote for the television and switch it on, I nice surprice to find that the t.v actually goes to the normal channels rather then some blue screen with fish swimming across it and your name greeting you to the hotel.

It's the news. Seems there was an accident earlier today. A car verred off the road and impacted the tree sideways, ripping it in two. Only one occupant how died instantly. I reconise the corner as the one I have to slide around, seems I wasn't the only one to not see it. Poor bastard.

The television screen shows a close up of the car, looks simalar to mine, sports car, four door in black.

"Glad that wasn't me." I say to myself out loud.

"Sugar, that is you."

I jump around to see Martha standing in the room, the door still locked.

I almost panic asker her how she got in here.

"That sugar for me is not a problem, however, you have one and it's on that screen."

I turn back to the television and sure enough there is my face. The news bulletain stating my name and age. They also identified my car and my run in with the law. They felt that although I didn't deserve this, justice was done.

My mouth is dry, unresponsive, I want to say something, but nothing is there. Martha decides to answer those questions for me.

"Sugar, you fell asleep at the wheel and drove off the road at over ninty miles an hour. I am sorry to be the one to tell you, but you are dead. Just like the rest of us."

I'm shocked and demand that this joke ends now or i'm leaving to find another place to sleep.

Again the same openning line "Sugar, you really are dead. You are what we called the The Wanting. A spirit that does not want to pass to the afterlife. You don't want to reconize the truth and that you died in that accent."

I stare back at the screen, the television had changed to a small crappy fourteen inch, so to has the room, back to match the dull pale yellow walls with the wooden beams showing though. There are no pictures and no posh rugs. Even the bed has changed into a drab, dull, unconfortable thing.

Martha continues "Sugars, didn't you read the signs."

I don;t really have a clue what she is on about and then it hits me, she literally means the signs. The ale, Dead mans ale. The hotels name itself and then where I am. I have to grab a pen from the side of the bed and write on the walls Audeody Rea.

it was an anagram I didn't need much to work it out.

You Are

My heart suck at the last four remaining letters and I couldn't bring myself to read them, there was the signs and Martha was telling the truth.

She opens the door to the room and I look at her asking what I do know.

"Sugar, like the rest of us that do not want to leave, enjoy your stay."

With that she closes the door.

TIME TO LOST SOME WEIGHT - I WANT MY MITSI !!!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Raziel666: 07-21-2009 14:00.

07-21-2009 13:58 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
incubus2314

Registration Date: 07-10-2009
Clan: A.S.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

33 views and not one moderator Smile
07-25-2009 04:30 incubus2314 is offline Search for Posts by incubus2314 Add incubus2314 to your Buddy List
BattleOx

Registration Date: 10-14-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is a cool story I haven't read your other ones will do now though thanks

07-25-2009 15:39 BattleOx is offline Search for Posts by BattleOx Add BattleOx to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

hehe

i liked that one

very nice Smile

a short story can be just as entertaining as a 2billion page novel lol

keep up the good work

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
07-25-2009 16:21 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raziel666

Thanks guys for the great input

My read work is my other major story though and would recommend that one to everybody

I feel it far better then this quick one

07-26-2009 23:13 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by incubus2314
33 views and not one moderator Smile

I'm not sure I follow?

Great short story Raziel Smile

07-26-2009 23:46 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raziel666
Double Ace

Thanks Artoir

and I think that the person means replies

33 view and no replies - which would make more sense

07-27-2009 12:30 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
incubus2314

Registration Date: 07-10-2009
Clan: A.S.

Oh yeah
Sorry about that
Thats what i meant

P.S. Great story Big Grin
08-04-2009 05:12 incubus2314 is offline Search for Posts by incubus2314 Add incubus2314 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Whoa, that's the kind of dream that makes people slightly more crazy. Nice story though, don't wanna know what goes through your mind when your asleep though.

And thanks for the reply on my thread, t'is what got me to read this.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
08-13-2009 15:46 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Raziel666
Double Ace

To be honest - I wonder about that myself sometimes.

You want to read my main story for some seriously messed up ideas.

But tahnks I'm glad you enjoyed this.

oh buy something, never ware it and still have all the tag - second hand - you would never be able to re-sell at the price you bought for it.

08-13-2009 20:30 Raziel666 is offline Search for Posts by Raziel666 Add Raziel666 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » It's the arts » Our Stories » The Wanting

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH