Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Sick and tired » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sick and tired
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
arania

images/avatars/avatar-243.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Sick and tired Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Of Raxis closing down discussion threads.....

Especially in off topic, where things are meant to be discussed....

And his reasons for closing down threads is lame....

Answers quickly before the power goes to his head yet again and he closes this thread.... lol

03-27-2009 12:51 arania is offline Search for Posts by arania Add arania to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

have u heard of RNG rubbish *&^*&^)@&^)$@*&$^@*&@)&@)&$@&$@&^)@&@
ya the mods job is end/close whatever topic that included anything that involves RNG, so that the truth never comes out Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 03-27-2009 13:17.

03-27-2009 13:17 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And what "truth" is that Minshres?

03-27-2009 13:44 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

please enlighten us minshres. you seem to know more about it than we do

03-27-2009 13:45 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
arania

Thread Starter Thread Started by arania
lol Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Minshires, you seem to have the Mods in a flap.... Is it because you know something they dont and they dont feel as important any more.... lmfao

Dont tell them anything, knowledge is power....

03-27-2009 13:54 arania is offline Search for Posts by arania Add arania to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Go through the offtopic section and count how many threads are RNG related and you will see why mods close them; Because almost every day a new one starts complaining that the RNG is unfair or that something is broken.

I suggest you dig around some older posts complaining about the same thing, where players have done experiments with regards to things like upgrading or questing chances with 1000's of calculations (after all if you flip a coin six times, it very rarely lands on heads 3 times and tails 3 times) and they have found the RNG is working perfectly.

Another misconception that it "likes" some players and dislikes others is impossible. All it is, is a piece of code. It doesn't have the capacity to differentiate between players and it doesn't have good moods or bad moods, it's all down to chance.

03-27-2009 14:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
minshres
Viking

Truth about RNG: its random.

lmao. its a stupid comment i KNOW. but u asked for it Tongue

03-27-2009 21:28 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
Truth about RNG: its random.

And that's how every discussion about RNG should end...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-27-2009 22:05 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

I think my signature explains this very well Big Grin lol

The ''random number generator'' should be re-named Wink

Always the same crap....erator? is a good name i think Smile

03-28-2009 05:06 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Hmm True to fashion Arania I think I may close this thread Big Grin

The fact is that really every time someone complains about RNG related stuf they should get a warning, since it's repeating topics that already exist. But we don't, we simply close them.

Your imperfection.
03-28-2009 07:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
arania

Thread Starter Thread Started by arania
lol Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Knew it wouldn't be long...

The powers that be are taking our freedom of speech away.... Next it will be or freedom of thought.... Oh! sorry they do that already through TV and mindless computer games...lol

03-28-2009 09:13 arania is offline Search for Posts by arania Add arania to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Lol, freedom of speech? I'd say it's freedom of repeating the past...

It's like 3 political parties making a news conference and every one of them talking about the same thing but in different words. The same bunch of lies (the politics, not the talks about rng).

The same pattern applies to the discussions about rng, different words, same arguments and (as always) complaints that rng is not always random...

03-28-2009 09:19 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

well i have to agree with the mods on this one.....

the rng is exactly that a rng

now dont get me wrong id love to have great drops everyday but if that was the case the rare items woudnt be so rare would they.....

i get the club+1,shirt,cap+3 everyday....but every now and again(yesterday) i got 3 ls and a few hs......

i dont no what else can be added to this discussion that hasnt been said b4..

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-28-2009 14:06 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Everything has been told before. Now players are repeating the complaints and the mods are repeating the answer Tongue

Good thing this thread is in the offtopic section, otherwise this would be a warning spree Tongue

03-28-2009 15:10 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
minshres
Viking

i have been wondering since this is RNG thread so lets talk about RNG stuff...

is finding lucky items in quest RNG? if it wasn't then everyone should be finding lucky stuff right.

03-28-2009 18:47 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Hmm how about adding...

Chance for success (Theoretical): 90%

as the Actual chance for success is a little higher / lower if I remember from somebody testing..?

It wouldn't stop people ranting but it would be a little more accurate and tell people that this is only the chance they should get, not what is always actually achieved

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
03-28-2009 19:32 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
schwertische

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
The same pattern applies to the discussions about rng, different words, same arguments and (as always) complaints that rng is not always random...

of course, it is a software random number generator so it is a PRNG and actually not really random Wink *scnr
03-28-2009 19:35 schwertische is offline Search for Posts by schwertische Add schwertische to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by schwertische
quote:

of course, it is a software random number generator so it is a PRNG and actually not really random Wink *scnr

No machine has the randomness the humans do.

All of them must follow some kind of algorithm therefore not completely random but too close for most people to notice a pattern.

quote:

03-28-2009 19:43 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
schwertische

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
No machine has the randomness the humans do.

All of them must follow some kind of algorithm therefore not completely random but too close for most people to notice a pattern.

Well, if you work with some quantal gauging stations switching between quantal-time and quantal-locality you could realise a rng, but I'm drunk and not a physicist so I wouldn't count on that idea.

I'm in doubt that a human can be random without a pattern, anyway it wouldn't change the game system at all if it would be real random, the only thing that would change is that with a real rng you have no possibility to (re-)calculate it
03-28-2009 20:03 schwertische is offline Search for Posts by schwertische Add schwertische to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

This reminds me of a dry joke:

A discussion between two geeks:
- I need a random number generator.
- Four.

That's the fun part of the rng Tongue

03-28-2009 21:27 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
God_Like_Friend
Lord

quote:
This reminds me of a dry joke:

A discussion between two geeks:
- I need a random number generator.
- Four.

That's the fun part of the rng Tongue

Lol. If you have ever had a conversation with me Schwertische you will know randomness is real.

quote:

03-28-2009 21:40 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Sick and tired

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH