Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » What are you religious views? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What are you religious views? 8 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Coven

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Who runs the schools out there? Government or Church? If they are not run by the church I don't understand what religion is doing in school at all. If they are run by the Church why the heck does a country leave it's education up to the church?....

Here you have a choice between public school, private or catholic(or other religion). There is no compulsary religion taught in public schools.

I know very little about the school systems out there but Artoir's comments about it being compulsary disturb me. I mean are things taught about all religions in these classes or just Christian/catholic views?

11-02-2009 12:44 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

NI is ruled by religion and there have been wars fought there for years over it....

catholics and protestants.... depending on the school the religion is compulsery....

its a complete crock of poo if you asked me.... we have the right to choose what we belive and not have it thrust upon us by anyone let alone the government

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-02-2009 12:59 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

In christian schools I know that R.E is taught in both Primary and High School
In primary if it is a christian school you are taught about jesus etc. in high school you are still taught about Christianity however they do teach you about other religions and their beliefs and how different religions view different moral issues and the levels of intensity in religions (orthodox...) so you are not just spoon fed christian beliefs in a last ditch attempt to make you believe before you are out, they do their best to teach you about the other religions out there and also about moral and ethical issues within society such as crime and punishment and prejudice and discrimmination.

I don't know about private schools but in most CofE schools you have to take it at GCSE Frown

As for my beliefs hmm... agnostic bordering on athiesm Tongue as I am sceptical on almost everything Big Grin but hey ho I have nothing against people who believe in christianity or in any other religion people can have whatever religious veiws they wish Smile

11-02-2009 13:09 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera
Who runs the schools out there? Government or Church? If they are not run by the church I don't understand what religion is doing in school at all. If they are run by the Church why the heck does a country leave it's education up to the church?....

Here you have a choice between public school, private or catholic(or other religion). There is no compulsary religion taught in public schools.

I know very little about the school systems out there but Artoir's comments about it being compulsary disturb me. I mean are things taught about all religions in these classes or just Christian/catholic views?

Yes even in england religion is fairly compulsary. It's changing now, but certainly a few years ago it was almost a given you would have to take RE GCSE. I had to, most of the people I know had to as well (These are people from uni, thus across the country... mostly northern) and my Secondary School was state run.

Religion should be taught, I agree, but it should be taught from an outside perspective, nnot from a Christian one. Or any other religious perspective... to be honest, there is no real way to teach it, except with an open mind

Your imperfection.
11-02-2009 16:10 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Nayrlien
Thanks artoir.

So what you are saying titan, is that we can't have humor in this discussion???

That quote was given to me from a very religious friend of mine, seems he found it very amusing, obviously some have a sense of humor some don't.

And hey, what's a debate or discussion if it's not provocative??? Everybody puts their views out there and people discuss, just cause you don't like something doesn't mean anything needs toning down.

Did u read what i posted Tongue it doesnt offend me in the slightest. Just saying this thread has the potential to do downhill stupidly fast so mabye exercising some restraint would be best. I am not saying this to just you, it is for everyone. How did u get not having a sense of humour from my post? All i said was posting in block caps wasnt necessary. We shall see when this thread turns into a war Tongue

I failed my religion gcse....miserably. I have very little interest in most of the stuff i was supposed to know such as parables etc...
11-02-2009 16:42 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

I havent actually read all of this thread but from what Ive seen of it .. wow..

I dont believe in any religion really .. I mean if there is a god then hes a sick twisted son of a .... but thats just my outlook considering what has happened to good people that have done nothing wrong.. (and thats just my friends & family.. )

lol titan I barely scraped a C grade & I fell asleep through an hour & half of the 2 hours of the test lmao .. it was that interesting >_<

(gonna sound like a complete weirdo now) I do however believe in reincarnation, we die & come back as something different later on, I believe that your souls & the souls of the people you love are joined, as in (hmm how to explain it) .. when you die & the people you love die you eventually get back together in one way or another in the next life .. so it maybe as friends, family or whatever ..but your still connected ..

Yes Im a weirdo but I quite like the idea of always being with the people you love..

As for vampire, werewolves, goblins & gholies ... yup their cool but I know they dont exist (if they did thatd be pretty sweet Big Grin )

Kinda going off the religious views a little bit but thats what I believe in Smile
11-02-2009 17:02 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

"R.E" is compulsory even at GCSE, don't ask me why :S
my school claimed not to be religous in any way shape or form, but any speakers we had come in preached to us about their religions, annoyed the hell out of me.
henceforth several suspension for making it publically known that it was cow manure.
i failed R.E at GCSE due to not mentioning any other religions in exam questions, and for a ever so slightly biased/racist point of view on muslim.
that and the religion of choice for the essay was jedi Tongue
i don't think i should've failed, it was a beautiful piece of work about the balance of the fore and yoda being a pimp etc.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

11-02-2009 17:18 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I don't agree with making it mandatory to force religion upon the students especially if it's mainly Christianity being taught. I think having it as an elective in high school or beyond is fine. I just wonder how it affects those of other religions who are forced to be taught about Christianity.

11-02-2009 20:15 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
I don't agree with making it mandatory to force religion upon the students especially if it's mainly Christianity being taught. I think having it as an elective in high school or beyond is fine. I just wonder how it affects those of other religions who are forced to be taught about Christianity.

Well in NI there are mainly Catholic Schools, Protestant Schools and Integrated Schools.

And with regards to Paranoia's comments about Religion being the root of the Trouble in Northern Ireland, that's caused by Unionists/Loyalists VS Nationalists/Republicans and the occupation of Northern Ireland, not religion.

11-02-2009 20:20 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

quote:

[quote to above hespera, RE only compulsory in church schools.]

I believe the same of birth, it is unfair i am forced to be catholic through baptism, i can now never say i am not catholic, i can only say i am a catholic who doesnt believe in catholicism etc.

11-02-2009 20:20 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
quote:

I believe the same of birth, it is unfair i am forced to be catholic through baptism, i can now never say i am not catholic, i can only say i am a catholic who doesnt believe in catholicism etc.

Wouldn't say that mate. If you were inducted into Hitler Youth at age 2 (speaking hypothetically here), then denounced the Third Reich later in life, that doesn't make you a Nazi who doesn't believe in Naziism Smile

11-02-2009 20:22 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

But apparently, due to my being baptised, there is no official exit to the church. Except converting to a religion where there is an exit Smile

11-02-2009 20:27 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
quote:

Wouldn't say that mate. If you were inducted into Hitler Youth at age 2 (speaking hypothetically here), then denounced the Third Reich later in life, that doesn't make you a Nazi who doesn't believe in Naziism Smile

+1
i believe you have to full accept something and practise it in order to be classed as that religion.
cubie, you don't accept the catholicism, therefore you are not.
and nobody take it to the point "i am not human, therefore im not"
cogito ergo sum shall not work in this arguemnt, i think, therefore i am, it works in reverse, i do not think, so i am not Tongue

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

11-02-2009 20:28 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Dont know if many people have seen it, but watch the film "the invention of lying"...

Personally i would like to think there is some supreme "god" who watches over us, but with all that is wrong with the world i just dont see any evidence so i do not belive in "god"...

I most defenatly think there is life after death thou. certainly not heaven or hell, the thought of an endless nothing-ness is quite depressing really, i like the idea of comeing back as something else... but what happens to your memory's? i may smoke away alot of them, but i still have alot of memory's... were do they go? a memory bank? xD

perhaps i am deluding myself with self promise of a beter life or extended life the same as religious people do Frown

11-03-2009 10:03 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
Dont know if many people have seen it, but watch the film "the invention of lying"...

Personally i would like to think there is some supreme "god" who watches over us, but with all that is wrong with the world i just dont see any evidence so i do not belive in "god"...

I most defenatly think there is life after death thou. certainly not heaven or hell, the thought of an endless nothing-ness is quite depressing really, i like the idea of comeing back as something else... but what happens to your memory's? i may smoke away alot of them, but i still have alot of memory's... were do they go? a memory bank? xD

perhaps i am deluding myself with self promise of a beter life or extended life the same as religious people do Frown

Don't waste your life worrying about the afterlife, make the most of the time you have now Wink

11-03-2009 10:11 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Thats easier said than done...
I dont know how long im going to live, and the thought of not being able to think is horrible, and endlessness of nothing... not being able to think of more useless idea's to post on here Shocked the horror of it Tongue

11-03-2009 10:31 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

You won't be thinking, because you won't be alive?

To quote Monty Python...

"E's not pinin'! E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!"

11-03-2009 10:40 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Sanguinarius

images/avatars/avatar-606.jpg

Registration Date: 10-19-2009
Clan: V13 BC

i think we should all become jedi thats a cool order to fallow oh every one when the next senses cums out when it ask what religion u are put down jedi

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sanguinarius: 11-03-2009 14:09.

11-03-2009 14:08 Sanguinarius is offline Search for Posts by Sanguinarius Add Sanguinarius to your Buddy List
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

I my self am completely Athiest there is nothing that has been said to me to make me believe in any religion and i'm not just gonna blindly believe in anything unless u can actually prove any of it

11-03-2009 18:18 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad

yay someone else who thinks like that lol of course it had to be Able but hey Big Grin I believe you come back as something but not heaven & hell .. although I must admit angels & demons when you go into the research about what they are supposed to be etc are quite cool Big Grin

yes im a weirdo Big Grin
11-03-2009 22:29 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

tbh there is more fact behind reincanatio nthan there is about heaven or hell... just not i nthe way every one thinks of it becouse in essance we are energy energy is never destriod just transformed in to anouther form of energy Tongue now i immage that meny peoples energy's combind would creat the energy to make anouther life form or just ofc to set fire to somthing....

there seems to be alot of us who don't beleive in god. but beleive in an arfter life of some sort? think its just humans whish full thinking that they don't want to ever just be nuthing?? i know it scares me shirtless Tongue

11-03-2009 22:33 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
nero

images/avatars/avatar-607.jpeg

Registration Date: 09-27-2009
Clan: End/SoT

ah now i've finally takin the time to read the thread fully

well riencarnation i'm not sure of as said energy can not be either created or destroyed it can only be converted into somthing else, I do belive that once your dead then well your dead thats it for you,

now my school has a compulsery religion class and there was a religion book fr it which has about i dunno 100 pages but anyway nearly all of it is christianity with maybe a bit of islam/Judaism strewn around in there and i think this is absolutely ridiculas and ppl have i right to choose what they want to believe in and not have it forced down there throath

11-05-2009 22:42 nero is offline Search for Posts by nero Add nero to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

I hope not to get warning cause I'm not sure is this necroposting or not but well ...
As I was wondering making same post about it and SEARCH it like Artoir's tag or w/e says and have read some of the posts

And I'm atheist probably cause my all family is.
I'm not asking anyone to believe me or anything and I'm not trying to mock anything you believe. Its just my opinion about things cause we got freedom of speech. So no hard feelings.

I believe that religion is good cause it helps people to make wiser decision like not to steal or kill or not to do anything bad to other life form.
I believe in evolution and think god is made up by smart people to control the fool ones who can't explain things like sun or how we came to be.
NOW
Here is a youtube video where guy(who was religious until age of reason as he likes to say) talks about religion and point outs the things what don't seem right , ignore the laugh and just think what he is saying
10 minutes of your time either are you religious or not you should watch this and I think you won't regret it.
Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o (Clicking here on your own safety, If you don't trust or know youtube don't click)

If you felt insulted in any way I'm sorry

Criticism is welcome

02-25-2010 12:55 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

ok i dont care what happens to me when i die. i'll find out whats there when i get there lol

but how can the bible be only 3000 years old (old and new testment) yet the earth is couple of billion years old so much for god making the world in 7 days. and theres not even one mention of dinosurs in it ether.

but thats just me

free will thats a tricky one which i have so much fun with when ppl try to get me to convert lol how can i go of my own free will if you trying to get me to go, its ment to be a personal choice if i wish to believe in a higher being than me.

by all means believe in what you want to i dont mind. i just cant take it seriously myself.

i dont mean to offend anyone with my point of view but thats what you asked for.
02-25-2010 17:12 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

quote:
Originally posted by darc
ok i dont care what happens to me when i die. i'll find out whats there when i get there lol

but how can the bible be only 3000 years old (old and new testment) yet the earth is couple of billion years old so much for god making the world in 7 days. and theres not even one mention of dinosurs in it ether.

but thats just me

free will thats a tricky one which i have so much fun with when ppl try to get me to convert lol how can i go of my own free will if you trying to get me to go, its ment to be a personal choice if i wish to believe in a higher being than me.

by all means believe in what you want to i dont mind. i just cant take it seriously myself.

i dont mean to offend anyone with my point of view but thats what you asked for.

Surely the fact that dying and just being basically in an eternally brain-dead stuck in a box for the next bajillion years bothers you somewhat. (for some reason i keep thinking your still aware of whats going on and whatnot, but can't do anything. Think of it as full body paralysis) The fact that you don't believe in god basically means you don't believe in afterlife/rebirth and all that jibba jabba, which IMO is a pretty scary thought (although if it's go through life again or stay dead, i choose death, life is too much hassle XD)

And my guess about the bible being made then? They just found out what LSD was and had a LITTLE too hard of a trip XD (just kidding) I still call bull on only finding out god existed at 0 B.C when earth has existed for billions of years beforehand, and i'm sure humans also existed for quite alot of those billions of years.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
02-26-2010 07:29 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Nemazis
quote:
Originally posted by darc

but thats just me

Surely the fact that dying and just being basically in an eternally brain-dead stuck in a box for the next bajillion years bothers you somewhat. (for some reason i keep thinking your still aware of whats going on and whatnot, but can't do anything. Think of it as full body paralysis) The fact that you don't believe in god basically means you don't believe in afterlife/rebirth and all that jibba jabba, which IMO is a pretty scary thought (although if it's go through life again or stay dead, i choose death, life is too much hassle XD)

And my guess about the bible being made then? They just found out what LSD was and had a LITTLE too hard of a trip XD (just kidding) I still call bull on only finding out god existed at 0 B.C when earth has existed for billions of years beforehand, and i'm sure humans also existed for quite alot of those billions of years.

Im pretty sure we would know by now when there would be any brain activity while your dead and anyways I'd wanna be cremated so your theory wouldn't work and some necrophiliacs wouldn't dig me up. Tho I have tough about how we eat alot of preservatives and your bodies might starting to adapt to that someday and our body and mind dies but wont decay and then lightning hits the ground of graveyard and whole lot of dead bodies will come to live and those zombies eat US ALL!!!!
But seriously I don't think any people has a soul of any kind , just a figures of speech how our minds work differently so I just can't believe going into heaven or hell or where else the "soul" can go.
1.EDIT:In old times we believed the Earth is flat and there is a candle inside every human and when the candle stops burning we die and that the sun turns around Earth not the other way around so I just hope this is one of those times and people get real cause I'm pretty tired to see wars and stuff about imaginary things.

2.EDIT:I think people made up this soul going to heaven or hell or somewhere after you die cause they couldn't accept the fact that they or people close to them stops exist just like that.

3.EDIT: Lol I can go on and on about this xD Sorry this time I'm not so politically correct anymore

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Bat: 02-26-2010 11:14.

02-26-2010 11:05 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

my personal beleif is that there mustve been something. a spark or something that triggered life. from there its evolution all the way.

easter and christmas are a time for family and friends to meet and spend time with each other.

theres one thing that all religions have in common and thats food. food is a universal language accepted worldwide because its a taste of another culture.

organised religion has its good and bad points. mainly, they are all down to interpretation.

if i had to pick one religion that i adhere to without realising it would be satanism. i dated a girl who insisted that i read the satanic bible, and from cover to cover its pretty much human nature.

02-26-2010 20:49 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8

if i had to pick one religion that i adhere to without realising it would be satanism. i dated a girl who insisted that i read the satanic bible, and from cover to cover its pretty much human nature.

Good man ;-)

Although satanism isn't really a religion, moreso an anti-religion from a philosophical standpoint, it rejects all manners of deity and instead insists on the expression of the individual.

That nothing is truly good or evil, and the so-called 'sins' in the sense most people think of them are just a form of self-denial.

But of course me saying the above will lead to the automatic question, 'So murder is ok?'. Bless the ignorance. In short, it can be, for further reference the 'Eleven satanic rules of the Earth' should explain it.

By and by, anyone who mistakes satanism for devil-worship, seriously, pick up a copy of Lavey's Satanic bible (he did write other books, also valid to varying degrees). Dont speak from ignorance.

As the great man himself once said:
'The biggest sin in Satanism is not murder, nor is it kindness, it is stupidity'.
02-26-2010 21:00 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

I just found out that in my country (Estonia) there are 76% of people who clam not to have any specific religion what is pretty big % I think considering there is about 16% atheists in USA and 20% atheists in UK.

So maybe thats why I'm not believing in invisible all powerful but a bit poor man(churches seem to need money all the time so I'm just guessing you know)watching us.
When I was like pretty young around 13 or so I didn't know all the fun religions yet like Mormons and stuff so when some random old lady near church asked me do I believe in something I said I'm into satanism

Tho now I haven't have time to read the satanic bible yet but I have heard its not something so evil or whatever people think when the hear word "satanic bible"
Its funny how not knowing makes people fear things
Its like being in dark room where you can't see what is in the other side of the room and it makes you scared , its empty but you can't see it is and you'll be afraid of a empty room
And not knowing is the thing what religion uses to win you over atleast I think so

02-27-2010 09:37 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Faquarl

Registration Date: 11-03-2009

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
A recent scientific study (which I read in a magazine, so cannot link now) showed that belief is coded in our genes. If you'd separate a few humans they will eventually believe in something. That leads to the conclusion that belief is not necessary, the existence of any kind of god is just your imagination, afterlife is a lie etc.

I don't believe in any god or anything even slightly similar.

scientologists and mormons just go to prove this in my opinion..... quite how anyone could buy into either of those "religions" i don't know.... but whatever floats your boat i guess >_>

as for me i am agnostic i find it hard to believe in a divine force or whatever shaping everything out there, however i do think that if everyone simply took the general message present in all religion the world would be a better place for it rather than simply arguing about the pedantic little things like the names of said deitys >_>

that being said buddhism is by far and away the most logical religion in my eyes and the only one i would consider ever praticing.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Faquarl: 02-27-2010 11:37.

02-27-2010 11:34 Faquarl is offline Search for Posts by Faquarl Add Faquarl to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
quote:

Good man ;-)

Although satanism isn't really a religion, moreso an anti-religion from a philosophical standpoint, it rejects all manners of deity and instead insists on the expression of the individual.

That nothing is truly good or evil, and the so-called 'sins' in the sense most people think of them are just a form of self-denial.

But of course me saying the above will lead to the automatic question, 'So murder is ok?'. Bless the ignorance. In short, it can be, for further reference the 'Eleven satanic rules of the Earth' should explain it.

By and by, anyone who mistakes satanism for devil-worship, seriously, pick up a copy of Lavey's Satanic bible (he did write other books, also valid to varying degrees). Dont speak from ignorance.

As the great man himself once said:
'The biggest sin in Satanism is not murder, nor is it kindness, it is stupidity'.

Anton LaVey was found to be nothing more than a money-hungry scumbag who did some unspeakable things.

That said, The Satanic Bible is great reading.

Satan is actually the Aramaic word for "Adversary", nothing more, no mention of firey demons, or sharp horns, just Adversary. So in essense, Satan is the Adversary of god. Not a deity, but a representation or cause. The Church of Satan is therefore The Church of Adversary (to god).

As LaVey said, Devil Worship is nothing more than an inverted version of Christianity.

02-28-2010 01:13 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

people have fought and died for gods that have never been seen. people have willingly laid down their lives in the name of a book that contradicts itself in so many ways.

the bible says in one part "an eye for an eye" but in another part preaches "turn the other cheek"

this is just one example off the top of my head

03-01-2010 12:25 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.

Anton LaVey was found to be nothing more than a money-hungry scumbag who did some unspeakable things.

Found by who exactly?
03-01-2010 14:19 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
people have fought and died for gods that have never been seen. people have willingly laid down their lives in the name of a book that contradicts itself in so many ways.

It contradicts itself because it was meant to - contradiction in culture is the most effective way of keeping you (the masses) confused & them (the powers that be) in control - equally adequate example; newspapers - media tools for maintaining control - constantly contradicting each other & themselves, so that the masses can not formulate a unified thought & argue against the ruling body. (read Gramsci's texts on cultural hegemony)

That is to say - this is not always a constructed effect. It was by some, & probably is by most, but it is also possible that this state of contradictory flux is so ingrained in culture, that is becoming the norm. That is a debatable point! Smile

Anyway, back to the bible - that was most definitely the cultural text of its time & was used to sway the minds of the masses. The "modern" christian bible - the bible that the majority of christian based religious groups all around the world use as their "word of god", was actually a well constructed piece of propaganda created in the height of the renaissance by the British monarchy & state.
The King James Bible, is probably the most famous, most widely spread religious text ever.
And yet, a proportion of it was most likely inaccurately translated, as it was compiled of greek, latin, & hebrew texts - yet translated by english clergy. Who were also acting under the guidance of the king & state to make sure that it was significantly different from the latin (catholic) bible that was used at the time. Why? To take control of the church away from Rome, because it was such a valuable asset (both in monetary value & cultural). If the king was essentially writing & spreading the word of god, then the king was god's emissary on earth & not the pope. Ergo - the king was the man you obeyed.

Ironically, this text which could have been inaccurately translated, is also now translated into other languages... the bible is like the biggest book of chinese whispers! Tongue
Not only is it translated into other languages, but other more modern christian groups have also adapted it to fit their own differing beliefs.

But that is the current state of most religions - since the atomic revolution of science (the final nail in the god is dead debate coffin), religious belief structures have come under more widespread obvious scrutiny, and so have needed to become adaptable, pliant, malleable, so as to keep the attention of their worshipers.

What is the point I was trying to make?

I guess it was, since the beginning of religious need there have been others who have organised, sanitised, legitimised, & manipulated it, so that everyone is following the same structure of rules & beliefs (within their religious community).
Afterall, there is no problem with an individual worshiping an individual deity.... but get 50 people all worshipping 50 different deities, or 1000 people worshiping 1000 different deities.... what do you have? Utter chaos & carnage.

Seriously, just sit & think about the implications of that premise. 1000 people contained in a localised area, all worshiping different deities. The mind boggles on just how much they would all disagree! Big Grin

I guess the eventual point I am driving at is also one of contradiction - because we can't live in a world of chaos & carnage (no matter how tempting it is!) - no matter what your belief structure, (& the structure of science is also one of "belief" (even though scientists hate it when you point that out to them)) - the structure is just as important to us as the belief is. And it is the dictator of that structure that truly manipulates us, not the belief.

As the old saying goes..... well, don't take it from me, I'm not a religious man, take it from a self-confessed religious fundamentalist:
George "Dubbya" Bush (2002)
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — [pause] - shame on you. Fool me — You can't get fooled again." Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-03-2010 00:47 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
SwiftDeathIsComing
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-621.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009
Clan: The Source

aethist - all the way there is no god

To Knightroad-
after death what do you believe i say there is nothing it will be exactly like it was before you were born doesn't anyone agree with that? there will be nothing there is nothing and we are just very evolved organisms Tongue with brains so we suddenly think we've been created by some greater power Wink

i'm very optimistic eh?

*cough* Mr Snowman *cough* :L

Epic clan member of the week:
Kralen

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SwiftDeathIsComing: 03-03-2010 01:57.

03-03-2010 01:44 SwiftDeathIsComing is offline Search for Posts by SwiftDeathIsComing Add SwiftDeathIsComing to your Buddy List
Sanguinarius

images/avatars/avatar-606.jpg

Registration Date: 10-19-2009
Clan: V13 BC

ther is no god how can ther be if ther is its an ungrateful git heartless mug monger
and who says it a he he could be a she or it could be a hermaphrodite
take ur pick if u want to belive in something belive in the fact that ur here ur alive so just live and worry about what happens when u die when ur dead why waste ur time on something i think is so trivel in dis era that wher in
all il say about it is the religon its killed millions of people and by the time i die it will kill millions more

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sanguinarius: 03-11-2010 17:32.

03-11-2010 17:28 Sanguinarius is offline Search for Posts by Sanguinarius Add Sanguinarius to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » What are you religious views?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH