Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Annoyance » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Annoyance
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bobalob57
one thing i think might help is when you ambush somebody you get a base amount of blood no matter what, as when you bit into their neck you would not just suck out experiance but blood as well, unless someones about to tell me that vampires have experiance, not blood courcing through their veins Tongue

Ambushing and gaining no blood is damn common, this is from today

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=32a6a38633

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 03-31-2008 13:18.

03-31-2008 13:18 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i no i meant that even if they have some blood, the game should be should be that you stiill get a small amount of blood, which would help at least a little bit, even if the amount of blood was only 100l or somthing
03-31-2008 13:24 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Apologies misread your post.

03-31-2008 13:28 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Were all getting farmed now, but im not going to give off because I know I'm going to have to do the same in a month or so as blood's running dry

Yup. I get attacked by higher levels purely for blood (I'm 48 points); it is annoying as hell. But I can't complain because I attack lower levels for the same reason already - see mine & others trail of annoyance in the "Where has all the blood gone thread" in Game System.

There may be valid reasons why the blood is slowly moving through the system at the moment; but no-one seems willing to do anything about it (hence why Gendibal et al get very angry with the BW Team). A really simple answer, as I (& probably others) have suggested is to raise the output from blood producing buildings.... pleeeeese! Frown

For my own part, I'm not that interested in the rankings. I don't care if I'm ranked 1000 or 1. I'm more interested in getting my badges & completing all the tasks etc. I know some people need this as part of their game - they want to be number 1 & win. But you gotta remember this is also a role playing game; so winning is not something that will come quickly or easily. And also as a part of the "role play" aspect of the game... we're vampires living in a pretty messed up world; we're struggling to survive; we're feeding off each other, etc.... or am I just getting carried away with my own imagination?? Big Grin

So if people "farm" me to get on with the game, then fair enough, there's not much I can do about it (gulp - waits for imminent attacks). That said - I hate being attacked twice in the same day - thats just rude & lazy! Please don't do it - there are plenty of players you can attack over the course of a 24hr period.

However, I would also add; I really don't have that much blood, so unless you catch me on a good day.... Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-31-2008 13:30 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

One thing I must say though, this server has had it very easy as far as resources are concerned.

Fair enough, we had the Lgo problem when junk was introduced but that seems to have balancd itself out over time.

In every other MMORPG (I wont mention names) resources play a huge part in the game and you have to constantly fight to afford items, buildings, etc.

We've got off quite lightly and in my opinion the struggle for blood makes the game more interesting.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 04-01-2008 09:30.

03-31-2008 13:33 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

its a case of give and take Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what i see here is a case of people taking all the resources by ambushing everyone lower than them and no1 giving a damn
but yeh as you sed artoir its makes it a bit more interesting to an extent
nemore so and itll be ridiculous
03-31-2008 15:44 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Unfortunately guys, the devs will say that is the way the game has been set up and that everything is running correctly ..... regardless of what the players know and say to the contrary.

03-31-2008 16:12 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

With more players it could work. This was discussed before as well.

03-31-2008 16:17 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Yup, just a shame the devs aren't willing to put the minor amount of work into underworld that would attract those players instead of pushing them away.

03-31-2008 16:46 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
GodLike

Registration Date: 03-10-2008
Clan: L.O.D

yea i know theres a lack of blood going on but shouldnt there be an improvement on slaughterhouses and surgerys and maybe hospitals shouldnt they give you more xxx blood per hour that might solve the problem because if it wont there will be a big lack of blood going on and atoir the reason your prob saying that there should be a struggle is because youve prob got alot of blood but if your saying the situation should stay as it is your wrong what about people going into sieges expedions ECT with only 1 hit point whats going to happen then they will get fed up of the game and stop playing it ...

there should be a solution to blood why dont we improve the slaughter houses e.g. slaughter house level 8 only gives 55 blood per hour why dont we make it 110 per hour surly that will solve some thing

L.O.D
03-31-2008 22:06 GodLike is offline Search for Posts by GodLike Add GodLike to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for GodLike
Gendibal
Viking

Improving the production of the blood producing buildings would be a 'sticking plaster' solution at best. The problem isn't the lack of blood ..... that is just a symptom, the same way the shortage of Lgo was when junk was introduced.

The underlying problem is the ingame economy ...... things have been introduced quite soon after one another that have pushed certain resources into decline (Junk, Old Market) and this is what needs to be solved. Increase production on the buildings and the same thing will happen time and time again, blood will dry up, production will increase ..... and before you know it you have resources that are so plentiful that they may as well not be there (basically the same problem, but the other way round)

03-31-2008 22:32 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Improving the production of the blood producing buildings would be a 'sticking plaster' solution at best

I'm not sure I totally agree with you. I think I understand what you are trying to say - if the Devs just made the buildings flood resources, as Godlike implies -
quote:
slaughter house level 8 only gives 55 blood per hour why dont we make it 110 per hour
- would not cure the problem.

As you have said yourself previously, the game needs to be in balance. What I was suggesting, and I know it is not a cure all, but it would help alleviate problems and help more players develop to higher levels, is that the buildings production capabilities are increased in equal gradients with their level:-
i.e. Instead of the slaughter house just giving you +5 l/h every time you upgrade it; make it so that after every 5 levels that goes another +5; so level 10 gives you +10, level 15, +15, etc, etc. That way it increases the ability for blood flow for all levels.

If this was done sensibly for all the essential buildings productions (people, money) it might also encourage people to develop the squares they are in, instead of constantly sieging people for a better one; thus actually allowing for some more longevity (possibly even the kind that Devs originally expected?) in each zone, and the game play.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-31-2008 23:07 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

quote:
Originally posted by bobalob57
one thing i think might help is when you ambush somebody you get a base amount of blood no matter what, as when you bit into their neck you would not just suck out experiance but blood as well, unless someones about to tell me that vampires have experiance, not blood courcing through their veins Tongue

I have candy Big Grin

Everyone needs to work on their buildings more for a better baseline income. If anything is a problem, it's that too many people have 'Clanned' their way into squares and have done little to nothing when it comes to building up their own squares.

Keep equipment you need for buildings, and use the clan armouries for more then just luck and bloodpoint boosting, and more blood should start coming in.

More seiging for loot too! If you weren't coveting honour points so much you could get off your arse and get some resources together.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-31-2008 23:08 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
quote:
Improving the production of the blood producing buildings would be a 'sticking plaster' solution at best

I'm not sure I totally agree with you. I think I understand what you are trying to say - if the Devs just made the buildings flood resources, as Godlike implies -
quote:
slaughter house level 8 only gives 55 blood per hour why dont we make it 110 per hour
- would not cure the problem.

As you have said yourself previously, the game needs to be in balance. What I was suggesting, and I know it is not a cure all, but it would help alleviate problems and help more players develop to higher levels, is that the buildings production capabilities are increased in equal gradients with their level:-
i.e. Instead of the slaughter house just giving you +5 l/h every time you upgrade it; make it so that after every 5 levels that goes another +5; so level 10 gives you +10, level 15, +15, etc, etc. That way it increases the ability for blood flow for all levels.

If this was done sensibly for all the essential buildings productions (people, money) it might also encourage people to develop the squares they are in, instead of constantly sieging people for a better one; thus actually allowing for some more longevity (possibly even the kind that Devs originally expected?) in each zone, and the game play.

Possibly it was the way I said it in my previous post, but what I meant was that simply increasing the output of the buildings as they stood would bring on the 'sticking plaster' solution. What you have suggested there, however, is a solution which would work directly on the game economy rather than just using the 'print more money' approach.

What you need to do is work through the 'ins and outs' of that idea and post it as a full suggestion in 'Game System'

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 03-31-2008 23:28.

03-31-2008 23:26 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Point noted - will put my brain to work on it in the morning when sleep is not making it lazy. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-31-2008 23:31 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Death_Reborn

images/avatars/avatar-175.gif

Registration Date: 03-30-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

Having read all of these threads (and, unfortunately, being mentioned in one of them!) I can assure you that attacking people out of the top 50 is not out of cowardice but out of necessity at the moment.

I have "spoken" to several lower ranked players that have pm'd me about attacks and I have stopped these attacks but as this is common plave at the moment

HIT POINTS 611 / 611
BLOOD POINTS 0 / 239

the game is leaving me very little choice other than to hit people I usually wouldn't target just to give me a chance against the other players.

You've got to remember that (a) it isn't personal (so snotty pm's really aren;t necessary) and (b) it's a game

Death_Reborn in Underworld

The_Unwanted in Necro
03-31-2008 23:31 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
theheraldofogc
Viking

I just wonder how many players have a collection of strength improving items just to boost their Slaughterhouses.

I would expect so, given they have a Strength pilgrimage to worry about, but if people aren't bothering to develop then of course there's going to be a defecit.

Think of this city as a real city, where suddenly everyone decided they weren't going to work. Just steal off others. Eventually everything will run out, since the handful of people who bother to keep working are picked clean.

03-31-2008 23:35 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Death_Reborn

My slaughterhouse is 17 and my surgery is 4, which gives me 132 litres per hour and I very rarely have any blood these days - only takes one attack and it's gone

The_Unwanted in Necro
03-31-2008 23:37 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
Death_Reborn

To prove a point, as my "friends" at COI think I have Natwest Blood Bank stamped on my forehead, it's not just the lower ranked players that are farmed - I get attacked twice a day by most of COI in the in the top 30

HIT POINTS 180 / 611
BLOOD POINTS 0 / 239

This is now pretty much how it looks all the time, so I have no option but to search the lower ranks for a donor!

This is a copy of the message from the other thread running, in case any one misses it Big Grin

The_Unwanted in Necro
03-31-2008 23:45 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
theheraldofogc
Viking

I scrape by. I have a couple of people I 'hit' (who I won't mention since it'll not only make competition, they may not have complained to their clan mates yet) and questing one by one instead of caravanning may take more time but it gives me enough of a blood boost to pick myself up off the floor on a bad day.

03-31-2008 23:48 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GodLike
atoir the reason your prob saying that there should be a struggle is because youve prob got alot of blood but if your saying the situation should stay as it is your wrong what about people going into sieges expedions ECT with only 1 hit point whats going to happen then they will get fed up of the game and stop playing it ...

there should be a solution to blood why dont we improve the slaughter houses e.g. slaughter house level 8 only gives 55 blood per hour why dont we make it 110 per hour surly that will solve some thing

First of all, it's Artoir

Secondly, no I do not have alot of blood, I usually have to start questing as soon as I log on so I can even start to think about ambushing.

And third, Pumping twice as much blood into the game may work in the short term, but may throw things off balance further down the line.

Now this one's a shot in the dark, but hear me out.

I think we can all agree the blood problem gets progressively worse as you go further up the ranks (perhaps not in all cases, but this seems to be the general consensus).

Higher ranked players are having to "farm" weaker players so they can regenerate their HP.

But this means less PoP from ambush, therefore slowing down overall progress.

As you go further down the ranks, the situation isn't as bad, with fewer ambushes being spent trying to find blood, i.e; The lower ranked players progress at a faster rate than those much stronger than them.

Perhaps this COULD, with stress on the word "could", start rebalancing the rankings over the long term.

04-01-2008 09:41 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

sounds about rite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

could take sum time but i can see it working in the long run
and it doesnt require ne1s choice really its going to happen
04-01-2008 16:12 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

Thread Starter Thread Started by liamb1992

one up for the little guys Wink

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=16db9d1941
04-01-2008 18:19 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Aidensixx
Lord

nice Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

one for us and then its back to them again
theyll always be gettin upper hand on us
sumthing needs to be done but well get nower as we aint gonna get listened to

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 04-02-2008 09:55.

04-01-2008 20:45 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=cc605f9328

Are we so different? Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

04-01-2008 21:28 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Aidensixx
Lord

its happening across the board Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quite literally is a sense
maybe if this thread gets like a million posts of complaint then sumthing might be be done
once again with a huge emphasis on might

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 04-02-2008 09:51.

04-02-2008 09:33 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Hmm I dont think so Aiden. There was a recent post on systematic square taking by higher clans with plenty of example and I'm not even sure if anyone of importance even replied.

Also, if you post a link to a message, it mightn't be a bad idea to save it Wink

04-02-2008 09:46 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

brilliant Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

always nice to know were listened to in this forum
oh well we can always keep trying rite
and yeh good idea i keep forgetting tht thanks for reminding me lol
ill get rid of those dead links now

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 04-02-2008 09:51.

04-02-2008 09:50 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

I just dont think with all the issus being raised recently, the Dev's arent going to pick this to work on (if any)

04-02-2008 09:51 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Aidensixx
Lord

good point Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there is alot of complaints going round atm
by the time they get to this one if they do then itll either have sorted itself out as you suggested recently or itll have gotten to a point where itll be impossible to do nething to try fix it

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Aidensixx: 04-11-2008 10:29.

04-02-2008 09:54 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

now seriously this is getting to be ridiculous

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=14c4cba804

Surely the high levels can see i have no flippin resources so why ambush me anyway??? Just for a laugh? just to make me suffer? Just to make me seem *nooby* compared to them? whats the flippin point?!?

Edit

HIT POINTS 3 / 459

BLOOD POINTS 0 / 195

Blood 0 L

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by liamb1992: 04-02-2008 20:10.

04-02-2008 20:09 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
theheraldofogc
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by liamb1992
now seriously this is getting to be ridiculous

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=14c4cba804

Surely the high levels can see i have no flippin resources so why ambush me anyway??? Just for a laugh? just to make me suffer? Just to make me seem *nooby* compared to them? whats the flippin point?!?

Edit

HIT POINTS 3 / 459

BLOOD POINTS 0 / 195

Blood 0 L

*firetouch goes on theheralds list of tasty gunners*

Thank you! Just need a little more more rep and some tuned up tatts Wink

04-02-2008 20:32 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

teehee Big Grin payback eh? Wink
04-02-2008 20:43 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
theheraldofogc
Viking

I'm a Monk, and when your tattoos are so fiercly anti-gunner then you know where to go for experience Tongue

I need to get my damage up though. Look at the thread I just posted in Battlefeild

Eyes bigger then my stomach

04-02-2008 20:59 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

i saw that Big Grin you need some better weapons, but you could seriously do it Wink
04-02-2008 21:05 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
theheraldofogc
Viking

Once I level up I'll be able to equip a Reinforcing Thunderfist of Hitting instead of the knife (thanks Diablo!), and I could do with xxx of Suicide instead of the knuckleduster but Mystic of Vengence is an alright boost to damage.

Still, must try harder Tongue

04-02-2008 21:08 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Clan: A.S

well there is a way to improve situation with blood it can take a while but ultimately in a long shot would solve the problem.

More active players.

More players means more blood they got and more they got, more they can give away Cool

It's obvious that when our blood is runing low we automatcly seeking low lvl player who probably can attack even lower player who can have a lots of blood that is out of reach for players from top 50.

I'm not defending dev team but consider how many inactive players are on this server, they create account build few buildings do few quests and abandon the game. There are thousands of them. Personaly i got few friends that started playing a week or two ago and they got over 200k of blood.

I'm not saying we should put bilboards on streets advertising BW but the actual economical problems in this server lies in minority of active players.
My estimate is about 2k of players are moderatly active from the total ammount of almost 19k accounts.
Within top 300 is very hard to keep blood with you i know i'm keeping the minimum ammount 4k per day just enought to function with max arcana on sieges and expeditions, nothing else.

In case of economy (not saying this will solve all the server problems) more active players will in time ease the lives of mid lvls who are bullied by top players for every single drop of blood they can use.
This aswell will boost the auctioning automaticly. More various items not only Shorts+5....
Just correct me if i'm wrong in this matter.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kleks: 04-10-2008 23:39.

04-10-2008 23:37 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Annoyance

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH