Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » World Cup » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page World Cup 9 Votes - Average Rating: 8.009 Votes - Average Rating: 8.009 Votes - Average Rating: 8.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
deadpool923

Registration Date: 09-27-2008
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by HamsterGod
Funny enough I guessed the Italy game :-)

With Slovakia well from my point of view any point after getting to your first WC is great
look at Greece second world cup and they actually scored.

This week Im looking to see USA confirm their way past the group phase , as well as Slovenia, hopefully one African team makes it (personal favorite is Cote'd ivore)

Dunno if Cote'd Ivore will be making it after tonights performance fella!
06-20-2010 21:19 deadpool923 is offline Search for Posts by deadpool923 Add deadpool923 to your Buddy List
Faquarl

Registration Date: 11-03-2009
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

none of the african teams look like they are capable of qualifying from the group stages atm

06-21-2010 10:10 Faquarl is offline Search for Posts by Faquarl Add Faquarl to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

I cart wait to watch england lose on wednesday even tho i dont want them to lose but

if they win and usa draw or lose - i go home and put all the england stuff up
if they lose and don't qualify then i get hammered to drown my sorrows lol

06-21-2010 14:40 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Murderous
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-451.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by 4thtimelucky
I cart wait to watch england lose on wednesday even tho i dont want them to lose but

if they win and usa draw or lose - i go home and put all the england stuff up
if they lose and don't qualify then i get hammered to drown my sorrows lol

England do this every time, well lose or draw untill we have to win the last game of the round and we will win get through to the next round just to get destroyed and be out... again lol

Like your style, to me either way its a lash up down the pub with my mates all in the name of fun(sorrow) and sport(losing)

ENGLAND/Source TILL I DIE!

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Murderous: 06-21-2010 15:07.

06-21-2010 15:04 Murderous is offline Search for Posts by Murderous Add Murderous to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Murderous
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by NouveauNosferatu

France embarrassed right to the end, good on SA, glad to see them get a win.

Horrible to see Domenech refusing to shake hands with the SA coach, but sums up the team in one gesture.
06-22-2010 19:16 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
censoredcensored

Registration Date: 03-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu

Horrible to see Domenech refusing to shake hands with the SA coach, but sums up the team in one gesture.

didn´t see the end of the game. the red card of course wasn´t one, but wouldn´t have made much difference to the groups result if it was yellow instead, and please tell me he didn´t do that? every time you think it can´t get any lower they´ll do the next even more stupid thing. just sad to see the irish having to stay home while those wheelbarrows ridicule themselves in front of EVERYONE instead.

language Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by censoredcensored: 06-22-2010 23:36.

06-22-2010 23:34 censoredcensored is offline Search for Posts by censoredcensored Add censoredcensored to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by censoredcensored
quote:

didn´t see the end of the game. the red card of course wasn´t one, but wouldn´t have made much difference to the groups result if it was yellow instead, and please tell me he didn´t do that? every time you think it can´t get any lower they´ll do the next even more stupid thing. just sad to see the irish having to stay home while those twats ridicule themselves in front of EVERYONE instead.

Sadly he did.

Apparently because Parreira had said last year that France hadn't deserved to qualify, ie.Said what the rest of the world thought.

EDIT: As for the red card, i think it was one. He led into an aerial challenge with his elbow, if he makes contact he knows a red card has to be the result. He knocked the SA player out cold.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 06-23-2010 09:45.

06-23-2010 09:43 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

well well well. Come on England!

And on that bombshell... Looks like to win the world cup all we have to do is defeat Germany, Argentina, Portugal and Brazil...

It could happen xD

06-23-2010 19:52 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

in our dreams.

ENGLAND TO WIN THE WORLD CUP

06-23-2010 20:13 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
deadpool923

looking like we've got "ze germans" in the next game.. to quote jason statham from snatch Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by deadpool923: 06-23-2010 20:58.

06-23-2010 20:58 deadpool923 is offline Search for Posts by deadpool923 Add deadpool923 to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Ze germans will be going down Tongue

06-23-2010 21:20 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by 4thtimelucky
Ze germans will be going down Tongue

Ze Germans might prove to be sterner stuff than Ze Slovenians, let's not get too carried away.

One win against a nation ranked 20 places below England and suddenly 'football's coming home' again.

A local radio presenter here summed it up perfectly:
'I won't be supporting England because they're intolerable when they win, and intolerable when they lose'
06-23-2010 21:30 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

you never know they might pick there game up Wink

06-23-2010 21:36 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

I doubt Germany will even give them a chance, i smell some serious destruction coming up, with England the victims.

The fact that they scraped out of what was possibly the easiest group to qualify from isn't something a World Cup contender should really be celebrating.

But alas, therein lies the answer, they aren't serious contenders Wink

Germany on the other hand...
06-23-2010 21:40 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Lol cart say much to that but england to win lol

06-23-2010 21:42 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Hehehehe, looks like Slovakia are going through after all Roh Big Grin

There'll be a few happy bunnies on BW if this score stays the same.

EDIT: now 2-1

Instead of booking the keeper, he should've been booking the Italian, he hit the keeper first.

EDIT 2:
Bloody interesting game, disallowed second Italian goal, and now a third for Slovakia.

COME ON THE SLOVAKIA!!!

Not liking the Italians resorting to play-acting, leaving their foot in tackles, stud-raking and general nasty tactics

EDIT 3:
Ok, this is officially nuts. Stunning strike from the Italians, 3-2 now. Let's hope they dont get another.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 06-24-2010 16:50.

06-24-2010 16:32 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

great job slovakia Tongue

06-24-2010 16:57 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
great job slovakia Tongue

Better than North Korea anyway, eh Ces? Wink
06-24-2010 17:08 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Clan: D.B.

Click here if you are Italy fan Tongue

and I hope Chile won against Spain tomorrow ^^

+ I still believe in Ivory Coast Frown

06-24-2010 17:12 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
rohlikus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-22-2008
Clan: HLL

yeees!! what a great performance this time...couldnt believe that we played that good Smile Smile thx to our national team for nice game Smile Smile come on Slovakia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?D
06-24-2010 17:36 rohlikus is offline Search for Posts by rohlikus Add rohlikus to your Buddy List Add rohlikus to your Contact List
HamsterGod
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-633.jpg

Registration Date: 12-30-2008
Clan: HLL

quote:

With Slovakia well from my point of view any point after getting to your first WC is great

This week Im looking to see USA confirm their way past the group phase , as well as Slovenia, hopefully one African team makes it (personal favorite is Cote'd ivore)

Just to recap.
Well both USA and Slovakia made it and my futile dream of the final is still around (honestly before this championship , I'd only dream of a hockey final like this but now, well lets see.)

Unfortunately Slovenia didnt make it but my WC champion tip , Germany is still in, match against England might be one of the best on the championstip.

And from african teams at least one made it (theyll get kicked by USA but still a success)

I still hope for Ivory Coast but thats just a hope.

Anyway my two main teams made it and I'm happy.

06-24-2010 19:37 HamsterGod is offline Search for Posts by HamsterGod Add HamsterGod to your Buddy List
deadpool923

quote:
quote:

Just to recap.
Well both USA and Slovakia made it and my futile dream of the final is still around (honestly before this championship , I'd only dream of a hockey final like this but now, well lets see.)

Unfortunately Slovenia didnt make it but my WC champion tip , Germany is still in, match against England might be one of the best on the championstip.

And from african teams at least one made it (theyll get kicked by USA but still a success)

I still hope for Ivory Coast but thats just a hope.

Anyway my two main teams made it and I'm happy.

Being honest fella, i dunno if ghana will get done by the USA, they looked pretty good against germany and Ivory Coast still have a chance of making it (a very loooooooooooooooong shot at that!)
06-24-2010 23:28 deadpool923 is offline Search for Posts by deadpool923 Add deadpool923 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

i cannot believe that nobody mentioned a certain american player telling everyone that he was going to eliminate rooney one way or another!!! he is officially the most fouled player of the tournament so far, and he is still holdig his temper!!

he is getting close to scoring. england are creating a fair amount of chances but lacking the finishing ability at the moment.

lets see how we do vs germany

06-25-2010 00:35 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
i cannot believe that nobody mentioned a certain american player telling everyone that he was going to eliminate rooney one way or another!!! he is officially the most fouled player of the tournament so far, and he is still holdig his temper!!

he is getting close to scoring. england are creating a fair amount of chances but lacking the finishing ability at the moment.

Certain American Player?

06-25-2010 00:54 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

For the England fans:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10420131.stm

Even aquatic life knows you don't stand a chance against the Germans Wink

EDIT:
Just thinking about it, has Cthulhu's tentacles of doom made any such predictions?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 06-26-2010 19:17.

06-26-2010 18:40 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

today England back to home Tongue

06-27-2010 10:54 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
today England back to home Tongue

Yep Germany will beat us easily .
And We will lose the tennis too our sportsmen like to win a few to get our hopes up then dash them by crashing out .

06-27-2010 11:48 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

France left early. USA late. England left to fight Germany. Dejá vu?

Lets hope the young Germans are as inexperienced as English pundits hope for.

OUT-F***ING-RAGEOUS!!!! that was a CLEAR goal!!!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by OTNC: 06-27-2010 15:44.

06-27-2010 11:56 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

Germany go to final with Slovakia Tongue

06-27-2010 16:52 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
pricey

images/avatars/avatar-728.jpg

Registration Date: 01-15-2010
Clan: wolfie

what a very bad game england had, and that was a goal without a doubt yards in the net oh well always 2014 i guess to loose again lol

regards.
06-27-2010 17:14 pricey is offline Homepage of pricey Search for Posts by pricey Add pricey to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
For the England fans:

EDIT:
Just thinking about it, has Cthulhu's tentacles of doom made any such predictions?

ROFLMAO - that is the funniest news story I've seen for a while. Tongue

"Paul the octopus" - what a rubbish name! LOL Big Grin

Anyway, as Cthulhu the cephalopodic God of Chaos predicted in my previous post.... "You can get as excited as you like, but I predict now that either germany, or more probably argentia, will knock them out in the quarter finals."

England just are not good enough to even get to the finals, let alone win the cup. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 06-27-2010 17:58.

06-27-2010 17:56 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
pricey

images/avatars/avatar-728.jpg

Registration Date: 01-15-2010
Clan: wolfie

quote:
For the England fans:

EDIT:

hi m8.

that is my funniest video ive sene in a while also its great lol.thanx for sharing this vid m8 Smile

regards.
06-27-2010 18:28 pricey is offline Homepage of pricey Search for Posts by pricey Add pricey to your Buddy List
blingbling

Registration Date: 07-29-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

Does someone know the result of this afternoons game? :/

lololololololololololololol

Revenge for Wembley 66´ ! :p
06-27-2010 21:59 blingbling is offline Search for Posts by blingbling Add blingbling to your Buddy List Add blingbling to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for blingbling
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by blingbling
Does someone know the result of this afternoons game? :/

Yeah man, Argentina won, how did you not hear about it? Tongue

By and by, to all the angry English fans. YES it was a goal, but no it doesn't matter.

Scapegoat all you want, blame the referee, blame the linesman, blame Sepp Blatter, fact is, TERRIBLE performance today, terrible the whole way through, lucky to even make it to the last 16.

Of course, 'The Sun' headline tomorrow will be 'Ve Vas Robbed' or something else highly intelligent.

My predictions are coming close. England out in last 16, Ghana for semi-final, and Argentina to win it.

I kinda wished i'd put a £10 bet on that now..... the odds might have been handsome
06-27-2010 23:49 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
censoredcensored

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8

if that was the main question in this topic that thread can be closed now.

tbh i for a change feel your englishman´s pain, as that goal of course might have pushed the game into a different direction (perhaps even the penalty shootout england trained so hard for...), but hey... per mertesacker summed it up pretty well when he was asked about that "goal" Smile --->

"well, when you score a 'goal' like the one in 1966 and get through with it you should be prepared to meet twice. hello again." Smile i had another beer to celebrate that one!

i would have loved it if arne friedrich would have picked up the ball in minute 90 with his hands in the penalty area and handed it over to england.

great game. guenther netzer just said: these are the things you remember when you watch football games, and i think he´s right. both sides have something to rub on again now, which is better than a stupid 1:0 or penalty shootout (which we would have won of course -.-) you´ll have wiped from your brain in a week.

also i will get myself a copy of tomorrows sun, frame the first page and hang it up over my bed. only god knows what i will do in front of it whenever i´m home alone from now on :>

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by censoredcensored: 06-28-2010 00:23.

06-28-2010 00:02 censoredcensored is offline Search for Posts by censoredcensored Add censoredcensored to your Buddy List
Orem
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-699.jpg

Registration Date: 04-18-2010

Germany won't beat Argentina
Epic final, Argentina x Brazil
EDIT: and Tevez, what an epic goal ;P

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Orem: 06-28-2010 02:04.

06-28-2010 02:03 Orem is offline Search for Posts by Orem Add Orem to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Orem
blingbling

Registration Date: 07-29-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

http://i.imgur.com/Yd4xq.png

xD
06-28-2010 11:55 blingbling is offline Search for Posts by blingbling Add blingbling to your Buddy List Add blingbling to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for blingbling
censoredcensored

quote:
Originally posted by Orem
Germany won't beat Argentina
Epic final, Argentina x Brazil
EDIT: and Tevez, what an epic goal ;P

we're okay with having sent home the english folks, that´s enough. everything afterwards will be a bonus Tongue perhaps koepke hands neuer a nice piece of paper when it comes to penalties AGAIN, i´d love it!
06-28-2010 23:51 censoredcensored is offline Search for Posts by censoredcensored Add censoredcensored to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Bugger Frown

Width of the crossbar beat Ghana in the end. Such a shame the Uruguayan chose to handle the ball on the line with the last kick of the game.

Ah well, least i didnt put a bet on Ghana getting to the semis.
07-02-2010 22:16 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

WTF? How Ghana can lose it?
But still Africa can win WC tomorrow Germany beat Argentina Tongue

07-02-2010 22:42 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » World Cup

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH