Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expedition Mobs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Expedition Mobs 5 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.205 Votes - Average Rating: 9.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that really is sick alright :/ Diablo, all I can say is I'd be happy to give you a hand with a Phoenix or two in Source any time you like Smile

04-02-2008 17:15 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gendibal
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Obviously 5 special attacks in 2 rounds is just your 'bad luck' manifesting itself D, I mean, it couldn't possibly be that the (small) Phoenix was overpowered ..... I mean, the devs and admins say that everything is as it should be.

Now lets look at it the way it should be ........ FIVE special attacks in TWO rounds?????? And you STILL refuse to see the problem????????

I think it is high time that the facts and figures were forthcoming the other way ...... WE have told YOU why the mobs are NOT working properly ........ Now I challenge YOU to come forward and tell us how they ARE working correctly for Underworld (taking into consideration the facts and figures you have been given by us)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gendibal: 04-02-2008 17:59.

04-02-2008 17:58 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Le'ts go back to the facts. The expedition monsters were empowered because on polish servers players were killing them too easily and there has always been situations like 0 white dragons in the white tower.

But of course in the Underworld this has no sense. Now even the most powerful players have problems with beating the phoenix in DE. What about the other 14 locations? The day is almost over and there are 22/22 phoenixes, 25/26 black dragons and 37/40 white dragons. I think something must be done with their special attacks... like decreasing the chance of getting them...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

04-02-2008 19:07 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Eoin
Yeah, that really is sick alright :/ Diablo, all I can say is I'd be happy to give you a hand with a Phoenix or two in Source any time you like Smile
I appreciaate, thanks, but with Mortis and Kobruk we stand a chance (usually) and we can take a lower level player as well. On friday the Phoenix(assuming we really find a Phoenix) will again taste the blade of my Biting Scythe Smile

Ehm, did I mention that jut Zrkers, Assassins and Snipers stand a real chance in expos? (ok, BK too)

04-02-2008 22:23 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

BK's in expos, ok ...... quick note to all of you BKs out there, The Red Dragon is a close run thing with a BK on the team.

04-02-2008 22:33 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Eoin
I appreciaate, thanks, but with Mortis and Kobruk we stand a chance (usually) and we can take a lower level player as well. On friday the Phoenix(assuming we really find a Phoenix) will again taste the blade of my Biting Scythe Smile

Ehm, did I mention that jut Zrkers, Assassins and Snipers stand a real chance in expos? (ok, BK too)

Give me a few months to develop my Inspired Warrior tattoo and you can add Monk to that list Tongue

Combat ready tattoos DEFINATLY get the business done on an expo though (mines all defence except for a big Level 4 and Level 5).

I would, and have elsewhere, argue that Assassin is the best Expeditioneer. Good with melee and two handed guns they can overclock against any kind of mob.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-03-2008 01:44 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

im an assassin and the only ever expo monster thing iv ever hit and dealt decent damage to was a phoenix... i was surprised as i only have 99 agility Atm... (guns are bad ) im a 1h mellee'er... as far as im concerned dragons are over powered (no comment on things above phoenix as i have never beat them up) they hit entirely too often with their specials... i was in an expo (deleted the message sorry) a while ago where all 3 of us were nailed in one round.....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-03-2008 02:41 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Vlade

Registration Date: 08-16-2007

In my opinion monsters are ok.

Gold dragon - 3 persons:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=bddc16859c

Hydra - 3 persons:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=fef0a39ee9

I don't have a report from Phoenix but It has died in 2 round! Smile
(3 persons)
04-03-2008 08:03 Vlade is offline Search for Posts by Vlade Add Vlade to your Buddy List
Gendibal
Viking

Ah yes, but look at which 3 persons ..... or should everyone be looking at being top 10 before standing a reasonable chance at defeating mobs?

Most people below top 10 are having problems with Phoenix and above, so maybe from your point of view they're ok (a rather selfish way of viewiing it, as you're looking at a party consisting of 3 powerful top 10 players) ..... but looking at it from a general view, no they're not.

04-03-2008 08:30 Gendibal is offline Search for Posts by Gendibal Add Gendibal to your Buddy List
diablo

Fianlly an easy phoenix
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=99ec35d290

There you go Vlade ->
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a58ff35652

Of course you 3 are enough for Hydra or Gold Dragon, but you are the best damage dealers on this server.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, I'll have another attempt.

04-03-2008 13:10 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

I have been thinking and this came to my mind.

How do you plan to make a ranged weapon weak expedition monster?
Because high defense means 2 handed guns, low perception means guns, low agility means melee weapons. Both high agility and perception means hard for anyone and even harder for ranged since you need to match the sum and not only one stat.

Please give us a hint about your method because it really seems hard to make a beast specifically ranged weapon weak (apart from giving special bonus to ranged weapons against 'xxx' monster)
04-05-2008 13:19 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Congrats to Kobruk on his award. I take it you had no luck Diablo? I've finally started trying to get the Red Drake Badge. Not much luck so far though...either too big or too firey!! Wink

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=21929008dc

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=57369a35a1

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=634adc4656

04-05-2008 15:21 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

vlade u say its easy but if u take u out then i dont really think the others would last even with another top 10 player you did over half the dam against these monsters

and Mlarinon the point is expos are like the pinicle of the game and well over half the players have to change they weapon set to compensate for the challenges ahead i know i have had to do that

04-05-2008 16:45 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
diablo

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=1e8929fdb3

Finally I have the badge! Fear my guns red dragon, I'm coming.

04-05-2008 18:33 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

congrats to you and good luck vs red dragons, keep us posted Wink

Necro knows me as Gjallar
04-05-2008 18:46 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Congrats Diablo, that's great news. Long overdue Smile

04-05-2008 22:24 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

there may be a problem with the high level monsters, but would you prefer if they were so easy to kill anyone could do it? as you go up the monsters are harder because they are MEANT to be that way. if the stayed the same difficulty all the way up people would be on here complaining 'the monsters are too easy'.

There are 2 sides to this argument, of course there are (otherwise it wouldnt be an argument).

On a lighter note am really pleased with the latest expo, i got my badge Big Grin

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2ee927b925
04-07-2008 14:15 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Death_Reborn

images/avatars/avatar-175.gif

Registration Date: 03-30-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

I tried to take a White Dragon today - and was killed in round 2! I know I was on my own but it did two attacks per round and finished me off.

It was only a small one - 1300 points and I did 414 points of damage - 2 critical shots with my sniper rifle - what a load of pants!

Death_Reborn in Underworld

The_Unwanted in Necro
04-07-2008 21:29 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
diablo

Use your guns on a white drake, you would kill it in 4-6 rounds Wink

04-07-2008 21:41 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Death_Reborn

images/avatars/avatar-175.gif

Registration Date: 03-30-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

LOL - who do you think I am, you?

What I was trying to say is that I shouldn't have been killed in 2 rounds by a small white dragon that attacked me 4 times!

Death_Reborn in Underworld

The_Unwanted in Necro
04-07-2008 22:20 Death_Reborn is offline Search for Posts by Death_Reborn Add Death_Reborn to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Death_Reborn
diablo

You're a damn good gunman and I'm sure you can do more damage with guns than sniper rifle (I've seen it).
You should have been here:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=b4e84c22f7

Now I have to work on my damage a bit.

04-07-2008 22:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

quote:
Originally posted by liamb1992
there may be a problem with the high level monsters, but would you prefer if they were so easy to kill anyone could do it? as you go up the monsters are harder because they are MEANT to be that way. if the stayed the same difficulty all the way up people would be on here complaining 'the monsters are too easy'.

There are 2 sides to this argument, of course there are (otherwise it wouldnt be an argument).

On a lighter note am really pleased with the latest expo, i got my badge Big Grin

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2ee927b925

Given that there are monsters no one has even seen yet, removing an entry level monster is just keeping newer players off the ladder entirely.

All this "Well Moria players can solo a Golem" whining. So? Got all their badges yet? Are they even getting any worth while experience or are they just farming for stones and items like a 'super quest' while they wait 6 months until they can move on to the next rediculiously overpowered monster?

Have you ever thought that maybe the mobs are balanced wrong if people are getting so powerful they can solo the monster a step down but only because they can't touch the next one along?

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-08-2008 00:31 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
diablo

Guns Rule!
(I'll have to do better than this to be of much use against red drakes)

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2f91b40f89

04-09-2008 22:37 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Seriously, there should be a rule against special attacks. Look at this:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=7e24f878b9

Specials start at round 3! 3!!!! Who is going to stand a chance against a Phoenix when they are outside of top 20? 2 Fireballs and 8 Soundwaves, without mentioning the 2 normal attacks. So 12 attacks in 1 round. Then in the very next round, it does 3 fireballs, before killing the final guy. If bieniu had survived that, the phoenix would have done a MINIMUM of 18 attacks in 2 rounds. Seriously, who is going to stand a chance against that? It could have gone up to 26, or even more. Szeszej, you need to do something about it.

My suggestions:

1. Only 1 special per round, then can do 1 more the next round, so without a recharge time. It can do 2 specials in 1 round, but then it has to wait a round before it can do another 1/2.

OR

2. Lessen the power of certain specials, and make it so that specials are performed after everybody else has had all of their attacks.

What do people think of my ideas?

05-09-2008 16:42 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008

quote:
Originally posted by scillage

My suggestions:

1. Only 1 special per round, then can do 1 more the next round, so without a recharge time. It can do 2 specials in 1 round, but then it has to wait a round before it can do another 1/2.

OR

2. Lessen the power of certain specials, and make it so that specials are performed after everybody else has had all of their attacks.

What do people think of my ideas?

personally they shouldnt get 2 special attacks at least not in same round ever
recharge time for specials sounds good

lessen power of them sounds brilliant
im in full support of both those ideas you put forward
05-09-2008 17:32 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

how about you dont get act two expo monsters unless you have got your badge even if you in act two.

that would probaly help every player in the game. and before you say yes i know you choses to be in act 2.
always someone likes to state obvoius lol
07-10-2009 21:54 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

quote:
Originally posted by darc
how about you dont get act two expo monsters unless you have got your badge even if you in act two.
that would probaly help every player in the game. and before you say yes i know you choses to be in act 2.

This is how i thought it was untill not long ago, but i should have guessed it not to be so. this would make sence and the devs would lose there great reputation for pulling crap out of there anus Tongue

This is slowing the progress of mid level players alot as people need help with expo's and level 50 isnt that high, the second you take on an act 2 your chance of failing is increased so much. instead of ruining the game for new players the devs should have only increased the higher level things that the higher level's farm for exp. goloms, nobels ect. at the moment there stats (even with act 2 increses) barely stop people at there EQ farming them. also i think act 2 should be made higher than level 50, level 65+ would seem better in my opinion...

From what i have ben told there is normally only a few days from server mob rest till there are 0 again in goloms + (maybe lower 1's aswell).

End of the day the higher level you get the harder it SHOULD be to gain points and exp, NOT easier... but it is way to late to change it now. the damage is done... in my opinion ofc Smile

07-10-2009 23:39 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

yeah golds are the same way aswell gone in few days. but the phoenix is out of control. well i think it is something they should consider. and its a small change once you get the badge it becomes act two monster.

plus since once you over mob lvl it gets bigger still so act two ontop makes a big monster and alot of players from my experince are having same probs. we getting owned by monsters that a bigger.

at least if they put that in then we might have a decent chance of killing our blocker its stalling the game quite a bit.
07-10-2009 23:48 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Phoenix has always been out of control... but yet a noble pheonix does less special attacks than a normal pheonix? Confused
Not sure about damage wise, most nobel expo's i have seen make nobels look like sissy's...

Nout anyone can do by typeing a few words thou, all us player's can do is run to the end of our chains and bark.... woof :/
Oh, and pray they dont add another dumb expo patch Smile

What people should do is take action. stop argueing amongst ourselfs and turn our bitching onto szeszej to send to tell his boss Big Grin
What do we want... ????
When do we want it... ????
lol Big Grin

EDIT: dam you darc -.-
Hope you my blood gives you a tummy upset Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 07-11-2009 00:14.

07-11-2009 00:13 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

well i did start a thread about this then got told this one existed so i dug it up in hope everyone will get in on the act and have something done about them phoenixs.

lol

knight you taste good lol
07-11-2009 00:23 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
Originally posted by darc

Well I will state the obvious, you did choose.

The devs didnt want act II to be plain sailing. If everyone in act II had it wonderful, with easy quests and expo mobs, the gap between top players and lower players would be even bigger than it is.

Personally I don't like many ideas that will make the game easier.

07-11-2009 00:26 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

The number of special attacks the Phoenix cna use I think is the main issue. After that it seems people get badges like mad, especially with ACT II.

Personally, although it's a pain, I'd rather leave it. There HAS to be a few milestones

Your imperfection.
07-11-2009 00:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

and how many of the top players had an angry act 2 phoenix? when the majority of the sever is stuck one the same expo and all above lvl50-60 that should say something.
07-11-2009 00:59 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

i personally have had an INSANE turkey that nailed 3 400+ pointers in round 2

on the other hand its not all more difficult monsters

there have been threads about people getting HUGE red dragons and moaning (ie ME)

thing is its all good... sometimes you get mobs you kill in two rounds others that kill you in 2 rounds... the balance is fine

2 round red ACT 2

quote:

Smile

07-11-2009 02:14 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

that was a baby red and really reds are nothing compaired to a phoenix.
07-11-2009 02:40 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

LOL reds are nothing compared to a phoenix... are you insane?

everyone will moan that the mob they are stuck on is overpowered.... reds are the most un predictable mob i have seen to date.... that was the smallest i have seen at 131 agility .... biggest 241
that is 110 agility difference

turkeys just die... there is no point moaning that they have insane specials because when you get higher youl go insane... rom rem stopping you attacking from round 2-5 for its special as it munched on us... overpowered? quite possibly

stop moaning and find one that dosnt turn you inside out in 2 rounds or take a better team.

oh and any mob (ie reds) that can hit for 1k + is worse than a turkey

quote:

Smile

07-11-2009 11:39 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Yamuna

images/avatars/avatar-543.gif

Registration Date: 03-26-2009

i suggest to specify in topic that is about underworld...
at necro mobs in A2 are fine and also easy to kill

07-11-2009 12:23 Yamuna is offline Homepage of Yamuna Search for Posts by Yamuna Add Yamuna to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

it dosnt need specifying as this thread was made

11-02-2008 03:34

thats well over a year ago and we didnt have necro in UK then Smile

quote:

Smile

07-11-2009 12:40 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

heres the maths proves worse than a red and remember it has garanteed hit

if its going to have 2-3 12 hit rounds it doesnt matter what gear you have coz it will always kill you. fireball alone does 180-200+ dam x2 = 360-400 then add soundwave 8 hits 80-100 dam= 640-800 then its two nomal attacks thats a further 120-150 =240-300 all togther gives it 1240-1500 dam per round based on avg. that is quite rediclous for the amount of ppl you can bring with you.

so now tell me a red is worse since i can do over 2k dam to a red and kill a red and hydra and gold and almost got a golum.......
07-11-2009 14:55 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

i found out why i hate reds and you hate turkeys....

as i constantly get told by all of you oh so wise people certain monsters are supposed to be killed in a certain way...

darc spy (take note of tattoo)

turkeys are designed to be stabbed/Bashed

NOT SHOT

they can be shot but its alot harder.... stop moaning about how difficult they are and kill it the way its meant to be killed

ask nate what he had to do to get alot of his badges....

i bitched about my red as i could never hit it and by the time i had nearly killed it it went crazy.

kill it properly and with a decent team it will go down before it even gets a chance to think fireball or soundwave.

quote:

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 07-11-2009 16:06.

07-11-2009 16:05 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expedition Mobs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH