Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Lack of Sieges... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Lack of Sieges... 14 Votes - Average Rating: 2.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 2.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 2.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 2.29
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Serious

Registration Date: 07-17-2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Serious
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance

My square is under as much threat as anyone elses in z3/z2 and i am well aware of the implications. That being said its a perfectly valid tactic and when implimented on other servers they have survived. If you give up without trying then the server will die, but there are other ways to get poh (we can ambush and poh seige one another in the worst case scenario) so no the server wont be crippled, we will be crippled but the server could potentially live on.

Have a look at the distribution of Clan APOCALYPSE_NOW. They hold the top 4 leaderboard places with, Blodsugare, Vlade, Nndungu and CESARZ. They have 6 of the top 10 and 9 of the top 20 players. NO OTHER GUILD CAN GO UP AGAINST THEM.

Brotherhood of Steel (Mortis), HomeLess Lions and Vault 13 combined couldn't face them.

They also have some nifty options if you attack one of theirs.

quote:
And to address the point about the developers they wont care if this server dies, its the smallest server they run, thus its the smallest cash cow they have and probably more of a drain on their resources than anything (its for this reason we dont get new servers as its not worth them implimenting one here as they can get more money for it elsewhere, its for this reason they ignore us and we get patches last).

To be honest I'd already worked that out in my previous threads. Except they should care. The server might not be exceptionally profitable but they should be making some money from it. Assuming 1000 players paying that's more than enough to run the server. Maintenance at the moment is just daily backups and virtually non-existent updates.

I suspect all their servers have haemorrhaged gamers to other games, not just this one. There just simply isn't enough to do and the system is, in parts, ridiculous.

The game is now a niche item, good for a few who have invested a lot of time in their characters or those that can't access other games easily. The problem is this action is smashing the game for those who have invested time and money in it.

quote:
Originally posted by Apollo

You do realise this is just an internet game right?

07-29-2010 10:36 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Serious
quote:

My square is under as much threat as anyone elses in z3/z2 and i am well aware of the implications. That being said its a perfectly valid tactic and when implimented on other servers they have survived. If you give up without trying then the server will die, but there are other ways to get poh (we can ambush and poh seige one another in the worst case scenario) so no the server wont be crippled, we will be crippled but the server could potentially live on.

Have a look at the distribution of Clan APOCALYPSE_NOW. They hold the top 4 leaderboard places with, Blodsugare, Vlade, Nndungu and CESARZ. They have 6 of the top 10 and 9 of the top 20 players. NO OTHER GUILD CAN GO UP AGAINST THEM.

Brotherhood of Steel (Mortis), HomeLess Lions and Vault 13 combined couldn't face them.

If you feel this way then do us all a favour and delete your character now, it will save me the effort of having to read your posts in which you are simply coming to the same conclusions the rest of us reached years ago and labelling yourself a prophet for doing so.

And welcome to the real world kid, what people do do and what they should do aren't the same, if they were then the world would be a good place to live in. They dont though, they do whats most profitable and thats why we have wars for oil, companies polluting because its cheaper than investing/researching in greener methods and companies ignoring their customers because they are well aware that people wont boycott their products.

07-29-2010 10:51 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:

EXCUSE ME! Have you not seen the first seige report? And that was without some of our big hitters as well let me remind you, 0esebius, rohilkus, blackcat and others from other clans still moving to z4. Let me tell you right now that we will win this and people like you saying useless things like that aren't helping are they? Now drop it and moan about something else Mad grrrrr

I started a thread so you can discuss all the War gossip here:
A_N vs Underworld

07-29-2010 10:54 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

quote:

no one lose their square yet. <- linked to another topic

i think if we talk about underworld, isnt become offtopic than game system topic?

npc son's name : cpu

07-29-2010 10:56 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Serious

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
As Lysandra said it's not about sieges.

You still sure about that?

What I messaged to my Clan about 30 minutes ago...

quote:

The Guilds had the top squares sewn up to a large extent. That meant movement upwards for those that wanted to was either very restricted or non-existant.

This wasn't the Guild Leader's or anyone else's direct fault, it's just the way people play the game and behave in real life. Those at the top have spent years building up their squares and there was effectively a gentleman's agreement not to rock the boat.

Unfortunately, while that was very nice for them that had, the had nots didn't like it. The whole issue was a pressure cooker with no outlet valve. The result is the French Revolution Redux.

Disgruntled people joined the new guild and it's now the most powerful on the server. That's why it's impossible to attack them, you hit one of theirs, the higher ones hit you. They have Blodsugare way up in 1/1/1 and Vlade, number 2 on the list, as well as a load of other powerful people.

Seemingly they aren't taking over the top squares, they are destroying the facilities on them that produce PoH. That might have effects down the line on lower people simply because so much that happens depends on those.

So why am I telling you this, cause I predicted something was going to happen on the Forums a few days ago. Then again, nobody wants to listen to a prophet spout doom and gloom.

quote:

07-29-2010 11:07 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=38dcf540da

yes we cant win because points obviously mean so much

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

07-29-2010 11:07 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Serious

quote:
quote:
quote:

If you feel this way then do us all a favour and delete your character now, it will save me the effort of having to read your posts in which you are simply coming to the same conclusions the rest of us reached years ago and labelling yourself a prophet for doing so.

I notice you have been very vocal on these forums about this before I posted. The prophet isn't the person who notices things and then says nothing, they are the person who stands up and says something. That puts them up in line for attack.

quote:

And welcome to the real world kid, what people do do and what they should do aren't the same, if they were then the world would be a good place to live in. They dont though, they do whats most profitable and thats why we have wars for oil, companies polluting because its cheaper than investing/researching in greener methods and companies ignoring their customers because they are well aware that people wont boycott their products.

Don't need to, I'm too far down for them to bother with. As to welcome to the real world, I suspect I was here long before you, please don't make assumptions about me when you don't know.

Paranoia, I wish you were slightly less paranoid. I didn't say it was useless, you might be able to fight them to a stalemate, with everyone else. One attack doesn't prove anything though. This isn't about ambushes on people.

Edited for clarity

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Serious: 07-29-2010 11:23.

07-29-2010 11:19 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
As Lysandra said it's not about sieges.

You still sure about that?

What I messaged to my Clan about 30 minutes ago...

quote:

The Guilds had the top squares sewn up to a large extent. That meant movement upwards for those that wanted to was either very restricted or non-existant.

This wasn't the Guild Leader's or anyone else's direct fault, it's just the way people play the game and behave in real life. Those at the top have spent years building up their squares and there was effectively a gentleman's agreement not to rock the boat.

Unfortunately, while that was very nice for them that had, the had nots didn't like it. The whole issue was a pressure cooker with no outlet valve. The result is the French Revolution Redux.

Disgruntled people joined the new guild and it's now the most powerful on the server. That's why it's impossible to attack them, you hit one of theirs, the higher ones hit you. They have Blodsugare way up in 1/1/1 and Vlade, number 2 on the list, as well as a load of other powerful people.

Seemingly they aren't taking over the top squares, they are destroying the facilities on them that produce PoH. That might have effects down the line on lower people simply because so much that happens depends on those.

So why am I telling you this, cause I predicted something was going to happen on the Forums a few days ago. Then again, nobody wants to listen to a prophet spout doom and gloom.

are you a drooling, special educated, helmet wearing, short yellow bus rider?

now i know mommy and daddy have told you your special but quite frankly your not and these dellusions of grandeur are ridiculous.

My suggestion is you need to go back to lurking because none of what your predicting/telling us is new and maybe when you come back in a few months people will have forgotten all about you and you can start over again with a clean slate.

oh and a prophet isn't someone who simply repeats what others have said years before (use the search function perhaps) and claims to be a prophet... that would be the village fool.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Waaaaaaaaambulance: 07-29-2010 11:22.

07-29-2010 11:20 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Serious

quote:

now i know mommy and daddy have told you your special but quite frankly your not and these dellusions of grandeur are ridiculous.

My suggestion is you need to go back to lurking because none of what your predicting/telling us is new and maybe when you come back in a few months people will have forgotten all about you and you can start over again with a clean slate.

oh and a prophet isn't someone who simply repeats what others have said years before (use the search function perhaps) and claims to be a prophet... that would be the village fool.

Stop acting like a baby throwing all it's toys out of the pram mate.

And go read your bible and history books too, you will find things repeat far too often.

quote:

07-29-2010 11:25 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Vlade

Registration Date: 08-16-2007

It's about time to explain the idea of this small revolution.

If someone thought that it's possible to destroy all the squares he must be completely mad. Smile

You can try to calculate how long would it take. And then you could try to calculate how much other squares could be developped while other were destroyed.
The only way to put some life and initiative to the server was to bring a serious danger that could touch everybody. And everybody belived in that. LOL!!!

Long time war isn't possible at all. I know that from Polish servers.

There was only two sieges but I could say it today!

We have won today! Do you know why? By making people to change the clan to defend from us. By making people to spy, to ambush before the siege, to do all that things HLL and A_N done today and yesterday. By making this game interesting again. Have you feel the excitement reading a report from the siege? I did!!!

Being a BoS member I've ask many times to make some sieges, to have some fun. But everybody was saying: why to risk... I'd like to have my 3rd zone square and make everyday ambushes all the time...

Today many of you are ready to leave their 3rd zone square moving to zone 4 to be able to join HLL or another clan to fight. Why? What is the difference between losing a square and leaving it to do sth else? Have you realy belived that we could destroy all the server? With who will we fight then????

Gratz for tiger and his team. Nice work with bringing reinforcements to the clan.

If you think about it and calculate everything you'll find that you can't win with us. I'm sure it's possible to make a huge clan full of top players and beat us easily. But doing this you're exposing the rest of the server to danger. We coud siege aech other day after day. And to win with us you have to let another players to suffer. And to do it majority of the best players has to leave their 3rd zone squares. And here again my idea is becoming real!!!! Smile

I'm not a bad guy and I promise you that I won't kill the server and the game. Doing this I would hurt myself. I still want to play and don't want anybody of you to leave the game by deleting account. I'm sorry that I haven't done it before diablo left. Mayby he wuold stay with us in that situation.
07-29-2010 11:26 Vlade is offline Search for Posts by Vlade Add Vlade to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

the truth in the matter is people like blod etc are at the top of the ranking... yes they are powerful.... yes they do alot of damage... BUT just because they have alot of the top 50 in the clan doesnt mean they are unbeatable.

In a siege you cant hid behind squares you are there based on what you have on.... ANY mellee can F**K up a sniper and the other way round... its not about "oh their bigger than us we will lose" its about fighting smart....

90% of their clan is mellee.... few decent gunmen will SHRED them.... rangers may hit very hard but they cant be missed by ANYONE.....

stop thinking you know everything that will happen just because they have bigger people......

Certain people > bigger people

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

07-29-2010 11:27 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

quote:
And go read your bible and history books too, you will find things repeat far too often.

You do realise this is just an internet game right? Nobody cares if you predicted all this Serious we're too busy sorting it out to care tbh. I'm glad you seem to get a thrill from being correct about doom and gloom

(On Earth)
"Hey the worlds ending tomorrow"

----- World Ends ------

(In Hell)
"haha told you all it would!"

Lets see if you would be so happy if it was your square on the line? Or maybe your friends...Somehow I think not.

07-29-2010 11:33 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

quote:
quote:

Stop acting like a baby throwing all it's toys out of the pram mate.

the Bible are you loving kidding?

things repeat themselves and people learn, what they dont do is come about years later spouting off common history/knowledge claiming to be an illuminati who has just reached enlightenment.

as for me throwing my toys out the pram, it wasn't me who proclaimed the server lost and who was advocating total doom and gloom (for total doom and gloom the fact that nothings changed in terms of squares being taken makes you a pretty lousy prophet if you ask me) that'd be you there little guy, but nice try.

As i said go back to lurking and use the search function next time or at the very least keep your opinions to yourself and your clanmates rather than posting them on a public forum if you dont want them critiqued.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

as for what vlade said, if it works out like you envisioned and it gets people to stop whining all the time then all the better in my opinion.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Waaaaaaaaambulance: 07-29-2010 11:40.

07-29-2010 11:34 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Serious

quote:

Lets see if you would be so happy if it was your square on the line? Or maybe your friends...Somehow I think not.

I've said throughout the thread I'm not happy with it. I'll say again I would have preferred it not to happen. Now it has deal with it.

Oh, and if you want my square you can have it Wink

quote:

Quite a bit of the bible has proven to be historically accurate, so I'm not kidding.

quote:
things repeat themselves and people learn, what they dont do is come about years later spouting off common history/knowledge claiming to be an illuminati who has just reached enlightenment.

Obviously they do, well, at least some of them. Most keep falling for the same old things.

quote:
as for me throwing my toys out the pram, it wasn't me who proclaimed the server lost and who was advocating total doom and gloom (for total doom and gloom the fact that nothings changed in terms of squares being taken makes you a pretty lousy prophet if you ask me) that'd be you there little guy, but nice try.

Wasn't me either. As for no damage yet, they have already succeeded in what they wanted to do.

quote:
As i said go back to lurking and use the search function next time or at the very least keep your opinions to yourself and your clanmates rather than posting them on a public forum if you dont want them critiqued.

And how many of them are yours? I have no problem with critique, it's when someone decides to diss me. Perhaps you should go back to lurking?

quote:

07-29-2010 12:18 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007
Clan: BoS

Vlade tbh i'm a bit disappointed ... why did you reveal your intentions ... everybody with a bit brains could figure out all by himself and it was nice having a threat to fight again ...
Anyway good work, there will be some nice sieges now i think

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
07-29-2010 12:30 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

quote:
quote:

I've said throughout the thread I'm not happy with it. I'll say again I would have preferred it not to happen. Now it has deal with it.

Oh, and if you want my square you can have it Wink

quote:

Quite a bit of the bible has proven to be historically accurate, so I'm not kidding.

quote:

Obviously they do, well, at least some of them. Most keep falling for the same old things.

quote:

Wasn't me either. As for no damage yet, they have already succeeded in what they wanted to do.

quote:

And how many of them are yours? I have no problem with critique, it's when someone decides to diss me. Perhaps you should go back to lurking?

the bible is so vague that like nostradamus you can claim it predicted many things but it didn't, its like astrology, people find meaning after the events and fit them to the words to make it so.

you said earlier that there was no point fighting as A_N had 9/20 of the top players which siunds very much to me like a doom and gloom attitude /facepalm

they have succeeded in what they wanted to do perhaps, but their initially broadcasted aim was to destroy all non A_N z3/z2 squares which most certainly hasn't been accomplished. Obviously though you knew this and are privy to their thinking so why didn't you tell us!? \O_o/

I haven't "dissed" you im genuinely concerend about your mental health/capabilities. Your just repeating things we've had dozens of threads about in the past and haven't brought anything new to the table at all. That is why i was telling you to lurk more, so you would understand that this has all been hashed out over and over. The fact that your clearly butthurt about that though is hillarious.

07-29-2010 13:00 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Serious

quote:

the bible is so vague that like nostradamus you can claim it predicted many things but it didn't, its like astrology, people find meaning after the events and fit them to the words to make it so.

you said earlier that there was no point fighting as A_N had 9/20 of the top players which siunds very much to me like a doom and gloom attitude /facepalm

they have succeeded in what they wanted to do perhaps, but their initially broadcasted aim was to destroy all non A_N z3/z2 squares which most certainly hasn't been accomplished. Obviously though you knew this and are privy to their thinking so why didn't you tell us!? \O_o/

I haven't "dissed" you im genuinely concerend about your mental health/capabilities. Your just repeating things we've had dozens of threads about in the past and haven't brought anything new to the table at all. That is why i was telling you to lurk more, so you would understand that this has all been hashed out over and over. The fact that your clearly butthurt about that though is hillarious.

Bible, not quite. Lots of it is bumpf but the history books are reasonably accurate, at least as accurate as the Roman ones. The problem isn't so much they are vague but that they may have been altered at a later date, which is why you can't trust any of the new testament ones.

I did assume that Lysandra and others were correct in the statements they made, after all, they do have a lot more experience than I do of playing the game. What I'm saying is they can do quite a bit of damage if they want, and, if they did it properly, no Clan could stop them on it's own. It would require the effort of many clans to do that. I've also stated that the best outcome is almost inevitably a draw.

Fortunately their real aim isn't as drastic as they initially claimed, although I know some squares are under protective siege.

As to my mental health it's fine, I even manage to spell words correctly, unlike some. I don't need you to be concerned. It would take a lot more than what you and everyone else has said on these forums to bother me. What I'm trying to avoid is this and other threads to descend into some form of slagging match.

quote:

07-29-2010 14:06 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Does anyone else just feel trolled by a level 30 who wishes to change the whole game without firstly playing it?

Its like a 10 year old redrawing the laws of physics. Stop giving newton the finger, and start enjoying this beautiful online game!

07-29-2010 14:47 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Vlade

What a good thing it turnd out you weren't really going to take and destroy any squares, now you lost your first takeover siege Smile

Yes, you certainly succeded in forcing a flurry of activity and a co-ordinated defence, albeit only once the threat had actually manifested itself. It has indeed been very diverting. However, rather than ushering in a new order, what you have proved is a lightning rod for malcontents (who should probably be playing more immediately stimulating games if they find BW so insipid), whilst proving that the majority of players not only like this server the way it is, but are willing to fight to keep it this way! BW, like life itself, is only as interesting as you make it.

If it ever became such that the majority of players wished for regular aggressive sieges and all-out war, then that is what would happen. There is no higher power to appeal to, the strongest will prevail and the shape of the server is what consensus allows. There are many other servers, without the poh patch, on which aggressives sieges are the norm, and players are welcome to sign up to them if that is what they want from this game. Personally, I've tried it and I don't like it. I like the (largely) gentlemanly conduct on this server, I love my clan, I'm proud of the defence HLL and their allies mobilised and I wouldn't want things any other way Smile

07-29-2010 15:01 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
Waaaaaaaaambulance

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
Does anyone else just feel trolled by a level 30 who wishes to change the whole game without firstly playing it?

Its like a 10 year old redrawing the laws of physics. Stop giving newton the finger, and start enjoying this beautiful online game!

he was too butthurt about being told to lurk more for him to be a troll..... though the thought had crossed my mind previously.

07-29-2010 15:16 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Serious

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

I have played it. I only comment on what I've observed personally or what I've been told.

I started off enjoying the game, now I'm asking the questions, is that all there is? and can this be improved?

There are issues that could easily be improved. If you think it takes years to work out the basics of a game and where problems might be you're misleading yourself. If you think it can't be improved at all then you are delusional.

I don't need to give Newton the finger, Einstein already did that.

As to your illustration, I point to all the Scientists who have brought forward a new theory and then been blasted as idiots, morons, fools or childish before being proved right.

Oh, and if you think I'm a troll then stop feeding me.

quote:

07-29-2010 15:52 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Vlade

quote:
Originally posted by Kalessin
If it ever became such that the majority of players wished for regular aggressive sieges and all-out war, then that is what would happen.

Well... I've made a little survey in BoS before I left. 80% of answers was: b) game is boring and I'd love to fight.
Unfortunatelly leader said NO and that was all...

If you find interesting building 30 level of garrison, copying one equpment build and sit with 40k of HP in defence you can do this. 99,5% of the players won't kill you and will stop ambushing you. Very interesting and creative game. Smile
07-29-2010 16:52 Vlade is offline Search for Posts by Vlade Add Vlade to your Buddy List
Kalessin

images/avatars/avatar-378.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2008

This is a game, meant to be enjoyable to explore and to play. If you can find no new ways to make it interesting, start anew with a fresh concept (make a Cursed One monk who fights with clubs only!) or find another passtime. You cannot force change on a community because you feel you have reached the limit of its potential. Maybe you have, I doubt the devs imagined people would ever wish to play it for so long, when they first designed it. But no game designer can keep you amused for the rest of your life, THAT is not their job, it is yours!

Games are not meant to last a lifetime. There are very few games which I first played over 2 and a half years ago, which I still play. I played Planescape: Torment obsessively once upon a time, but I do not still sit down every day to play it any more as it ran out of things to offer me - That doesn't mean I bombard Black Isle with demands that they keep making the game new and exciting, that it is broken and they need to fix it for me!

We ALL love a good fight, or we wouldn't be gamers. That doesn't mean you have to stir up bad blood and make ridiculous claims to ensure one. I refer back to the week-long one-a-day wars the Source fought, against V13 and Dark, it was great fun and I'd highly recommend it to any clan who is bored. However, it was exhausting and left no room for anything else, so you may understand how others might not wish for that to be thrust upon them, if that is not what they want. And from the vehement opposition to A_N, I think it is clear the community as a whole does not want anarchy.

If everyone in A_N really wants daily sieges, then split into two and fight each other!

07-29-2010 18:19 Kalessin is offline Homepage of Kalessin Search for Posts by Kalessin Add Kalessin to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kalessin
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008

quote:

Today many of you are ready to leave their 3rd zone square moving to zone 4 to be able to join HLL or another clan to fight. Why? What is the difference between losing a square and leaving it to do sth else?

The difference is permanence, ask Kazgaroth.

quote:
I'm not a bad guy and I promise you that I won't kill the server and the game. Doing this I would hurt myself. I still want to play and don't want anybody of you to leave the game by deleting account. I'm sorry that I haven't done it before diablo left. Mayby he wuold stay with us in that situation.

You may not intend to kill the server, but that doesn't mean you wont.

If you make the environment of the server so hostile to the point where logging on is a misery and a chore, people will leave. And you can't just wipe your hands of it and say it wasn't your intention.

You may have asked BoS members if they wanted more sieges, did you ask HLL? Or just enforce your will upon them?

There may not be malice in your actions, but consider what is enjoyable for you may not be for another.

Yes the server is livelier at the moment, but happier?

PS. When A_N eventually dissolves, i look forward to seeing all the turncoats who thought they would live like kings off the backs of Vlade, Blod and Cesarz, find new clans Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 07-29-2010 19:25.

07-29-2010 19:23 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Chopski

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BOS/V13

quote:

Well... I've made a little survey in BoS before I left. 80% of answers was: b) game is boring and I'd love to fight.

80% of how many responses though..........
07-29-2010 19:40 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

quote:
Sender: Vlade
Message title: [CLAN] ZONE 1 and other important things
Send date: 2010-07-18 21:40:39
A message to all clanmembers.

As you all know last days it's getting harder to start the expo because of the lack of reputation and high resurection cost.
I realy do not understand our policy letting other players from the rest of the clans to get the PoH from buildings in their squares. In my opinion to improve our situation we should destroy any good square outside BoS and V13 that gives PoH to other players. If they wan't be able to get PoH from squares they won;t resusrect so many mobs as they're doing today and there would be easier for us to start the expo.
Anybody agree with that?

quote:

If someone thought that it's possible to destroy all the squares he must be completely mad. Smile

So, I guess the mad guy is then you, right?

quote:
You can try to calculate how long would it take. And then you could try to calculate how much other squares could be developped while other were destroyed.
The only way to put some life and initiative to the server was to bring a serious danger that could touch everybody. And everybody belived in that. LOL!!!

They can be destroyed faster than build again. Oh no, now you have spoiled the secret.. so no real danger at all.. good.. then why Victors moved his zone 3 to small clan and is suddenly on zone 5 empty square? I am sure we don't need to worry about it at all right?
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=0f8cf8c95e

quote:
Long time war isn't possible at all. I know that from Polish servers.

Good, then why to bother with it at all? And especially when majority of the server don't want them as Kalessin said. Why you think there were no wars?

quote:
We have won today! Do you know why? By making people to change the clan to defend from us. By making people to spy, to ambush before the siege, to do all that things HLL and A_N done today and yesterday. By making this game interesting again. Have you feel the excitement reading a report from the siege? I did!!!

Maybe it was interesting for you, but I am sure not for the rest of players and leaders who were organizing the defence. Yes, we felt the stress.
quote:
Being a BoS member I've ask many times to make some sieges, to have some fun. But everybody was saying: why to risk... I'd like to have my 3rd zone square and make everyday ambushes all the time...

And what's bad with it? Your idea of fun can be different than ours.

quote:
Today many of you are ready to leave their 3rd zone square moving to zone 4 to be able to join HLL or another clan to fight. Why? What is the difference between losing a square and leaving it to do sth else? Have you realy belived that we could destroy all the server? With who will we fight then????

As NouveauNosferatu mentioned, it's permanent. We were acting just based on what you said you would like to do. What for you want to fight? You just wanted more expedition mobs for you.

quote:
Gratz for tiger and his team. Nice work with bringing reinforcements to the clan.

Thank you.

quote:
If you think about it and calculate everything you'll find that you can't win with us. I'm sure it's possible to make a huge clan full of top players and beat us easily. But doing this you're exposing the rest of the server to danger. We coud siege aech other day after day. And to win with us you have to let another players to suffer. And to do it majority of the best players has to leave their 3rd zone squares. And here again my idea is becoming real!!!! Smile

We can win you easily, don't worry. We already saw it. It's possible even to make 2 huge clans and siege you at double speed than you can siege us. If you think about it and calculate all I am sure you will find out you can't win with us. Wink

quote:

Lol. Really. That's so cliché. Every bad guy is saying that. All prisoners are saying they are innocent. Hurt yourself? How? You care only about your daily expos that's all. You don't need other players. You don't want anyone to leave? You don't want anyone to delete? But then you should have been thinking better before you have started the war. diablo would be against it. He was always against destruction of squares.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
07-29-2010 20:50 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Vlade

If I understand correctly nobody wants to fight in sieges (excluding my clan).

1) You could try to write a pettition for BW Team asking to remove siege option from the game menu. Nobody needs it... Oh and do not forget to change the name of the game to Blood City. Smile

2) Or mayby we could seat and agree to arange huge square swap. We will take the best one's and give ours. We have quite nice squares so It wouldn't take a long time to improve it. That kind of massive swap will take a day or two. Then we will make 2 clans and will be fighting with each other. And the rest of the players could do then whatever they want.

PS. Victors moved to z5 to make a space on zone 3 to Nndungu before the siege. Aren't you so clever to find it by yourself?
07-29-2010 21:15 Vlade is offline Search for Posts by Vlade Add Vlade to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009

quote:

PS. Victors moved to z5 to make a space on zone 3 to Nndungu before the siege. Aren't you so clever to find it by yourself?

And do you think we are so stupid to believe it or what?! That was the only square available.. an empty square.. C'MON!!!

07-29-2010 21:20 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
DraGan

Registration Date: 11-02-2009

quote:

Your argument is laughable, seriously try harder.

07-29-2010 21:24 DraGan is offline Search for Posts by DraGan Add DraGan to your Buddy List
Vlade

quote:
Originally posted by Clemenza
quote:

And do you think we are so stupid to believe it or what?! That was the only square available.. an empty square.. C'MON!!!

Yes I think that you are stupid if you don't understand. If there is 40 minutes between the sieges we were atacking and the one we were defending and If there's 12 persons from zone 3 joined to the second siege the only way to get another zone 3 in the clan is to go to the empty square (that takes 5 seconds) from zone 3. Then you've got 11 zone 3 in the clan and could get another player from zone 3. Nndungu has joined the clan before the second phase of the siege. He was 20-30 seconds late to join the siege.

To sum up. If you don't have 18hours but only a few minutes that's the only way to move from zone 3 (or anyone) to other zone. To move to empty square.

Edit. I see that majority of you knows the game only in theory. And have no idea about some details.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Vlade: 07-29-2010 22:00.

07-29-2010 21:58 Vlade is offline Search for Posts by Vlade Add Vlade to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

why its in game system?

07-29-2010 22:18 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
why its in game system?

Quite. This was meant to be a thread about lack of sieges, not ranting and raving about Vlade's ideals/

And wash away my innocence and fear
07-29-2010 22:39 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
why its in game system?

quote:
Originally posted by npc
i think if we talk about underworld, isnt become offtopic than game system topic?

all who joined war and posting in here should give +1 warning by supermoderator Frown
the fun thing, i got +1 warning for spam in patch topic Frown weird huh?

npc son's name : cpu

07-29-2010 22:44 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Apollo
The Light

I started a A_N vs Underworld thread I'm sure we could carry the debate over there should this interuption of Serious's bickering cause anyone to be offended Roll Eyes

And yes NN it will be interesting to see where all the "traitors to their own server" go in the future...

07-29-2010 23:37 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Serious

I'm not saying anything because there isn't any point. The Developers don't seem to give a rat's rear end about the server or improving it.

Thread can go in whatever direction, it's purpose has been overtaken by events.

quote:

07-30-2010 00:11 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

1) thread was taken over by events, if Mortis wanted to close it, he certainly has the power to do so and didn't. That settles that, doesn't it?

2) This whole issue with random war is quite frankly, stupid. A few days before all this started (I think closer to LITERALLY the day before) I was talking with a few members from END to get some PoH siege wars started. As Kalessin mentioned, similar to the wars with Source, V13 and DARK. People like those and we had A LOT (including BoS Wink ) of willing participants.

3) Just because you're having fun, doesn't mean the rest of the server is. You know why the server was so stagnent? because it's hard to defend against a massive clan in a forced war effort. People were sick and tired of trying to do so, so it simply stopped. Then every so often a clan would come along for a random PoH siege and it would be decent.

4) Specifically at your second suggestion Vlade: No. Because the server was fine with regen the way it was (all we needed was the devs help to fix it really). You're just too greedy to see it. If I can managed to regen a golem by borrowing people off a friend at a cost of almost 100K people, I'm sure as hell you can. And, if enough people work together in one clan, you can pull something much larger out your backside. It's call team work to regen, I believe popeye was the one to say it before. You know, each person donate a bit of resources to give to one big monster...what most other clans were doing. Yeah.

5) The only people really effected by the war is anyone in the top five clans. Where does that leave the rest of the server? Waiting and knowing they can be mowed down. Wondering if all the hard work on their squares will be for nothing. That's not fun. And that might cause people to leave. Plus, you've now created a clan so large and diverse, you probably can't even regen properly or make the right type of expos for all your players. Not to mention that if you really wanted to, it may be easier to mow down other clans...which if you're saying wasn't your true intention, is sure making you look like a liar.

For those who want a shorter version:

Sieges are great, we can all agree. A_N went about it a very greedy and short sighted way. Eventually people are going to get ticked off enough to leave. And don't BS us about not wanting to destroy the other squares. We saw the message, we aren't slow in the head (as certain people seem to think when opinons clash).

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

07-30-2010 00:45 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

So Victors moved to Z5 did he, from Z3, why not Z4? Or were you not thinking clearly.

What you've done Vlade is tried to use power to rule server. Yay im No 2 and i got No1 and No3 in my clan.

Now with BOS (i never been but i have played under Mortis before on other servers), well what Mortis did was start it at the start, he got (what he thought was loyal) players and built a clan, all you've built is a war machine. Really, tell us how you clan will work?

How can people switch squares in your clan if your destroying squares 24/7? How can you get Most of Top 10 to get all there expos while letting lower players level.

Also you said you sad that you did after Diablo left, why don't i belive that? Week after one of best players leaves, Mortis No2 in BOS. You leave to destroy server.

If you succed in what you want to do. Server is dead.

If you fail you clan will fall apart and as NN said they will be rejected by all. Then they be angry at you because there friends be angry at them.

And Cea, you will regret destroying DB Wink

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
07-30-2010 01:23 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

As far as I can see, this 'war' is an egotistic <insert profanity here> on a power trip thinking he can push people around because he's No.2 on the game and he has No.1, 3 and 4 as his lap dogs Mad

But what I find incredibly funny is the fact that weaker players in your clan think that because they joined the top clan in the game they are all high and mighty.. My own brother on the game Hammertime attacked a 20 pointer, who then threatned to take his square because he has the power to.... I personally laughed at Hinashou's message...

So a message to all members of A_N, get over yourselves!! I'm not strong enough to do much damage to you but if I was stronger i'd be fighting against you 110%!! Mad

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
07-30-2010 03:44 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

Since it bothers you so much, I moved it to Mishmash.

I won't say much about the war... Just that I don't approve of it and Vlade is too self-centered to even discuss something like this...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

07-30-2010 08:01 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Apollo
The Light

@ Lys - Couldn't have said it any better than that 100% agree with you there...

Funny people saying what about all the lower levels who've joined A_N well tbh they are pretty short sighted or have never been in DB before. In DB and I'm sure it will be the same in A_N all the big players expoed together and all the little guys had to try and team up to take down a phoenix. No selfless 2manning or anything like that. This is what sets apart A_N from the rest of the server, they're selfish. A_N seems to be just a collection of some high up selfish players. And they are basically using all the other lower level players to fill the gaps for the CA and to also fill the clan up with Z4's. The lower players won't get anything out of it apart from maybe the thrill of losing to all the other DECENT and HONEST players of Underworld.

@ Vlade - BS! It seems then a mighty coincedance that diablo goes and you start this pathetic little game or yours.

I still enjoy the irony of looking in CES's profile and seeing:
Provenance - DB 4 ever
haha yeah okay then thats why you disbanded it to follow a selfish desire, thanks to you DB's name has been well and truly dragged through the dust, its a shame you've done so after all Azz's good work.

This war rubbish has done one thing for us though, its made me realise how many decent and selfless players their are in this game (outside A_N of course) and I am proud to have fought alongside such players, and if need be I would gladly do so again...

07-30-2010 08:29 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Lack of Sieges...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH