Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » from +5 to good » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page from +5 to good
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Death reaper
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-180.jpg

Registration Date: 04-03-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

from +5 to good Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

some thing really needs to be done about this because this is really fustrating i tried upgrading my cap of adrenaline to good 2 times in one day and its really annoying cant the DEVs increase the percentage of the upgrading to good

i start a new one i get a warning for it
05-18-2008 00:15 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It is supposed to be quite difficult, although the BW randomiser does seem to be out to get the players sometimes Tongue

I'm not too happy about it myself but I wouldn't say it's unfair. You just have to keep trying. You could always merge if you're REALLY annoyed but you should save that for Perfect+ were it's REALLY harsh.

For now, just think of every 10th point as an attempt to upgrade. The Lifestone to start, the Heart and Blood to recover lost levels afterwards. It's rushing that gets you in to trouble in this and most other games. Grit your teeth and hope for a reasonable Auction worthy drop that will let you try again.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
05-18-2008 00:19 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Death reaper
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Death reaper
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dont worry mate ive been there before lol

in total my cap trying to upgrade ive wasted 5 LS in total and now you think im gritting my teeth im bouncing off the walls lmao its more like a 20% chance so much for 50% chance Mad

05-18-2008 00:25 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

It all depends on your luck. I upgraded a Murderous Mace of Betrayal and Shorts of Shepherd to Good (+1) without a single fail. You just have to keep trying until you succeed Smile

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

05-18-2008 07:22 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
stevie8

Registration Date: 05-14-2008
Clan: LOR

and i think Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there is 2 ways

like they just said about the luck

2nd is they should be a shop item to use like +30% to upgrade

or something like that Tongue

05-18-2008 10:43 stevie8 is offline Search for Posts by stevie8 Add stevie8 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for stevie8
Evangelion
The warning machine

RE: and i think Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by stevie8
2nd is they should be a shop item to use like +30% to upgrade

or something like that Tongue

What are you talking about? There's no such item and there won't be...

05-18-2008 10:46 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
stevie8

i no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i was just saying they should be an item to upgrade if its like +5 to good because the chance is 50% u should have a shop item to make it like 80% Tongue

05-18-2008 10:48 stevie8 is offline Search for Posts by stevie8 Add stevie8 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for stevie8
Evangelion
The warning machine

Upgrading items is meant to be hard so such item will never be implemented.

No risk, no fun Smile

05-18-2008 11:07 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
stevie8

well Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well put the item as like 100 thousand then if it don,t wrok then u just lose loads of money Tongue

05-18-2008 11:16 stevie8 is offline Search for Posts by stevie8 Add stevie8 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for stevie8
Evangelion
The warning machine

If you'll upgrade some items 100 000 times then you'll see that ~50% succeeded. The more times you upgrade the more clear it becomes.

05-18-2008 11:37 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Death reaper
Forum Ace

ok so ive attempted to upgade my cap 5 times dont you even think thats more than enough times i mean come on

05-18-2008 12:51 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist

if youre finding it hard now i cant wait to get to perfect
my flexble shirt +3
i could use it at +5 so upgraed it to +4 then again but it dropped and again and so on
currently its at +1
05-18-2008 12:59 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
Death reaper
Forum Ace

well unlucky mate its 6 times now 3 times inside 24 hours this is ridiculous

05-18-2008 13:38 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Nothing's wrong with upgrading items.

Item upgraded Light Dagger of Hitting (+5) -> Good Light Dagger of Hitting !

Just a minute ago I've upgradet it...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4067/beztytuusq7.jpg

05-18-2008 13:40 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Death reaper
Forum Ace

lol i swear down you are so lucky but im well annoyed tho

05-18-2008 13:51 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

well i failed good to good +1 five times then when the update came in to get lots of stones i made it good +5 from +5 no fails
now waiting to get perfect
05-18-2008 18:07 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber

ive posted in a thread similer to this.i upgraded my light dagger of agility +3 all the way to good +5 without one fail.so i think theres noting wrong.u might be having bad luck now but u might be succesful 3 or 4 times in a row.

so all in all i think the upgrading is ok.

but if the devs want to increase the chance by 10% say we wont complain *promise*
05-18-2008 19:39 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

Don't forget that the only real hurdle is +5 > Good

Then it's down to choice. Ritual of Blood? Or gamble. Personally I WON'T be gambling. I'd rather take it slow then take a risk Tongue

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
05-19-2008 01:01 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Death reaper
Forum Ace

i must admit then my luck is soooo bad i just attempted to upgrade my good hunting rifle to good +1 and it has failed no surprise there Mad

05-19-2008 02:41 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Then you should have used ritual of blood Wink

If youre upgrading without it you should always have enough stones to get it back up to the original level in case it fails Smile

05-19-2008 09:32 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

i gambled look where it got me

(look down)

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-19-2008 09:49 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Same I got my Shorts of Shepherd to Good +2 with no fails Smile

05-19-2008 10:02 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Death reaper
Forum Ace

bloodwars must hate me then Frown

05-19-2008 12:47 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
deathman

Registration Date: 05-18-2008

and me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

same here i always seem to go down not up i have 13 luck and i go down all the time i can,t get to good Shocked

05-19-2008 15:47 deathman is offline Search for Posts by deathman Add deathman to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for deathman
Dragonian

images/avatars/avatar-186.jpg

Registration Date: 03-04-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

I have a problem upgrading too, all i wanted to do was get my good hunting rifle to +1 and i failed. I wasted 6 lifestones, 4 heartstones and about 15 bloodstones trying to get it back and now it is currently a hunting rifle +2. I thought fine it can stay that way Big Grin I'll just stick to my sniper rifle.

Sometimes things go right...

05-19-2008 16:01 Dragonian is offline Search for Posts by Dragonian Add Dragonian to your Buddy List
deathman

Registration Date: 05-18-2008

same here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

when it goes from 50% its hard i think there should be a shop item to help it upgrade Tongue

05-19-2008 16:02 deathman is offline Search for Posts by deathman Add deathman to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for deathman
Death reaper
Forum Ace

personally i dont think it will ever happen to buy it in the shop but it could be found and it could be bloody rare item to that will help upgrading items e.g.

Helpful ring (+3)

apperance +4 chances to upgrade items are increased by 5%

selling price 235 975

nanites:237 mana:93

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Death reaper: 05-19-2008 17:11.

05-19-2008 17:10 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Death reaper
bloodwars must hate me then Frown

Na youve just been unlucky Wink

I spent almost a SS gettin my cap of precog to Good +3

05-19-2008 19:02 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

just one small question to do with all the upgrading, when it says 50% chance for succsess does that mean that about half of all items you attempt to upgrade to good will succseed/fail, or half of all the items everyone on the server tries to upgrade will fail?
for example, scillage managed to upgrade a cap of precignition to good+5 without a single fail, while other people, e.g artoir have spent almost a ss getting the same cap to good+3
05-19-2008 20:42 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Just 50% chance for each item trying to be upgraded. So if you have 2 items you are trying to upgrade to good, 1 will succeed and 1 will fail...

05-19-2008 20:47 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

It means every time anyone tries to upgrade, theres a 50% chance it will succeed.

That doesnt mean that everyone will have half and half, just that the probability is 50%

So if scillage gets his cap to Good +5 without fail, when he goes to get it to perfect, the chance will still be 30% (i think its 30?)

05-19-2008 20:55 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Death reaper
Forum Ace

yea it is 30% good luck on that if you ever are going to do that scillage lol i just must be freakishly unlucky then Frown

05-19-2008 21:05 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

I don't know yet. I just wish that there was a 'Ritual of Blood' for upgrades from Good (+5) to Perfect Crying

05-19-2008 21:10 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Death reaper
Forum Ace

even if there is thats going to cost a ton of stones Red Face

05-19-2008 21:16 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Yea from Good +3 to +4 costs 7LS, 11HS, 25 BS Frown

Nearly a SS

Eek

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 05-19-2008 21:58.

05-19-2008 21:57 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

I'd much rather pay a SS that all those stones. I have a SS now but not the stones and if I split the SS I won't get that many anyway.

05-20-2008 11:27 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
PainLord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

just upped my cape and gun to good +2 and good +1 and with only price of HS Smile 60% chance of succeful upgrade, i am luckiest ever so i saved a lot of stones in those updates =)
05-20-2008 12:40 PainLord is offline Search for Posts by PainLord Add PainLord to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

i had a murderous knife on good +3. tried to upgrade to good +5 and now its back to crap +4

I HATE PROBABILITIES

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-20-2008 12:54 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » from +5 to good

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH