Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Act 3 and im not sooo happy!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Act 3 and im not sooo happy!!! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.502 Votes - Average Rating: 8.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BishBash

Registration Date: 10-05-2011

Act 3 and im not sooo happy!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well im happy its here, and it looks good, but and theres a big but!!!

Is it me, or did onehanded melees just get soooo screwed over with the new patch?

My friendly thunders of conqueror are close to useless now, and equipping them is the only way I can hit shooters, so now its just people under me I can beat with my setup... Pretty sickening that a setup I worked sooo hard to get, now is very very close to useless, same goes for my defense set btw Frown

Interested in your opinions my friends.

Bosh...

ps not sure this is in the right area, so im sorry if its not.
11-23-2011 19:48 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Medea/DB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why are they useless now? is because there is a drop in Hp modifier for zerkers?

I know the bonus for snipers is a little overpowered 1 know = 1 dmg snipers already had good dmg now they make it even stronger. I dont see why 1handed gunners hit has been decreased and snipers increase dmg, theres even an enchant to give 20 know so thats another 20 dmg they get compared to 6 a 1handed gunner gets.

Are you forgetting that 2handed guns crit for more dmg than a 1handed gunner!

Necro knows me as Gjallar
11-23-2011 20:00 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
BishBash

Thread Starter Thread Started by BishBash
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im 1 handed melee buddy, thats what has been kicked in the teeth here. the friendly wep bonus has been taken away, thats why they are now next to useless.

BB

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by BishBash: 11-23-2011 20:03.

11-23-2011 20:02 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

Lol There's Always Somone Complaining Lol and Yes gunner's have more damage nw i think its cool because most of the time we couldnt attack people with mele because they did alot more damage in my opinion it evans it out a lil more

11-23-2011 20:05 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
BishBash

It doesnt even it out if you cant land an attack on someone, and im not one for complaining usually but feel alil hard done by on this one TBH!!! Gunners could always hit an agility/rep setup, now i cant hit them how is that fair?

BB
11-23-2011 20:08 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

aww okay didnt see that in the patch info, so instead of 30% overall hp it only adds to your base hp

maybe it is because it is too easy for melee to hit higher up then other paths, i know it is very hard for a 1handed gunner to hit a melee character higher up, I can only hit inactives with melee the rest i get destroyed and its not because of my set up its just they hit very hard

11-23-2011 20:11 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Well i've Been A Gunner For a Wile Verious Accounts And When I Attack Mele's They Always End Up With Doing x2 The Damage What i Do Its Why i Rarelyy Attack Mele's Or Beastys Evans The Chance To Winn With The New Patch Not much has Changed For Mele Mele's Were The Stronger One's In a Fight To Start With

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TheKid: 11-23-2011 20:23.

11-23-2011 20:15 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Beta

Registration Date: 01-06-2010

Im 100 percent with Bish Bash on this one.

I have a rep set that took me ages to perfect, and now its close to useles because they removed the friendly bonus. So now I can chose between hitting snipers/shooters/ranged users and get my ass kicked because the friendlies are useless, and equipping them, is the only way I can get a 90% chance of landing attacks, Or I can equip my main melee set, and not land because of a 30% chance, or land and get my ass kicked because of low rep=low HP... THeres no doubt that onehanded melees are getting screwed and Snipers are getting boosted on this patch...

Other than that I hate the fact that you get equal evolution point from hitting some 5 levels above you, as you will from 5 levels under you. Isnt that just tempting people to farm small people?

As BishBash, im glad that the act 3 is here, but the evolution point system doesnt seems well thought through, and the patch isnt evening things as I see, actually more unevening things as I see it...
11-23-2011 20:16 Beta is offline Search for Posts by Beta Add Beta to your Buddy List
BishBash

yea base points only, so whilst we will still be able to land an attack we will not have enough points to beat them, they on the other hand will be able to probably beat all 1 handed melee set ups, i just think that the power has swing rather than been equalled out.

BB
11-23-2011 20:18 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

...ok

People with reputation setups assume that they only use them for the HP bonus that is native to friendly.

THIS IS NOT WHY YOU USE THEM

you balance out how much rep you need to get 90% to get through and then you fill in the blanks with damage to take them down.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

11-23-2011 20:20 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
Well i've Been A Gunner For a Wile Verious Accounts And When I Attack Mele's They Always End Up With Doing x2 The Damage of Me 1h And 2h Mele Tiss Why i Rarelyy Attack Mele's Or Beastys Evans The Chance To Winn With The New Patch Not much has Changed For Mele Mele's Were The Stronger One's In a Fight To Start With

I wish you would make sense with your posts they are quite annoying when you do not spell and write with caps on that is just lazy.

only 2 handed guns got the damage bonus not 1handed guns, it would seem that demon lords and snipers got the best benefits from this patch and 1handed guns and 1handed melee got the worst.

Might be better to invest in some new gear rather than the friendly of conquerors and try find new targets that you can hit its nto as if you will need the poh from higher targets when KofH is here in 5 days from clan buildings

11-23-2011 20:21 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
BishBash

Maddy alot has changed for 1 handed melee now as we have been saying rep set ups are now next to useless againt anybody, a rep set up was all i could attack gunners/ranged with, now i cant so tell me how nothing much has changed? as ive said previously gunners could always attack and land on a 1 handed melee user and win with either of there set ups, but 1 handed melee could only really use a rep set up so that we can get through and have enough points to last the fight, now we cant so once again i say that it hasnt been evened out at all!!!

BB
11-23-2011 20:23 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
...ok

People with reputation setups assume that they only use them for the HP bonus that is native to friendly.

you balance out how much rep you need to get 90% to get through and then you fill in the blanks with damage to take them down.

^^^^^

11-23-2011 20:24 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
BishBash

So yea get new gear to replace my fists!!! and have to pend a small fortune again to build a set up!! do the gunners have to do that also?

BB
11-23-2011 20:24 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Most Gunner's Are Always Looking For More Things To Add Too a Set Up A Gunner's Set Is Never Complete Untill Yu Have Evrything Solar And Soo On

11-23-2011 20:26 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
BishBash

I know i have to go back to the drawing board, and will, but it has killed the game alil for me right now, just at a time when i thought things would start to excite me again!!!

BB

Sorry about the moans, im not normally so negative!! lol..
11-23-2011 20:27 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

quote:
...ok

yes I agree but if your hitting higher up in the rankings the HP does help alot and you can absorb a lot of dmg with your hp, it has been done for years. It is different when your gear is no where near complete unlike yours (not saying you have not put the hard work in to get where you are) but for a smaller player especially 1handed melee rep gear = friendly of conquerors was the way forward.

If you did swao your weapons around and use more dmg type and hit more realistic targets then you will get 90% chance of success and do more dmg, there is a reason why you get 240xp fro higher up targets it is thought to be a hard thing to do.

Gunner set ups are a lot different 1handed gunman it doesnt really matter how much rep you get if you dont do enough dmg inside 3 rounds your dead anyway because of the low defence

11-23-2011 20:28 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Beta

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
Most Gunner's Are Always Looking For More Things To Add Too a Set Up A Gunner's Set Is Never Complete Untill Yu Have Evrything Solar And Soo On

Lol Melees as well. But it doesnt change that I have a defense set thats close to useles which prepatch was worth a shitload of stones, as well goes for my rep set. And now both sets are close to worthless :/

Did you loose 50-60 ss worth of equipment during to the patch Maddy? Cause I did :/
11-23-2011 20:29 Beta is offline Search for Posts by Beta Add Beta to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by kralen

Gunner set ups are a lot different 1handed gunman it doesnt really matter how much rep you get if you dont do enough dmg inside 3 rounds your dead anyway because of the low defence

As Mele Usualy Gets HP And Rep And Its Harder For Us Too Kill a Mele I Still Think Its Evaned It Out More We Probz Have Got More Of An Advanged Now

11-23-2011 20:32 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

No you can still use your friendly of conquerors as a nice source of reputation to increase your chances of getting through.

But you could invest in a G+5 cape of speed to increase damage.. you could even invest in a P+1 kilt of armsdealer and use friendly of suicide.

1h mellee are not being gimped at all.. you are complaining about the +% to HP effects but there are very easy work arounds to it.

I personally refuse to build a rep kit as i have no need for it.

quote:

Smile

11-23-2011 20:32 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
BishBash

I agree i could use and will use other items, the point being that i have 2 setups now that cost a hell of alot of stones to buy/merge and there now worthless, i will have to go back to the drawing board for sure. and be an easy target until i figure out what i need i guess!!!

BB
11-23-2011 20:36 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by BishBash
I agree i could use and will use other items, the point being that i have 2 setups now that cost a hell of alot of stones to buy/merge and there now worthless, i will have to go back to the drawing board for sure. and be an easy target until i figure out what i need i guess!!!

BB

for lack of a better phrase "shit happens"... the best thing to do is not dwell on it and make it better... im happy to point you in the right direction

quote:

Smile

11-23-2011 20:42 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Beta

quote:
No you can still use your friendly of conquerors as a nice source of reputation to increase your chances of getting through.

But you could invest in a G+5 cape of speed to increase damage.. you could even invest in a P+1 kilt of armsdealer and use friendly of suicide.

1h mellee are not being gimped at all.. you are complaining about the +% to HP effects but there are very easy work arounds to it.

I personally refuse to build a rep kit as i have no need for it.

Well I dont know what you did, and felt you had to do when moving up the ranks, but I try only to hit people above me. Mostly because of the challenge in it, instead of hitting the weaker players below me, but thats definetly gotten a lot harder now, with the removal of the HP bonus. And theres no doubt I will need to start looking a lot more downwards in the ranks than I like, cause I much rather beat someone with twice my points, than one with half my points, but the evolution, and the patch, does make, hitting lower level players a lot more attractive tbh. And I think thats a shame.

On a subnote. Wont the weakening of peoples defences just make all the people(ressourcepeople) move up the ranks? As lower level people wont have a chance to defend against higher level player?
11-23-2011 20:42 Beta is offline Search for Posts by Beta Add Beta to your Buddy List
BishBash

Who are you in game Paranoia?

Bosh
11-23-2011 20:45 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

quote:
Who are you in game Paranoia?

Bosh

Lol Whats His Name Paranoia ? Lool

11-23-2011 20:47 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

you just complaning coz you have lost alot of resources if you looked at beta reports you would have seen what was going to happen.

it has evened out and the resources are getting passed around.

the sniper were under powed and stuck using a sniper rifle now we can try the other guns and setups unless you think we should have kept the x3 crit mod
11-23-2011 20:51 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
BishBash

yea got that one, lmao!!!! i searched and thought i couldnt find him!! doh!!!

BB
11-23-2011 20:53 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
BishBash

No Darc, ive never been worried about being hit and losing resources, just about what i can do to others, (which has been limited at the mo) but ill figure it out im sure, afterall the game is about attacking and being attacked, im not worried about being attcked, just that my ability to attack some has been snatched away from me..

BB.
11-23-2011 20:55 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
BishBash

i rest my case that it hasnt been evened out,

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c5ed8941bf

B4 Darc would have been able to kill me in my agility gear and i would have been able to kill him in my rep gear i see that as pretty even, alas now i prob wont get through on him in my agility gear and prob wont have enough points to kill him also, and as you can see my rep set is no good either, ohh boy i have some work to do!!!! lol..

BB
11-23-2011 21:14 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

We Have Become More Better Sniper's Now With The New Patch I Personalyy Have gained 100 Damage Per Attack The New Patch is a little tiny weeny Abit Over Rated i Would Normal Get Killed By The 3rd Round

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TheKid: 11-23-2011 21:41.

11-23-2011 21:31 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
BishBash

That you have and im not denying you guys that at all!! im just licking my wounds and wondering where i go from here.

BB..
11-23-2011 21:35 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
i rest my case that it hasnt been evened out,

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c5ed8941bf

B4 Darc would have been able to kill me in my agility gear and i would have been able to kill him in my rep gear i see that as pretty even, alas now i prob wont get through on him in my agility gear and prob wont have enough points to kill him also, and as you can see my rep set is no good either, ohh boy i have some work to do!!!! lol..

BB

why are you using 231 rep to get through 119 perception 0_o... at most you need 150rep to get 90% then you work on damage 0_o

quote:

Smile

11-23-2011 21:41 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

para is right you dont need that much rep. make something to increase damage not your hp.

maybe you can start paying decent stones for legendary 1h melee now instead of expecting it to go for 1bs and try the dodge out

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 11-23-2011 22:36.

11-23-2011 22:25 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
BishBash

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

leg weps would be my aim, but alas, again its 1 handers that have the greatest difficulty getting them.

and yea i see all your points, but i still feel hard done by on this new act... ahh well as i said b4 back to the drawing board.

BB
11-24-2011 06:58 BishBash is offline Search for Posts by BishBash Add BishBash to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Thumb Up! this post it's just in good time for me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In past I "want" to merge caring xxx of clan... now because % to HP it's applied only to base HP... i change my mind - i go for light or maximum friendly xxx of clan

11-24-2011 10:45 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
rohlikus
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: HLL

hey buddy....just one thing....just get better ambush gear then u ll have not a problem to beat any gunner/sniper on server Smile it just needs great repu gear

also as para said no need that much reputation just use weapons with more attacks or with higher damage...and also g+5 cape of speed is neeeded a lot mate Smile

just to show u HP/ number of attacks and damage....and after u get enough evo points u ll be able to do more damage .... but that ll take some time

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=23c8046f24

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d1b57d76b8

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d0b14db2d0

and yeah in act3 devs mostly improve snipers but we meele cant complain much as we have much more choices to go for then they Smile only thing that sucks is legendary 1h...hard to get and not that great

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rohlikus: 11-24-2011 16:47.

11-24-2011 13:17 rohlikus is offline Search for Posts by rohlikus Add rohlikus to your Buddy List Add rohlikus to your Contact List
byn

images/avatars/avatar-1014.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2011

i dont think the patch was aimed at melee users, but more at removing the dominance some bunker set ups had in defence against ambushes.

this was, as we all know, used by more than just melee.

now a lot of people will have to look at there set ups!!

born again from the ashes;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=32734377&key=5537a53020

11-25-2011 17:25 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Act 3 and im not sooo happy!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH