Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » UW : Debate about ingame luck in French forum » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page UW : Debate about ingame luck in French forum 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Boot Camp

UW : Debate about ingame luck in French forum Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's not what I think, I'll explain that the line under . Smile

I'm writing on behalf of some French users who are disappointed about how in their POV the enchants are unbalanced . Seeing +3 Knowledge/+5 Appearance -20 BP besides +25 Perception or 1 damage/4 level is a bit disturbing . The issue is troubling too with Chapel, some are chaining bad luck while in the same time others are sparing themselves a lot of stones by succeeding w/o alot of merges .

Majority of people are judging this as unbalanced and not very rewardful . Before that the merit was making the system satisfying . Now you can catch that near effortlessly and it's a bit distasteful .

Some want the system altered to make this less finger-crossing . Experienced people don't appreciate lesser tactic ones to beat them with only such a tool . You have some luck with the Chapel and you become Terminator when first ones sweated heavily to do the same thing . Even if most players find this as most equal system .

Act 3 mobs are forcing to make the race to P+X stuff with such stress that fun is lost in the way . The " best " compensation is the ranking is still respected for major part . We should meld random with merit to make it better .

No real idea to be put in practice, better searching for feelings to think about what to say/act next .

Maybe a French UW user will post here to portray the situation . Topic for Necropolis has yet to be done . Original topic in French forum is below :

http://forum.fr.bloodwars.net/index.php?...213640&pageNo=1

EDIT : No illegal things please, I'll personally ask for moderators to watch about it . And act if necessary .

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 04-11-2012 21:20.

04-11-2012 21:17 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree completely with the Koth enchantments, the randomness of what they give has changed completely the dynamics to which we are used in Bloodwars. Random drops and luck in drops was acceptable, that's what made some players rich and others not so rich. But here the massive difference from +20 BP to +1dmg/4 levels is just ridiculous.

Those who got these kind of enchantments will most likely not agree at all. But the fact is that after reading that French thread, it would seem nearly everyone agrees on the fact that the random factor introduced by Koth enchantments is way too big and too different from the other RNG factors we had before.

For the chapel, I don't agree. In my opinion it allows those big players who have worked hard for their gear to go and fetch the p+3/4/5 levels that those "new lucky players" you are talking about will never manage to reach on the simple basis of the Chapel.

And the difference between a p+5 item and a p+1 item is pretty big. We are yet to discover if there are any bonuses hidden in the p+4/p+5 levels that no one knew about up until now.

And on this server, it's players like Caez who will get there first, because they have worked hard for their items and that will put them in the top position for reaching those levels of gear.

Chapel is fine in my opinion. You also need to consider one thing. Maybe the top players worked really hard for their items, and we recognize that, and we admire them for that. But the fact is that a lot of players were starting to feel the weight of increasingly expensive items like solar, twisted, etc who are in much larger demand than before.
A lot of players were becoming frustrated at the idea that they would never reach p+1, and at this point BW is faced with two options : loose a lot of players time after time because players loose the motivation of reaching an acceptable level of items that keeps them in the competition, or create a tool like the Chapel which will give easier access to those levels, and keep the core player base (I would say around 500-600 players on UW) satisfied.

I think Chapel does just that. I personally was starting to get demotivated at the idea of how much it would cost me to get p+1 kilt of the sheperd, p+1 cape of speed, etc. Chapel gave me these, I stayed to play the game and purchased more premium because I enjoy it and can now move towards new goals (ie merging pre/suf jewels etc).
04-11-2012 21:47 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like the fact there is such variety in enchants, take it you ain't got good enchants? Neither have i so i keep searching for one. Its rng, couldn't be any fairer

04-11-2012 21:57 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
byn

images/avatars/avatar-1014.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2011

i agree with firetrap, just keep trying till you get something good.
one thing i agree with is the rng in upgrades tho, i recently had 8 fails in a row on normal, 80% pass rate, 8 fails in a row, then 2 successfull with another fail, thats a funny 80%, yes i think there is a issue here, the same people always seem to have them 'lucky' upgrades.

born again from the ashes;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=32734377&key=5537a53020

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by byn: 04-12-2012 14:00.

04-12-2012 13:55 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by byn
one thing i agree with is the rng in upgrades tho, i recently had 8 fails in a row on normal, 80% pass rate, 8 fails in a row, then 2 successfull with another fail, thats a funny 80%, yes i think there is a issue here, the same people always seem to have them 'lucky' upgrades.

right... It may look like I have alot of luck with my upgrades but noone ever posts the bad new do they?

I failed a hawks chain 26 times to good in a row. It finally went to good then it failed to +1 (thats right +1) so I was sat with no small stones... then I nerd raged and upgraded my main gear which suprisingly worked.

I broke my P+1 velver of armsdealer from P+1 all the way down to +0.

recently after the chapel thing I have noticed alot more 80% fails coming.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-12-2012 14:03 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
byn

images/avatars/avatar-1014.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
quote:
Originally posted by byn

right... It may look like I have alot of luck with my upgrades but noone ever posts the bad new do they?

I failed a hawks chain 26 times to good in a row. It finally went to good then it failed to +1 (thats right +1) so I was sat with no small stones... then I nerd raged and upgraded my main gear which suprisingly worked.

I broke my P+1 velver of armsdealer from P+1 all the way down to +0.

recently after the chapel thing I have noticed alot more 80% fails coming.

yes P, thats what im on about, normal fails seem really daft at the mo. and the lucky people part, was ment to say, they only tell you of the lucky ones, not the fails.

born again from the ashes;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=32734377&key=5537a53020

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by byn: 04-12-2012 14:27.

04-12-2012 14:22 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

To be perfectly honest the only reason people are failing more is because before the chapel you had 1 50% upgrade which was +5 to good.

So you did it every so often but now ALOT more people are upgrading instead of merging to perfect and higher so more people are noticing it alot more.

less people upgrading = less fails by default.

Enchants are fine if you ask me... RNG at its best... and no my enchants are not great... they are a huge steaming pile of crap so im not exactly biased.

quote:

Smile

04-12-2012 16:37 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

1) Leave the chapel alone.
It works; it is better than what we had before, if a small amount of players don't like it - tough; because a much larger amount of players do like it.
I have spent so many stones urpgrading stuf & failing that I have lost count & don't bother counting any more - the chapel helped me complete my p+1 set up at least half the cost than in would have without it. Nuff said on that I think.

However - not sure what "luck" has got to do with the Chapel.

2) Runes enchants - I like that they are random. Just because you get a duff one; who cares. scrap it & try again - the expos cost you nothing to do, so it is no loss to you - that is the point of them!

What I don't like, is that you have to chose your item to enchant before you know what runes you have... may be the other way around would make people happier?
So you find complete the KoH, go to rune enchantment area & press the button; you get told what rune you win, then decide what item you want to apply it to?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-12-2012 17:51 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

Registration Date: 10-03-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: UTA aka BC

if you dont like chapel - dont use them - you can still merge perfect items for getting them higher

04-14-2012 00:42 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
Infilz

Registration Date: 11-29-2009

Actually the problem isn't using the chapel
It's having players getting same stuff as highest players just with luck , and no work.

And the problem with enchants, is randomness.

If bloowars becomes a game where having luck is essential, it will become so much boring.

Being at the top will be a matter of luck instead of being a matter of work.

Sad.
04-14-2012 23:13 Infilz is offline Search for Posts by Infilz Add Infilz to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by Infilz
Actually the problem isn't using the chapel
It's having players getting same stuff as highest players just with luck , and no work.

And the problem with enchants, is randomness.

If bloowars becomes a game where having luck is essential, it will become so much boring.

Being at the top will be a matter of luck instead of being a matter of work.

Sad.

and can mr #1 person on the server solo chronos?

no he cant so we need a way of levelling the playing field as bw is effectively a team game.

also 1 drop can be the difference between affording gear and not affording gear so the element of luck has always been there.

quote:

Smile

04-14-2012 23:19 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » UW : Debate about ingame luck in French forum

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH