Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Increasing refresh rate for necro mob locations » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Increasing refresh rate for necro mob locations 13 Votes - Average Rating: 5.85
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wat

Registration Date: 03-21-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: WJS

Increasing refresh rate for necro mob locations Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maybe people like the new dynamic, but I imagine there a lots more expos happening suddenly after the Good Samaritan option was put in place, and so a lot of the locations are empty now. Maybe people like that, being able to refresh one mob and know what you're getting, but I'd personally prefer seeing them refresh weekly instead of once every couple weeks.

IGN: wat, as below, same as above, in game and here

01-30-2013 23:14 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Clan: QTD

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

location refresh every month, also every 2 weeks mobs are becoming cheaper to ressurect, poh for ressurection now is not a problem when we got koth so for me there is no problem. thank you for your attention. Smile

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

01-30-2013 23:18 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
wat

Thread Starter Thread Started by wat
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah, I thought they refreshed more often. Then I'd suggest having mob resurrect process drop weekly instead of every two weeks. This doesn't apply at my level, but take lower players who are in the Golem range. They have a very expensive mob to resurrect and they don't have the benefit of having an easy time winning KOTH to get lots of pop, so I think it would be nice to have the prices drop more often to balance the effect of the Good Samaritan change.

En mi humblay opinionay

01-30-2013 23:22 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
wat

*to get lots of poh rather

01-30-2013 23:23 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

as good samaritan you can still ressurect mobs for them Smile as i do Smile

edit - wat multipost not needed, you could edit your post Smile

01-30-2013 23:25 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
wat

Our clan can't win horace or small gate, and we aren't swimming in poh, so it's just not possible for me to spend 1000 poh to give a guy a golem every day. Anyway, curious what other people think. There was obviously a dynamic change that's led to an imbalance, so my opinion is that it would be nice to maintain the old balance.

01-30-2013 23:27 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

got nothing against your idea, but according to your last post you can still win slums Tongue there is still possibility Smile no pain no gain Smile

01-30-2013 23:38 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
wat

I agree Ghal, no pain for you, no gain for us Wink

01-30-2013 23:44 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Kamikaze

images/avatars/avatar-952.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2009
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: .F.n.V.

now seriously Big Grin

but koth is a very good solution of getting poh, now samaritan giving more options to get poh too. the nolife is brutal try to get used Big Grin

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Kamikaze: 01-31-2013 02:21.

01-31-2013 00:18 Kamikaze is offline Search for Posts by Kamikaze Add Kamikaze to your Buddy List
wat

Problem solved. In seriousness Samaritan was designed to make expos possible for more players. Dead mobs actually makes it more difficult. If the devd want the game to grow I would think the last people you want to put at a disadvantage are growing players who don't have as easy access to poh.

01-31-2013 00:38 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Hazardous
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1037.gif

Registration Date: 01-20-2011
Race in game: Absorber

quote:
Originally posted by Kamikaze
go to 1zone

+100 honour points / h

( on polish tutorial 120poh/h ....strange Big Grin )

so it is some possibility to get more poh Smile

Yeh that sounds like a good idea if we all had access to Z1

TBH if there's no mobs and lower lvl can't get the POH needed people will get board and look for that delete button....there's enough inactives on this server as it is.

Food for thought!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hazardous: 01-31-2013 02:08.

01-31-2013 02:02 Hazardous is offline Search for Posts by Hazardous Add Hazardous to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

No mobs for the lower levels?

White / black / Phoenix / red / hydra / gold / medusa. Currently have quite a few of the main mobs for that area alive.

I'm sure all mobs reset 1st. Which is tomorrow and the res prices reset on the 15th. But will all those locations actually having quite a few mobs left now 1 day before the reset. If you a bigger player that can damage the higher mobs can't get honor then they are doing something wrong.

And lower players will get honor from attacks aswel. So by the time they can start whites at level 40 they should also have quite a but stashed up
01-31-2013 08:55 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

Thumb Down! thumbs down Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wat
Problem solved. In seriousness Samaritan was designed to make expos possible for more players. Dead mobs actually makes it more difficult. If the devd want the game to grow I would think the last people you want to put at a disadvantage are growing players who don't have as easy access to poh.

what a pile of crap u saying...
who doesnt have access to poh? u got poh for attacks and koth. for smaller lads lower locations are nearly full, respawn cost low. what to moan about?
mid lev players? they can do slums or horace and do up to golem easily
top guns? they can take care of themselves...
on top of that u have constant poh from z3+ buildings...

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

01-31-2013 11:36 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
yregnok
Banned

Registration Date: 09-13-2012
Clan: Gangrel

RE: thumbs down Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I for one have limited access to PoH, and if I had to spend 2K PoH to resurect a golem everytime I'd run out quickly.

But who cares what I think, I'm not on the first page.

What seems to be going on is the Devs want people to use more premium so they make more money. The highest ranks are fine with this because they don't typically hunt golems and below . It also benefits the highest ranks because it causes the lower levels to struggle more and advance even more slowly.

The result of good samaritan with current regen schedule is to make the game less accessible to new players. You'd have to be blind not to realize this server needs new growth to avoid dying. This might mean doing something that the top ranks don't feel is necessary, but it's a balancing act.

And just for the record it's not easy for everyone to pass horace! Tongue But I suppose I could try for a couple of months, judiciously save my PoH to get a shot at a mob I can defeat. As long as the top ranked players continue to dominate, that's what really matters, right? I mean screw everybody else. Tongue

01-31-2013 14:02 yregnok is offline Search for Posts by yregnok Add yregnok to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

we passed golems with same problems when there was more players active and we re still here

01-31-2013 14:37 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

images/avatars/avatar-1104.jpg

Registration Date: 01-15-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: HLL

RE: thumbs down Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by yregnok
Well, I for one have limited access to PoH, and if I had to spend 2K PoH to resurect a golem everytime I'd run out quickly.

But who cares what I think, I'm not on the first page.

What seems to be going on is the Devs want people to use more premium so they make more money. The highest ranks are fine with this because they don't typically hunt golems and below . It also benefits the highest ranks because it causes the lower levels to struggle more and advance even more slowly.

The result of good samaritan with current regen schedule is to make the game less accessible to new players. You'd have to be blind not to realize this server needs new growth to avoid dying. This might mean doing something that the top ranks don't feel is necessary, but it's a balancing act.

And just for the record it's not easy for everyone to pass horace! Tongue But I suppose I could try for a couple of months, judiciously save my PoH to get a shot at a mob I can defeat. As long as the top ranked players continue to dominate, that's what really matters, right? I mean screw everybody else. Tongue

Servers not dying...it's dead already

01-31-2013 14:49 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
yregnok
Banned

Registration Date: 09-13-2012
Clan: Gangrel

I guess I'll close by just saying that it's good that players like Ghal have stuck around. While I'm a N00B here, I've played other community games and having responsible veterans is important. Like Gahl mentioned he worked through similar problems with resurrection when there were more active players around. But those active players' numbers have shrunk. Clearly the top players care as demonstrated by them sticking around so long. Maybe changing the resurrection rate can be viewed as a resuscitation measure to bring this server back to some semblance of it's past self? Would it not be worth it to take such measures to help develop newer players?

In any case happy vamping all!

01-31-2013 18:33 yregnok is offline Search for Posts by yregnok Add yregnok to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I cannot believe your complaining about the lower level players?! Can you all not see the first ATLEAST 5 locations where full before the reset?!

They cant get honor yet they get it for actually playing the game and attacking.. Koth might not be the easiest way for the smaller guys to get honor. But any GOOD clan will have a rotation of Z3 squares for their smaller guys so they can at least get something
01-31-2013 18:37 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Boot Camp

The idea is useless mainly because now with a Hospital or a Gas Station you can now alone resurrect a monster every two days without squandering your premium days in Hunts . poh given are proof enough of .

To convince other players to resurrect more monsters is a more relevant problem . I won't speak about " helping lower levels " because it is completely offtopic .

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 01-31-2013 18:43.

01-31-2013 18:39 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
wat

I created the thread with the thought that maybe the change in balance was unexpected and they might want to tweak a bit. I'm not complaining for very new players. It seems the toughest spot will be for medium players wanting golems or nobles and some higher players are immune to the difficulty. Perhaps they have generously received great accounts from other players. But those trying to build an account in a smaller clan will run into problems when the mob they want costs 2000 poh. Just a thought. The devs will do what they deem best, I'm personally not effected by it, just noticed the potential for a power shift that hurts the players who are most important if this server hopes to grow with medium players in medium clans.

01-31-2013 22:39 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

perhaps ppl could i dont know hmm organise poh seiges ??

seiges ? its a part of the game many dont know about..but trust me its there..

why 1 person having to pay fpoprm the ress..the whole team could help

easy ways to fix ur "prpblem" with out changing ressrection times

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
01-31-2013 22:58 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Increasing refresh rate for necro mob locations

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH