Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Necro sieges - should be less often » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Necro sieges - should be less often 8 Votes - Average Rating: 4.008 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eisuk

Registration Date: 06-05-2011
Race in game: Absorber

Necro sieges - should be less often Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi folks,

Say clan X is much stronger than clan Y - they can siege Y's squares. Currently, if X is really aggressive, then Y simply can't build squares up to be stronger than the weakest square in X, because it's such a trivial easy fast thing for X to take them before Y gets any chance to use the improved square.

I think the game will be more interesting if X can only siege Y once a month:
- X will have to think about whom to take squares from - if they really want them more often then they have to make more enemy clans
- new joiners to X can't always just rip a square off Y the day they join - some decisions and priority has to be decided by clan X
- Y can take the risk of building up say a dozen decent squares, knowing each enemy clan can only take them slowly, so they get some kind of return on their investment; that's even better for X as they might get stronger squares, and that dynamic is less boring than the current black and white situation.

Cheers,
Eisuk

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Eisuk: 03-12-2013 20:14.

03-12-2013 15:07 Eisuk is offline Search for Posts by Eisuk Add Eisuk to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: Sieges - should be less often Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

eh less often ???

how many seiges are you having Tongue

seiges are already non existant and now you want to pretty much remove them completly

this is a war game btw...your gunna get seiged at some point..so instead of trying to make the g ame easier for you

try to find a way to get better and fight back..or jsut get over it Tongue

bad idea in my opinion..2 thumbs down

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-12-2013 15:40 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Eisuk

Registration Date: 06-05-2011
Race in game: Absorber

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eisuk
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We're having several per week, across ADX and Khorne against WJS. I've been on the winning and losing side, so it's not a case of making it easier, just more having odds to calculate and trade offs to make: clan members can say "well, let's all four of us build up level 18 police stations - on average we'll get a few months occupancy each".

Yes, it's a war game - and in ambushes you expect to win some lose some against various opponents, but with good strategy you can sometimes beat a much stronger opponent. Sieges aren't like that - they're boring. You don't just knuckle down and a few months later you're strong enough to win sometimes. It goes on for years with no progress or change....

03-12-2013 16:14 Eisuk is offline Search for Posts by Eisuk Add Eisuk to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-03-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Please put "Necro" in your title, we already dont have sieges on underworld Tongue
03-12-2013 16:44 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Boot Camp

If you want to kill the activity of a server ask for more pacifism . Roll Eyes

Replying to absurdity by absurdity . Other games are much more unforgivable with complainers of your kind . I'm even saying you would encourage others to kick you, but it's another debate .

More seriously, I've seen much worse . And I did not voice anything . Seeing or experiencing total warfare for some time, you take lesser things for nothing to complain .

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 03-13-2013 18:41.

03-13-2013 18:36 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Necro sieges - should be less often

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH