Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » New suggestion : Limit of 8 items per person taken from CA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New suggestion : Limit of 8 items per person taken from CA 10 Votes - Average Rating: 6.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

New suggestion : Limit of 8 items per person taken from CA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think this should be fairly easy to implement and should not find too much opposition from the community.

We all make the mistake of going offline with CA items, it happens to the best, life is full of surprises and we have small brains. I went offline with a luck set from my clan not just 3 days ago.

But some people (I understand this practice comes more from Polish realms and has been brought here) take the whole CA. From what I understand, you take whole CA, press a defined set, send CA back and you have your quest set on.

Only problem, just like we forget to send a set of gear sometimes, these people forget to send back the whole CA.

When you have no leader or deputy online and when the person goes off for the night, it is seriously annoying to the whole clan.

Considering that at maximum you can equip 8 items in gear (head, armour, pants, 3 jewels, 2 1 hand items), I think it would be interesting to consider limiting to 8 the amount of items one can take from the CA.

This means that it should not be possible to take the whole CA anymore. Only 8 items, which for everyone will be more than enough.

Thoughts ?

Except for the lazy people who like to take whole CA, I don't see any reasons to why this would receive opposition from the rest of the community.
01-10-2014 07:45 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

RE: New suggestion : Limit of 8 items per person taken from CA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like it, put max items a bit higher, let's say 10, for people trying different things to get stats for a particular building, for example.

01-10-2014 07:48 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scourge
RE: New suggestion : Limit of 8 items per person taken from CA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lightboy
I like it, put max items a bit higher, let's say 10, for people trying different things to get stats for a particular building, for example.

Yes, I somewhat agree with this, sometimes you need maybe 2 easiness items to try different set ups.

But 10 should really be a maximum, past that it becomes unnecessary.
01-10-2014 07:48 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Tylan

Registration Date: 01-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Agree with this idea 100%

01-10-2014 07:57 Tylan is offline Search for Posts by Tylan Add Tylan to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

disagree I play on phone and its so much faster to take ca to join expos and koths than zoom in and pick then scroll thru its fine way it is yes cam be frustrating but so is alot from this game
01-10-2014 08:54 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by darc
disagree I play on phone and its so much faster to take ca to join expos and koths than zoom in and pick then scroll thru its fine way it is yes cam be frustrating but so is alot from this game

"so much faster" is exactly the issue here.

Laziness.

I also play on phone and ipad, and I take the time to select items to not be selfish.

It's called playing in a clan, and that's why it's a Clan Armoury.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scourge: 01-10-2014 09:09.

01-10-2014 09:06 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

better solution is to have 2 clan members named armoury keepers that can remove clan items but not give out ca bans
01-10-2014 09:17 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

yes and no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yes, because people take all items and forgot to put it back, and this is a big problem, i do that 2 times, and take some bans for that Happy

no, because it's simple for all of us...

But i have another "proposition":

All people have saved the setup for join expos

So why i must take items from CA, use them and after put them back

Easiest is to use them directly from saved button, in this case you don't need to select items from CA, the PHP know what item you need and take from CA only the item you need.
you will get an message if someone else use them...

I think this solution will end both discussion, and this solution is optimal for phone users

01-10-2014 09:21 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Maybe put a 2 hours max timer on CA items.

After 2 hours they go back to CA automatically ?

I think not.
01-10-2014 09:32 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Hazardous
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1037.gif

Registration Date: 01-20-2011

quote:
Originally posted by darc
better solution is to have 2 clan members named armoury keepers that can remove clan items but not give out ca bans

I like this idea as we have a few people (including myself) in different time zone to server time and I think this would benefit all.

I agree that something needs to be done Wink

Cheers.
01-10-2014 09:33 Hazardous is offline Search for Posts by Hazardous Add Hazardous to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

quote:
Originally posted by Hazardous
I like this idea as we have a few people (including myself) in different time zone to server time and I think this would benefit all.
Cheers.

This 2 people must be online 12 H and 12 H, you need to pay them for that Happy

01-10-2014 12:46 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

disagree, if you got your luck turn now why should you give back all luck to ca back, to have possibility to join expo/koth taking shama stuff. if you need more time ( koth,expo 2nd phase coming and you re jumping from 1 to another while doing quests ) that idea is useless. Sure you can wait with taking luck or lose some quests giving items back for the time needed but then someone might think that you finished all quests so items are in ca - so other player takes all and send caravan as he gets bonus time of your turn. And you lose your luck turn Smile as this game can be played on phone, which works much slower (if not wifi) idea of 8-10 items is useless.

would be better to have something like luck turns implemented into game, that you can take luck only on booked time. but still if someone forgot his turn and other turn is free, he wouldnt be able to take it.

Solution is to have good clan mates, active leader, swaping deputy to active players, punishment to offliners, or kicking from clan.

just some words from me Smile

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

01-10-2014 12:54 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

I personally kind of think something like this could maybe help, even as a player who tends to take the whole CA just to equip one set. :p However, when I do it, I'm playing on a laptop, so it's literally: take whole CA; equip set; put back unused items; all within like, 5-10 seconds. :p I occasionally forget to put back the Shammy gear, but never the whole CA. I don't understand how people constantly forget to do this. But perhaps something like this could help with that problem, but I don't see it as a 100% fix solution, as you'll still have the problem of people logging off in, say, Sham gear, for example...

Hmm, just a thought though: what if maybe there was a maximum TIME for which people can hold stuff for a single period of time? Let's say - 2 hours? I'm not sure on an exact amount of time(to me, 2 hours is reasonable I guess), it's something that could be worked out with discussion I'm sure, it'd need to be something reasonable though, but maybe something like this could be rather helpful... Maybe you could introduce both ideas, a time and a max amount... After all, 2 hours is normally more than enough for one to complete their quests - or most of them.

Again, my idea is just a thought, I haven't really thought much of it yet, but I'd like to see what you guys think, get your perspectives on it.

Before people reply to the whole timer idea with 'No, I don't like this, what if people want to do their pilgrimages each day and need the quest stuff for 3/4 hours for a caravan blah blah' - If you wanna spend 4 hours each day doing a caravan of pilgrimages, build your own damned luck set. O.o One person taking up 1/6 of the day with the luck set is just nonsense. :p Especially in an active clan where there may be 10+ people who would want to use the items - including the owner of the items. O.o

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Maybe put a 2 hours max timer on CA items.

After 2 hours they go back to CA automatically ?

I think not.

Hmm, seems you've already brought it up. O.o I guess great minds think alike?;P xD I don't know, I think it's worth discussing either way.

EDIT: or, of course, maybe something like what darc has mentioned above(and has been mentioned several times before, if I remember correctly) - about 'armoury keepers' or something. Though, I guess the problem with that would be finding the trust-worthy people, the people who can be online when people tend to go off with items, picking people who are unbiased and are not involved with in-clan feuds, etc. I can't remember the other arguments against that idea but I'm pretty sure the devs have said no several times to this idea.

Also, Ghal - luck turns? No... Just no. O.o You can bring all that crap into Necro for all I care, but I'd hate to see that on Underworld. Not sure here is the correct place to discuss that idea either. Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D: 01-11-2014 01:03.

01-11-2014 00:53 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
Hazardous
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1037.gif

Registration Date: 01-20-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Grizly
quote:
Originally posted by Hazardous
Cheers.

This 2 people must be online 12 H and 12 H, you need to pay them for that Happy

Clan leader and dept. as well that's 4 people. That would be better coverage across a 24 h period.

And pay?? I'm in my clan to help out, I'd do it for free Wink
01-11-2014 10:55 Hazardous is offline Search for Posts by Hazardous Add Hazardous to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

I like the idea of being able to assign CA people without all the other clan chief/deputy advantages.

Clam Armourers is a good idea. 3-4 per clan.
01-11-2014 12:23 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Bump.

For Justice and the Realm !
01-13-2014 07:40 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » New suggestion : Limit of 8 items per person taken from CA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH