Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Attack Sieges » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Attack Sieges
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: TIG

Attack Sieges Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think this has been talked about, but a loong loong time ago!!!

Why are u limited to one offensive siege???

In realistic terms, you should only be able to do 1 defensive siege at a time and as many offensive sieges as you have players!!!

Like if an empire has a million men, and wants to take 4 castles, they dont send everyone at 1 at a time, you go all alexander the great style, and split your forces and try to take em all in one push!!!

So shouldnt you be able to do at the least, 2 or 3 attack sieges???

And if not, Why??

Thank Shoes!!!

=DD

08-15-2008 19:08 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

do you mean per person or per clan?

if per person then this would nt make sence as you woudnt be able to 'travel' to each one.

if per clan than thats because this rule was probably implabted to stop everyone having a seige, so in a clan of 30 there would be 30 seiges. this could create a lot of lag [not sure] and due to not being able to do anything in stage 2 of a seige than you woudnt be doing much on bloodwars. also honour would change hands and be created and destroyed so much that it would be hatd to be able to do expos in which to use it.

the loss of recourses in poh seiges could also be devistating. blood especially would return to the post old market state and the situation would become even more desperate.

i dont think the ability to have more than one attack seige at the same time will happen
08-15-2008 19:16 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude
Why are u limited to one offensive siege???

In realistic terms, you should only be able to do 1 defensive siege at a time and as many offensive sieges as you have players!!!

Let's take a look at BoS. 25 players = 25 sieges. Let's say every BoS member sieges a weak clan and is able to kill everyone by going solo. This way every BoS member gets enormous amounts of resources in one day. Would that be fair? Right now every clan is forced to think about every siege because they can make only one per day (or two if someone likes to get up very early).

1 defensive siege? Let's imagine a situation:

An army is marching towards a castle because they want to take it over. They see an other army at the castle gates and say
"Damn, someone is already sieging this castle. We need to find ourselves a new target..."
Pretty hilarious, isn't it?
quote:
Like if an empire has a million men, and wants to take 4 castles, they dont send everyone at 1 at a time, you go all alexander the great style, and split your forces and try to take em all in one push!!!

Following your suggestion, this empire can siege a million castles at the same time.

Doesn't sound realistic in my opinion Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-15-2008 19:59 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
DemonDude
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude

lol, evan u are soo rong!!!!

So u think that another army that sees people siegeing a caste are guna what?? Wait for the siege to finish?? Join in???

Lets go back a stage, an army sieges a castle, they must want something!!! Another army comes up behind it, what do u do????

Even if a messenger says that your kuming, who the hell is guna go 'Oh, ok then, lets not prepare to fight these guys who could posable be a relief force!!!!'

And no, read the bottom, i did say 2 or 3!!!!! Evan should of noticed that!!! All i was saying is that it is 'possable' for one vamp to do it as he takes along a loada bodyguards with him (cezars could take on my clan alone for example)

And no again evan, i did not say that they are going to siege a million places, it was an examplerary number!!!!

Lets say persia, had bigger empire than everyone surounding it, they forced their way out north south east and west!!! They took everything!!!!

Then alexander the great fought back!!! He took city by city, and then had to use tactical might to split his forces up by more than 10 percent each way fighting on many different fronts!!! And he came through!!! (so he had 10 armies with 10% of his max force in each)

AGAIN, im not saying 1 per member, im just saying that you should, in whatever way you look at it, be able to do more than one!!! Like 2 or 3!!!!!
(sori, i dont like it when people dont read what i say lol, if i spoke harsh, im sorri)

=DD

08-15-2008 22:04 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

in a siege u don't have use of ur buildings so it's a silly thing to say about the bodygaurds

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
08-15-2008 22:18 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

Either way, what i said still goes, these aint people, their Vampires!!!

08-15-2008 22:28 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Yrgwillion

Registration Date: 06-06-2008

But wouldn't you consider Alexanders actions an act of desperation? He came with a much smaller army against an overwhelming force, I do doubt that he had 10% of his complete army in each unit. I suspect that he made a few fast moving, small units to pull off part off the mightiest army in the world, only fighting where he controlled the ground.

So in this case the example doesn't quite match the proposal. What you are suggesting is a greater force splitting into alot of smaller forces to take out those weaker than them, effectivly farming all the lower clans at once.

The biggest drawback I can see with this would be that it would wreck the balance there is, since the higher clans could kill off all the smaller ones in one go. Besides, if you are going for realism it would mean that you are leaving your square undefended everytime you siege somebody else so you shouldn't be able to defend it against attacks. Possibly having a few guards staying there while you are away with your mainforce.
08-15-2008 23:04 Yrgwillion is offline Search for Posts by Yrgwillion Add Yrgwillion to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

Well, everyone can join in a siege as it is, so your square is left undefeded!!!

Also, yep, dude your wrong!!!

First, his troopes werent better!!!! Less training and combat time!!! But better equiped!!! (dosnt mean squat when the sky is literally darkened by a million arrows)

Also, he DID divide his force up by 10% into each troup!!! Then he got mercenaries and conscripts, to fill the blanks, leaving behind shadpw garrisons with every taken city!!!

And he never controlled the ground per say as he was always on enemy ground!!!

It took monthes for supplies & homeland reinforcements to catch up to them mid way!!!

And being able to do 2/3 offense sieges wouldnt unbalence things that much as the smaller clans can do it as well and get honor fast aswell!!! =D

The time limit can change tho.. maybe 3 expos per clan every 2 days or somthing??? So you have to plan them carefully and strategically (the way it really should be done)

=D

08-15-2008 23:15 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Alright Demondude. How owuldyou get from A to B in the space of two seconds, say sieges were cast simultaneously.

It'd be unfair on lower ranked clans, as they have said about BoS, Diablo can probably take many of the lower ranked clans alone (Using an eample) take enough damage and gain masses of PoH from one clan, same with Blodsugare, it just wouldn't be fair, nor realistic.

Alexander the great was a military genius, and even then he came a cropper, leave the siege balance as is

Your imperfection.
08-16-2008 01:20 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

When the hell as diablos clan ever sieged a smaller clan???

Ive never been sieged by them, and if they ever do, its for blood, which they never have done!!!!

Why are you all worrying about being bullied so much???

Although, in all fairness, i do understand how it would create unbalence in the game!!! But u just need to cap it.. like 3 attack sieges at 1 time!!!

What is rong with that???

If im being sieged by the same clan 3 times and then they leave us alone to get more blood.. i dont complain.. if im sieged by them 3 times over the corse of a week, i dont complain!!!

In BWs, you get sieged!!!!!

08-16-2008 02:10 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
What is rong with that???

An awful lot is wrong with it. Unless players can only be in one siege at a time. but then it would create an imbalnace because the lower clans would never have blood, ever. BoS members are fvery strong, and they could take weaker clans on singlely in an attempt to gain PoH and Resources galore.

I think this is a very mis-construed idea, and shouldn't even be considered, but that is my opinion

Your imperfection.
08-16-2008 02:43 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

3 at a time, maybe 2
1 person to a O.siege (duh)

2 is better than 1 and wont unbalence to much!!!

08-16-2008 02:47 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

Leave it how it is. I think the siege balance is just right. It makes you really have to think about who you are sieging

Your imperfection.
08-16-2008 02:56 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

There is no balence in Underworld!!!

Its this

'Its ok, lets not make it better'

attitude why we are still behind the other servers!!!!

08-16-2008 03:07 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
There is no balence in Underworld!!!

I agree.

quote:

Its this

attitude why we are still behind the other servers!!!!

I disagree. It is this that would allow you to steamroll clans. It is this that would allow and dissallow PoH, after all as it is it is hard nenough to get PoH, now imagine when sieges go more than once... I really think you haven't thought this through.

As for being behind, I didn't realise it was a race.

quote:

I think your idea would make it far worse.

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 08-16-2008 03:11.

08-16-2008 03:10 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

I dont care about this much any more!!! The AK thing is really annoying me now!!!

Race?? No, are we behind??? Yes!!!!! Think your answers through!!! 'I expect more from u' Quoting u there!!!!

And its your own fault for not having honor!!!! We set up honor sieges so that expos were going on every day and for the most part, they were!!!

And very reguraly, we had 2-3 a day for a few days in a row, then we start doing sum sieges and share the honor about the clan!!!!

You cant blame other clans for you not having honor!!!!

Isnt it spelt Honour?? Is no U the american way?? I no they do the Color thing without the U (which is also the amerikan way)

=D

08-16-2008 03:25 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Evangelion
The warning machine

quote:
AGAIN, im not saying 1 per member, im just saying that you should, in whatever way you look at it, be able to do more than one!!! Like 2 or 3!!!!!
quote:

Did I miss something between the lines or what??

And let's take a look at the technical aspect of your proposal. Right now a player can join every siege during its 1st phase. If there were more than one offensive siege then that would mean one player can attack 2-3 castles at the same time...

To implement a limit on joining offensive sieges would mean rewriting the siege scripts, that takes time and money...

08-16-2008 11:43 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
DemonDude
Lord

Hmmm i suppose!!!

Sorri i fought so much last night, i was about to fall asleep and was all angri lol

Sorri Evangelion!!!

=DD

08-16-2008 12:21 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Demondude and co. thankyou for that wonderful history lesson, but the fact of the matter is, if you're going to post in the Game System said your posts should be relevant.

Persians, Greeks, etc, aside. Evan is right, on top of the fact that the siege limit is there to protect weaker clans, there are far more pressing issues in this game than minor ailments with a weapon or completely rewriting scripts for a large part of the game, that simply dont need to be rewritten.

Alot of your posts seem to be based on real life straight forward logic. You're playing as a VAMPIRE in the FUTURE . Of course real life logic doesn't apply.

08-18-2008 04:12 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

I think that ends the discussion. Thread closed.

08-18-2008 08:37 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Attack Sieges

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH