Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » quest idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page quest idea
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

quest idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just thinking about quests, you dont really have to put much thaught to them do you?, so i thaught of an idea for a new quest.
you get 1 per day [2 if your premiun] but they take a while to do

the idea is based on the pilgrimages quest

what happens is that you start the quest as nrmal and after 5 minuites it comes up with a little scenario, say you go to a village and learn mutants are heading this way

you then get 3 options, say
stay and fight with the villagers [depends on strengh/agility]
scare the attackers away [reputation/charisma]
set a trap for the attackers[perception/knowledge]

you then pick one, if your unsuccsesful then you get a reward depending on how far youv got [for the first one you would get nothing]

if you sucseed you will get another scenario and so are until you fail, or have done 10 scenarios. if you reach the 10th one you will get your reward

now their is a chance for nice big rewards here, as at the end you will only get 1 item as a reward, but it will be a good one. for completing scenarios one the item you recieve will have a minimun value of 5000lgo, scenario 2 10000 and so on up till scenario 5. after that it increases by 10000 each time, so if you complete all of them the item you recieve will have a minimun value of 75000lgo.

the chance for succsefull quest is similer to that off a medium quest, but the maximun chance is 60% to stop it becoming to easy

now befor anyone ways that this will only make the top players better as they have better items, for this quest i think that luck should have no effect on the items you recieve, and as i said the cap is 60%

this shoudnt flod the market with loads of really good items either as the chance to complete all quests with 60% for everything is 0.362797056%, so really pretty low but the items would be worth it.

in case anyones wondering why i based it on lgo its because the higher value items generally are a lot better for example if i said prefix and sufix you could end up with a hardened bandanna of caution, which costs 6275, after completing everything, but as i based it on lgo you could end up with some really good items, for example, an arachnid ring, which costs about 94000lgo
09-14-2008 18:39 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds cool, like interactive story

09-14-2008 18:43 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like it. I would always go for the strength agility option being a melee player with high strength and agility...lol.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

09-14-2008 19:07 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

Sounds like a cool idea.

09-14-2008 19:19 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

RE: quest idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good idea.
another one could be when you do a quest there could be a 5% chance you will encounter a werewulf or a mutent and have to fight it.

if you win u get double exp for that quest and a slightly higher chance to find a half decent item.
09-14-2008 19:28 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-12-2008
Clan: BLP !

i dont like this idea...i dont like nothing based on % in bloodwars. This leads to more luck based game, while more lucky guys are getting more and more adventage on rest.
09-14-2008 19:58 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

RE: quest idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bobalob57
now befor anyone ways that this will only make the top players better as they have better items, for this quest i think that luck should have no effect on the items you recieve, and as i said the cap is 60%

actually Zizu he says right there that luck won't count for any items you recieve meaning luck will only help you succeed in the quest not help you get a better item then someone else.
This game is all ready luck based, you have to be lucky to get the last hit in an expo you start. you have to be lucky to get in on a 30% chance. you have to be lucky to get the item on auction and hope that no one comes along and out bids you. you have to be lucky to get the right hard quest. If you don't like luck based then how did you survive so long?? no offense intended.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

09-14-2008 21:09 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Zizu
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-12-2008
Clan: BLP !

i mean real life, he said that max 60% of succes. Means that i with my bad luck will never complete even one, while someone else can do all them all the time.
one part of game is luck and second is experience and brain xD i got the second part ;]
09-14-2008 21:56 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
i mean real life, he said that max 60% of succes. Means that i with my bad luck will never complete even one, while someone else can do all them all the time.

That shouldn't be the reason it's a bad idea... I think this is a good idea because it allows everyone to play to their own peresonal strneghts

Your imperfection.
09-15-2008 14:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

That's a super idea Bob; definitely something that the Devs should consider, & I agree with Nelacar as well - there should be a small percentage chance of suddenly getting ambushed by werewolf crazies. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
09-15-2008 18:43 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Clan: end

brill idea it might actually help us little guys also lol

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
09-15-2008 18:52 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

I'm afraid I dont support this idea. It would need a new quests procedure to ignore luck.
We all want good items and we all want them fast, but it takes time and patience.

09-15-2008 18:53 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
I'm afraid I dont support this idea. It would need a new quests procedure to ignore luck.
We all want good items and we all want them fast, but it takes time and patience.

Lol - I wasn't even thinking about the items aspect of the idea; I was just excited with the prospect of having something more interesting happening with the quests - they are lamest part of the game. The only time they are fun is when you have a task to complete with the werewolves. I only do my daily quests bcos I get exp & blood from them. People have asked me loads of times what gear I wear to quest in; but 90% of the time I can't be bothered to change gear just to quest; only if its a pilgrimage.... like I can be bothered to change my equipment just to improve my chance of success by an "n"th degree!

I understand Diablo's pov, and yeah the dev side of it would probably be a ball-ache (which means it will never happen), but at least the concept of livening up the quests is a good one. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
09-15-2008 19:13 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by bobalob57

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
quote:
Originally posted by diablo

Lol - I wasn't even thinking about the items aspect of the idea; I was just excited with the prospect of having something more interesting happening with the quests - they are lamest part of the game. The only time they are fun is when you have a task to complete with the werewolves. I only do my daily quests bcos I get exp & blood from them. People have asked me loads of times what gear I wear to quest in; but 90% of the time I can't be bothered to change gear just to quest; only if its a pilgrimage.... like I can be bothered to change my equipment just to improve my chance of success by an "n"th degree!

I understand Diablo's pov, and yeah the dev side of it would probably be a ball-ache (which means it will never happen), but at least the concept of livening up the quests is a good one. Wink

thats a good point yes, luck probably should be used now i think about it, i just didnt want it to be possible to et really good items straight away, and luck would probably reduce that risk. maybe factorig fights into them would be good as well as it would certainly help to make them more interesting.

a final point if any devs are out there and are looking at this, them could you give us any reasons why this coudnt be implanted, like it would cause lag or your too busy, just let us no that you read these
09-15-2008 20:13 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
joshk
Double Ace

Registration Date: 02-15-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by bobalob57
just thinking about quests, you dont really have to put much thaught to them do you?, so i thaught of an idea for a new quest.
you get 1 per day [2 if your premiun] but they take a while to do

the idea is based on the pilgrimages quest

what happens is that you start the quest as nrmal and after 5 minuites it comes up with a little scenario, say you go to a village and learn mutants are heading this way

you then get 3 options, say
stay and fight with the villagers [depends on strengh/agility]
scare the attackers away [reputation/charisma]
set a trap for the attackers[perception/knowledge]

you then pick one, if your unsuccsesful then you get a reward depending on how far youv got [for the first one you would get nothing]

if you sucseed you will get another scenario and so are until you fail, or have done 10 scenarios. if you reach the 10th one you will get your reward

now their is a chance for nice big rewards here, as at the end you will only get 1 item as a reward, but it will be a good one. for completing scenarios one the item you recieve will have a minimun value of 5000lgo, scenario 2 10000 and so on up till scenario 5. after that it increases by 10000 each time, so if you complete all of them the item you recieve will have a minimun value of 75000lgo.

the chance for succsefull quest is similer to that off a medium quest, but the maximun chance is 60% to stop it becoming to easy

this shoudnt flod the market with loads of really good items either as the chance to complete all quests with 60% for everything is 0.362797056%, so really pretty low but the items would be worth it.

in case anyones wondering why i based it on lgo its because the higher value items generally are a lot better for example if i said prefix and sufix you could end up with a hardened bandanna of caution, which costs 6275, after completing everything, but as i based it on lgo you could end up with some really good items, for example, an arachnid ring, which costs about 94000lgo

And maybe instaed of having items all the time you could introduse some soulstones aswell Smile

If you must Cheat, Cheat Death.
And if you must Drink, Drink in only the moments that take your breath away.
09-15-2008 21:03 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
bobalob57
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by bobalob57

quote:
Originally posted by joshk

And maybe instaed of having items all the time you could introduse some soulstones aswell Smile

that would be a good idea, and is something i thaught about maybe in the first 2 quests theres a 25%chance for a bs, next 2 theres a 25% chance for a h and so on up to number 9 and 10 where theres a 25% chance for a ss
09-15-2008 21:15 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
joshk
Double Ace

and also when it gets to the last one you get a legendery item + a Soul stone or a mergestone

09-15-2008 22:01 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

That would ruin all the fragile economics we have atm Frown

09-15-2008 23:53 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

A bit much... I was looking at it as a chance to get a large amount of people or something more than anything... say increase the chance of a decent item drop by a fraction of a percent... but mainly it'd be great for those who have PoH but never people

Your imperfection.
09-16-2008 00:31 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
joshk
Double Ace

yeah well maybe a legendary item plus a stone is a bit much

and talkin about PoH maybe if sometimes you do a succesful quest you get PoH for that

09-16-2008 12:36 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

i like the idea Smile ... but dout anything will happen, im still waitng for news about my "Solo Expos idea" Frown like 6 months later

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 09-21-2008 08:32.

09-21-2008 01:55 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » quest idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH