Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Server Events » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Server Events
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Shasu

Registration Date: 05-15-2008

Server Events Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is is it just me or do we only get server events that make playing even harder on the blood problems than it already is?
Last server event was +50% regenaration cost, now we got +200%.

I am sorry but considering how sparce blood already got in the higher levels / z3. How about rethinking the server events some? Or how about just leaving them off totally? Not like we gain anything much from them usually anyways :/
12-05-2008 18:24 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's just random.

Randomly ALWAYS a bad thing, but there you go Tongue

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
12-06-2008 04:33 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Clan: .DB.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there are nice server events as well like:

Cursed Moon - +100% to HP resulting from Police Station
Stroke of Misfortune - decreased chance for a successful quest
Fresh Blood - cost of regeneration 50 %

and all players favourite one:

Night of Heroes - buildings bonuses apply to sieges and to expedition.

great chance for a lot of hops in siege and you can do golem expo alone :-)
12-06-2008 08:41 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:
It's just random.

Randomly ALWAYS a bad thing, but there you go

It's just that the bad ones always happen

quote:
there are nice server events as well like:

Cursed Moon - +100% to HP resulting from Police Station
Stroke of Misfortune - decreased chance for a successful quest
Fresh Blood - cost of regeneration 50 %

and all players favourite one:

Night of Heroes - buildings bonuses apply to sieges and to expedition.

great chance for a lot of hops in siege and you can do golem expo alone :-)

Lol.

Anyone notice that the server events that are really good only last an hour or two, and the ones that are really bad last the whole day?

Your imperfection.
12-07-2008 03:50 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

every event last for 12 hours.

12-07-2008 08:53 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Great I love random generator of this game.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-07-2008 20:04 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Shasu

Thread Starter Thread Started by Shasu

One emoticon to describe it all...

12-07-2008 20:08 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

Yay @ plague twice in a row Smile

Not that it affects me of course...

Blood
231 850 l
+ 45 l / h
12-07-2008 20:44 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Zer
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

Its fun as it makes you think more on how to play the game not only attacking, im already starting to get low on blood so i think i will stop levelling one day to get blood and increase max eprception to avoid ambushes next days Tongue ! there´s always a good part in everything Wink
12-07-2008 21:22 Zer is offline Search for Posts by Zer Add Zer to your Buddy List
Shasu

Do the devs actually know any other event except +200% or +50% regeneration cost or is that only to piss off the players some more?
01-05-2009 09:05 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

blood farms will be getting very much dry because of that and i don't mean for a day or two but for long time so again there will be post after post with ideas how to increase blood on server.

solution - there is non that make sense.

01-05-2009 10:05 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

The list of events is in wiki, there is at least one event that is clearly profitable for players.

01-05-2009 14:12 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
there is at least one event that is clearly profitable for players

lol, isnt there like 12 events?? the gods dont like us vampires much!! =D

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

01-05-2009 14:18 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Random number generators love nobody Smile

01-05-2009 14:20 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Shasu

So you are saying the system randomly turns on an event at an erratic time when it feels like it and it happens to be 80% of the time the regenaration cost thingy? :p
How about turning off that system totally then? The few events that are nice to have pop up like once a year so might as well have no events at all? Wink
01-05-2009 17:07 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

i thought that the system generated a new event depending on the amount and value of items being destroyed.

just wondering whats the ratio of good events to bad events? and are the chances of getting one event exactly the same as getting another?
01-05-2009 17:12 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Most of the events are crap and we seem to get just the useless anyway, so I am for the idea to disable them. During the last year I think there was one (or maybe 2) events that actually helped somehow.
Or all the usable ones last 1 second.
Just look and tell me how many have you actually seen:

* Night of Ancient Gods - toughness +15
* Night of Long Knives - damage of all weapons +10
* Night of Heroes - buildings bonuses apply to sieges and to expedition.
* Curse of Gods - decrease of % for successful quest
* Fresh Blood - cost of regeneration 50 %
* Plague - cost of regeneration 200%
* Night of Bloody Gods - +100% HP during attack
* Earthquake - construction time +500%
* Stroke of Misfortune - decreased chance for a successful quest
* Dark Fears - Effects of buildings do not apply in ambush
* Cursed Moon - +100% to HP resulting from Police Station

01-05-2009 17:59 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
Just look and tell me how many have you actually seen:

I've seen all off them. Not all on this server of course ;P
The problem is that events are very rare.

01-05-2009 18:53 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
diablo

Yes, I've seen them all too, but a lof of people didn't. (we've been here for a long time)

01-05-2009 19:23 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

its easy to say that the events are random. but then if they were, there would be the same likelyhood of the good ones happening too

01-05-2009 19:27 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

I think i've seen them all, but unfortunately i did not get the chance to go on expo during "Night of Heroes". I think the frequency of random events should higher, but there should be a couple more positive events: higher chance of successful quest, +x luck, higher production of blood/people/lgo the possibilities are nearly endless.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 01-05-2009 19:33.

01-05-2009 19:32 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

I have also seen them all, however I'm never on for long enough to actually use them for long enough... when Night of Heroes was on I started an expo, an it went off mid point :S

Your imperfection.
01-06-2009 12:27 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

Night of Ancient Gods - toughness +15

i dun remember seeing this before

Night of Ancient Gods - toughness +15

01-11-2009 15:21 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
diablo

That was when most of my attacks at higher players failed Wink

01-11-2009 16:58 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Server Events

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH