Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Question to the 2h melee fighters please » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Question to the 2h melee fighters please
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Question to the 2h melee fighters please Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have the chance to merge either of these:

Radiating Two-handed sword of Bloodsucker (+1)
Damage: 58 - 69
Effects: Chance to hit -11, BLOOD PTS -6 %, STRENGTH +13, TOUGHNESS -4, chance for critical hit +12 %, weapon damage +26, -11 to HP per hit, HP +11 %
Requirements: LEVEL: 33 (35), STRENGTH: 39 (41), INTELLIGENCE: 16, KNOWLEDGE: 17 (18 ), AGILITY: 13

Light Flail of Bloodsucker (+1)
Damage: 29 - 76
Effects: Chance to hit -13, AGILITY +9, weapon damage -3, STRENGTH +7, TOUGHNESS +7, HP +11 %
Requirements: LEVEL: 30 (31), STRENGTH: 32 (33), INTELLIGENCE: 18 (19), KNOWLEDGE: 17 (18 ), AGILITY: 6

Just wondering which people think is better.

I am leaning towards the sword; radiating is a much better prefix, and I can get the 2nd hit earlier; plus the min damage is higher & you get that lovely crit-hit.

But the flail is a thing of beauty! Plus you get the agility, and because it is light prefix the reqs are lowered.

Anyway, before I merge, I just thought I would ask for some opinions. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 03-11-2009 22:57.

03-11-2009 22:57 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

are you BK? if so i would go for flail as im have trouble getting agility if you dont have the same problem as me then go for sword

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

03-12-2009 00:02 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am not a 2h melee tattoo.... but when I get up a few more levels, I am going to start thinking about changing over to one; possibly BK.

Surely the "to hit" bonus from the BK tattoo helps with the agility problem?

Back on topic - the sword is my preference - I have seen radiating swords in expos & sieges, and they do make short work of most things! Smile

Anyone else - Lys, Evan, Anubis, marmaladegirl, Hespera, Kenpachi??

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-12-2009 00:14 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

yeh the to hit tattoo does help but currently for my level 3 tattoos i can only get 92 agility and thats with 21 bonus from my weapon but if you dont have a problem hitting things then radiating is better yes and if your thinking of changing to BK id try and get equipment for level 3 tattoo first and see how much agility you have with that gear that way you know if your gonna need agi or not

on another note you could always get a murderous wep then merge the sword then when you get enough agi from your gear you can swap to the sword

03-12-2009 00:33 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

bk is a gd tattoo for 2handed but u will have trouble with agility cause lets see zakhir and noob_god are the only ones who have decent agility as a BK. and also their weapons gives some agility bonus. so the only way to succeed as a bk is to have a legendary with agility prefix weapon.

unless u wanna jus mess about then i suppose radiating is gd Smile what u using to merge them?

03-12-2009 06:36 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Well how much agility does the BK need, consider the following:
Targets agility = X
To hit bonus = TH
Legendary hit bonus = +25%
Agility = AG

When using legendary weapon against a target with agility 250 you need:
X=(AG+TH/3)*1,25
X is 250, lets assume only to hit bonus from tattoo = 75 so:
250=(AG+75/3)*1,25
~
250/1,25=AG+75/3
~
200=AG+25
~
175=AG
So assuming the black knight gets not other to hit bonus than what his tattoo gives him, he will need 'only' 175 agility to be on par with agility 250 IF using a legendary weapon.

When not using legendary you need a whole lot more agility, so i would wait with becoming black knight until you get a decent legendary 2-hander. But thats just my opinion

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 03-12-2009 07:21.

03-12-2009 07:20 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Anyone else - Lys, Evan, Anubis, marmaladegirl, Hespera, Kenpachi??

NG?

To follow up what dooz said..

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8844beb147

123 agility.
Chance to hit -18
Effects: chance to hit of all weapons +48
(Not counting my helmet)

123 + 30/3 = 133 then add the Legendary hit bonus to that 166.25
So I hit the Red (171 AG) a fair few times but assume it would be a bit higher with my chance to hit from Helmet.

Now consider

Light Flail hit-13 + 9 agility. So my tattoos would leave me with +35 hit and +9 agility. = +20

Radiating 2h hit-11 + 0 agility. So I would be left with +37 hit and 0 agility = + 12.

This is difficult because Light Flail would be best but no criticals. So Radiating is a choice but you struggle to hit a lot more; and chance to hit doesn't affect how others hit you.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
03-12-2009 07:58 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Well how much agility does the BK need, consider the following:
Targets agility = X
To hit bonus = TH
Legendary hit bonus = +25%
Agility = AG

When using legendary weapon against a target with agility 250 you need:
X=(AG+TH/3)*1,25
X is 250, lets assume only to hit bonus from tattoo = 75 so:
250=(AG+75/3)*1,25
~
250/1,25=AG+75/3
~
200=AG+25
~
175=AG
So assuming the black knight gets not other to hit bonus than what his tattoo gives him, he will need 'only' 175 agility to be on par with agility 250 IF using a legendary weapon.

When not using legendary you need a whole lot more agility, so i would wait with becoming black knight until you get a decent legendary 2-hander. But thats just my opinion

and it also assumes you can get level 5 of the tattoos which with the defence requirements i dont think anyone has on this server yet but if you have the gear for that then i dont suppose it really matters what weapon you have lol and you add the 25% from legendary which neither of the weapons you can merge are

03-12-2009 12:35 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

if u wanna be a bk then u need a lot of stones and alot of luck Tongue

such as maybe merging or finding

assault hat/cap of adrenaline or perfect circlet of adrenaline +1
elvish/light vest of deathsower at a decent lvl
titanium of accuracy set not youth
elvish/light shorts of sccout
and ofcourse the weapon would normally depends on the mob but mostly u would want a legendary murderous/cruel/radiating xxx of xxx if possible.
i think well thats what i would want.

why not switch to assassin? u have gun set and also a decent melee set up i believe.

03-12-2009 13:26 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
dooz
Viking

Yes you are right, i might be a bit generous with my assumptions. I don't really know how far chtulu are from completing his tattoos. But in my eyes a legendary weapon is critical for BK, even a legendary without agility can easily compensate for that by adding its 25% to hit.

Lets look at a basic legendary weapon:
Legendary Good Chainsaw
Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 75 - 111
Effects: Chance to hit -20, attacks per round: 2, chance for critical hit +25 %, chance to hit increased by 25 %
Requirements: LEVEL: 48 (54), STRENGTH: 41 (46), INTELLIGENCE: 30 (34), KNOWLEDGE: 32 (36), Your character must be in act: 2
Selling price: 10 050 Lgo
Value: Nanites 2275, Mana 455

Chainsaw has good damage, 2 attacks, but -20(7 agility) to hit.
Lets assume level 3 tattoos, and 100 agility(i really have no idea how much you BK have)
agility + to hit modifier
100 + (48-20)/3 = 109
add legendary to hit bonus to this and you get 136
So for a agility 100 BK this weapon is worth 136-116=20 points of agility when calculating hit chance. Of course this bonus gets better as you rise in tattoo level and get more agility. Oh and don't forget the 25% extra critical chance, so our example BK will have a total chance of 40%.

Not bad for a weapon that sold for 55 in auction, i wonder if anyone is using this weapon?

Actually try to compare it with this weapon that for some reason sold for 1 SS
Good Murderous Two-handed sword
Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 65 - 77
Effects: Chance to hit -20, attacks per round: 2, AGILITY +20, chance for critical hit +22 %, weapon damage +15
Requirements: LEVEL: 52 (5Cool , STRENGTH: 53 (60), INTELLIGENCE: 22 (24), KNOWLEDGE: 21 (23), AGILITY: 20 (22)
Selling price: 31 700 Lgo
Value: Nanites 364, Mana 1001

Damage is much lower, the agility bonus is effectively only 13 because of the negative to hit and finally critical chance is 3% lower.
What would you choose?

And yes as Minshres said you need elite stuff to be able to use your tattoos at level 5, i would not consider BK before i was well above level 65 or so. Or at the very least not until i was in act two and had a useful legendary weapon

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 03-12-2009 13:54.

03-12-2009 13:34 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

@Kenpachi - merging:
sword = Shining Mace of Lead (+1) + Light Two-handed sword of Bloodsucker (+1)
Flail = Mystic Flail of Power (+1) + Light Two-handed sword of Bloodsucker (+1)

@Kenpachi & Dooz - I know legendary weaps with agility probably are the best advantage for 2h'ers, but a Legd Murderous Flail of Suicide aint gonna fall in my lap! Tongue

quote:
the only way to succeed as a bk is to have a legendary with agility prefix weapon

Surely not?? The tattoo & weapons were designed before the addition of legendry stuff; so what's the point of putting so much diversity into the game structure if the "only way" is make sure you have a singular item?

@Noob-G - sorry dude, I forget all of the 2h'ers on the server! Tongue

@everyone who answered - I understand the difficulties of the tattoo; I am currently growing a BK on the polish server, which is why I am not considering changing tattoos on this server just yet - the high reqs for all the decent 2h weapons are very high, so I intend to give it serious thought when I am of a level and stats that will do it justice.

Next questions:

1) So no-one thinks radiating is a beneficial prefix? If they do, what suffix is best suited to it?

2) From the prefixes that do give agility, what is better (because I think Light sucks a bit!) - Murderous, Demonic, Broad.... er, Serrated? Any others?

I guess what I am asking is - is there a better 2h weap I can work towards merging? Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-12-2009 13:38 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

personally i think radiating is good but i wouldnt be able to hit with it which i why i dont use it as for suffixs i think bloodsucker is the best the only other suffix i would consider is betrayal or something like that for getting through in ambushes

as for agility i think murderous is the best cos of the crit hit unless its legendary when demonic comes into its own cos of the extra damage

and you missed antique from that list =P

03-12-2009 16:35 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

quote:
I guess what I am asking is - is there a better 2h weap I can work towards merging? Smile

LEGENDARY CENSORED MURDEROUS KATANA OF SUICIDE OF COURSE.... WHOOOP!!!WHOOOP!!!
AND CENSORED LEGENDARY RADITAING KATANA OF SUICIDE
AGAIN... BAHAHAHAHAHA.. .heheh lolll....

or without legendary.

Censored by Raxis

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 03-12-2009 16:48.

03-12-2009 16:47 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Kenpachi/Minshres waatch your language.

Warning

Your imperfection.
03-12-2009 16:55 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

those weapon has to be shown with passion Big Grin and if u are wondering why katana then it cause it has gd base damage and the least -hit, thats why Smile

03-12-2009 16:58 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
necrol
Triple Ace

but BKs cant use suicide so its not really the best weapon for him

03-12-2009 17:00 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

oh if its for bk then if obviously gonna be

legendary MURDEROUS xxx of basilisk. gagagagagaggagajajajajjaja or whatever it is.
or legendary antique/light xxxx of basilisk YEAH!!!

03-12-2009 17:03 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
God_Like_Friend
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
oh if its for bk then if obviously gonna be

legendary MURDEROUS xxx of basilisk. gagagagagaggagajajajajjaja or whatever it is.
or legendary antique/light xxxx of basilisk YEAH!!!

Or Bloodsucker.

quote:

03-12-2009 17:09 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

basilisk gives more damage, critical and if i m correct it also gives one hell of rep. so it gd for overall use. ambushes to expos Smile

03-12-2009 17:10 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Between those two, Light would be the better choice because of agility. But for a BK around the level you are now, neither in my opinion. Work on getting even just a regular legendary item and agility around 125 or so.

@minshres-BK with vengence? Um...BK's need item defence for tattoos to work so a BK with vengence would be a suicidal BK. perfect circlet of adreline? seriously?? Why not replace circlet with helmet? Helmets on G+3 are enough to get you to Level 4 BK tats. Personally I'm going for a XXX helmet of adreline. I just need a decent prefix.... haven't decided yet.

As for which prefix/suffix is best. Murderous is the best prefix because of hit chance, agility, weapon damage and I believe crits. One of the best suffixs, bloodsucker: for HP bonus, strength and toughness. Another good suffix is Basilisk because of weapon max/min increase, crit increase and rep increase.

The best TYPE of weapon would be a sword because it gets the 2nd hit sooner. A scythe is also good because for some strange reason, scythe's give more insane crits then any other weapon. I've used a mace and a scythe of about the same prefix suffix and the scythe ALWAYS did more damage.

For now work towards merging something with a murderous of XX. then try for a murderous of Basilisk/bloodsucker. Or like I said, even just any old legendary 2h weapon that gives a decent bonus to agility or something will suffice until you start getting into the top 50's. Also, try to keep a really good defence kit on the ready. BK's can get everyone coming in and if you don't have high enough defence, you'll just get creamed. Trust me on that, I know.

Like others have said, I'd wait till you had a vest of deathsower, either an assualt hard hat of adreline or a helmet of adreline, shorts of scout and a decent accuracy (or whatever) jewelery set and weapon before changing.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-12-2009 17:15 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
minshres
Viking

perfect circlet of adrenaline +1 cause more aglity and strength ofcourse Smile and the charima bonus do help in defense.

as for the weapon i mention i didnt know casue it didnt exactly say "for BK"

03-12-2009 17:22 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

lol. Understood but who the heck is going to get a perfect circlet of adreline +1?? I thought my dream gear was bad enough...LOL. I mean woot for extra charisma and all...but perfect before it could be worn?? is that level 3 or 5 tats?

Basilisk is a good overall weapon, but Bloodsucker gives HP which can be used to slow people down in expos and defence if you've got good defence. Really for rep gear you need a decent rep base and swap off jewelery or shorts and boost rep that way, keeping the weapon so you'd still get the HP boost, making it harder for someone to kill you when you attack. That's just my opinion though... Both are really good suffixes, I just prefer Bloodsucker because of increased HP, strength and toughness.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

03-12-2009 17:33 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
dooz
Viking

Depends on your level P+1 circlet gives 1 defense every 4 level, i think Perfect circlet +1 has around 20 base defense(its 17 at G+5). So for a level 70-74 BK could use Perfect Circlet of adrenaline +1 as headgear for level 5 tattoos. A solid choice if you don't want monster defense

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 03-12-2009 18:18.

03-12-2009 18:17 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

At that Level you could probably also wear Perfect Shorts of Scout (+2), (+3) and (+4)

P+2.
Pants
Defence: 58
Effects: AGILITY +40, defence increased by 1 for every 4 char levels, defence +25
Requirements: LEVEL: 67, STRENGTH: 74, AGILITY: 37

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 03-12-2009 18:23.

03-12-2009 18:22 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Scout at P+1 would be enough, good luck getting them to P+2 Smile

03-12-2009 18:43 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

oh scout gives defense :/

i thought it was damage. so which one gives damage?

why not jus get a elvish short of shadowhunter Tongue it gives +defense like scout at p+1 Big Grin

03-12-2009 18:45 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Elvish of Shadowhunter would give Level 3 /4 tattoos I presume determined by your level of course but Scout is 25 ahead.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 03-12-2009 19:00.

03-12-2009 18:59 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
At that Level you could probably also wear Perfect Shorts of Scout (+2), (+3) and (+4)

P+2.
Pants
Defence: 58
Effects: AGILITY +40, defence increased by 1 for every 4 char levels, defence +25
Requirements: LEVEL: 67, STRENGTH: 74, AGILITY: 37

i just made a happy wee

my perfect gear is

Runic helmet of adrenaline
Runic cape of deathsower
Runic shorts of Scout(i just happy-wee'd again)
titanium amulet of Levitation
titanium bracelet/ring of youth x 2
Legendary Demonic mace of bloodsucker ( oops and again)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by necrol: 03-12-2009 21:18.

03-12-2009 19:09 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Question to the 2h melee fighters please

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH