Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Restarting - Race choice » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Restarting - Race choice
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Restarting - Race choice Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm probably going to restart my character, I made far too many mistakes early on which have caused me too many set backs... now I know what i'm doing I'm aiming to restart and go gunman/gangster again.... BUT this time I'll know what to do... my only decision is this:

Thoughtcatcher or absorber? I like the idea of either.... I like the thoughtcatcher pic more... but the usefulness of absorber in ACT II is amazing

What do peopple think....

TC or absorber?

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 05-01-2009 00:38.

05-01-2009 00:21 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: OMFG

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

absorber, as they also have some use whilst in act 1 as opposed to the thought catcher (they get bullied at he start)

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

05-01-2009 00:39 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raxis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I jnow thoughtcatchers get raped at the start... but majesty is an incrddibly good expo arcana... and I've played an absorber since I started...

Your imperfection.
05-01-2009 00:43 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pleb
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-457.jpg

Clan: OMFG

go with TC if you're after a new experience or stick absorber if you want to merk those around with knowledge

GayTiger is slain on the battlefield.

05-01-2009 00:44 Pleb is offline Search for Posts by Pleb Add Pleb to your Buddy List
Beatrice_2
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-654.gif

Registration Date: 03-21-2009
Clan: BK

yeah go as thought catcher...... its good..... i recon.... when you know what your doing Big Grin haha i don't but you doo haha Wink you could be an amazing though catcher

EVANS & CESARZ NUMBER 1 FAN
Click if you want a giggle XD

05-01-2009 00:44 Beatrice_2 is offline Homepage of Beatrice_2 Search for Posts by Beatrice_2 Add Beatrice_2 to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Badger

Well assuming your going to go a different tattoo (meaning the one we're talking about) then thoughtcatcher, that would make put you at INSANE amounts of HP, and defense. Problem is you won't be able to use high requirement items as soon because you'd be a thoughtcatcher instead.

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
05-01-2009 00:45 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Absorber becomes really handy in act 2, thoughtcatcher is handy for a while but overall absorber is better
05-01-2009 00:48 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

No I'm going to follow the path I started right at the beginning of my 1H guns... I know how to build a gunman.... and with damage focus I can build a better one...

I'm just trying to work out whther the extra HP would be worth it.... or whether luck arcana and crit is better

I mean majesty in expos is prety impressive

Your imperfection.
05-01-2009 00:49 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Raserei

After reading this I wonder if I picked the wrong one in the start too...I'm a beastmaster. I know better next time Smile

05-01-2009 00:54 Raserei is offline Search for Posts by Raserei Add Raserei to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Depends how ya wanna play it dude.

If you intend on getting to high level status, go absorber for easiness. Extra HP is also nice at the beginning and will help you get off on the right foot.

TC is v nice for expos and ambushes.

05-01-2009 00:55 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

Exactly Arty.... I'm so used to being an absorber I wonder if the change would cripple me... but then if I decide to take gangster again, I have no need of critical arcana.... but boosted HP with my dodge would be awesome

Your imperfection.
05-01-2009 00:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Well I went BM this time around, and havent yet noticed any problems with easiness (just gotta be a little more careful with how I allocate PoP).

Have you considered cultist?

05-01-2009 00:59 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

I don't wanna be cultist... I want to avoid searing blood.... too many cultist gunners.... in fact.

other than collectors how many gangster/gunmen are thoughtcatchers?

Your imperfection.
05-01-2009 01:00 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

Meh if I was going gunner this time around I'd be cultist for sure.

05-01-2009 01:02 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

Why? I mean searing blood is very nice.. and lends some easy expos.... but someone like Mortis can deal more damage than diablo's searing blood through extra criticals....

Since I tend to play a survivor style then I don't think the cultist is for me.

I'm very nearly considering trying a BK

Your imperfection.
05-01-2009 01:04 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Why? I mean searing blood is very nice.. and lends some easy expos.... but someone like Mortis can deal more damage than diablo's searing blood through extra criticals....

Since I tend to play a survivor style then I don't think the cultist is for me.

I'm very nearly considering trying a BK

Really? Show me Wink
A thoughtcatcher gangster would be much better than absorber.
Trying a BK? From the scratch? Now thats a really bad idea...

05-01-2009 01:22 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
A thoughtcatcher gangster would be much better than absorber.

you've hit the nail on the head of what I was getting at... I like the gangster tattoo path, a lot... I think I'll retake it... but absorber arcana made it redundant, cos I used hunters xxx of guardsman

quote:
Really? Show me

Those were your words

EDIT:

I think TC gangster it is

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 05-01-2009 02:12.

05-01-2009 01:25 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

I'm a TC assassin and majesty helps a lot in expos-especially if its a big mob and I'm just there to get hit. Somewhat useful in ambushes unless you get hit by an absorber then it sucks.

05-01-2009 14:09 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Restarting - Race choice

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH